PDA

View Full Version : I'm am usually here...

progressiveforpaul
05-29-2011, 09:34 PM
urging Dr. Paul to make deals with us progressives but here is a suggestion in the other direction. Tell Sarah Palin that she can have Interior Secretary if she stays out and endorses Dr. Paul Tell Herman Cain he can have Commerce if he gets out and endorses the same. Give Huckabee something too. Do this and get enough of us to jump on board and you can tell Romney or some other neo-con clones to eat the dust that's stinging their face. Might even tell Huntsman he can have UN Ambassador. Of course The neo-cons will throw every weapon they have to stop Dr. Paul should he get a good lead early on. And if he survives that assault, he's got the Democratic corporatists who will do the same and more if need be. That's why after the nomination is won he has to offer Labor to Kucinich and Treasury to Sanders. He comes at Obama with a real coalition he might just win. Plays to the purists and their lust for instant gratification, he loses, and the purists, with him.
http://progressivesforronpaul.blogspot.com/

trey4sports
05-29-2011, 09:38 PM
too many of those are purely establishment puppets. They'd much rather support Romney than Paul.

Cain, Huck, Hunstman, Cain and the others will support Romney before paul. Palin, well i think shed probably support Ron over Romney

low preference guy
05-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Give Huckabee something too.

Can he give him jail time for pardoning killers who went on to kill innocent people again?

Tell Herman Cain he can have Commerce if he gets out and endorses the same

The Department of commerce could be renamed as the department of corporate welfare, and the name would be accurate. Ron Paul will probably try to eliminate that Department, and if he can't do that, to make it dysfunctional.

Might even tell Huntsman he can have UN Ambassador.

It's kind of hard for someone who proposes eliminating the United Nations to offer somebody to be a UN Ambassador.

Carehn
05-29-2011, 09:40 PM
It would be less of a win and may even be a loss for me if something along those lines happened.

specsaregood
05-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes, that worked quite well at making the reagan administration a failure:

In any event, when Reagan scored his resounding triumph in New Hampshire in February, the overtures to the East began to work. New York establishment laywer Bill Casey (CFR), who became campaign director the day of the New Hampshire victory, began building bridges and promising that a more moderate Reagan would emerge after the Republican Convention.

Indeed, one did. Reagan picked Bush for his running mate, and after the election, put together a transition team that included 28 CFR men. As President, he appointed more than 80 individuals to his administration who were members of the CFR, the Trilateral Commission, or both.

ctb619
05-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Such a move would be reminiscent of Reagan packing his cabinet with CFR members in 1980.

IDefendThePlatform
05-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Doing what the OP suggests confuses the message and goes against what Dr. P has been preaching for 30 years.

"We need to audit the Fed. But I'm giving former Fed Chairman and pro-Fed secrecy Herman Cain a spot in my cabinet."

Better that he slams Cain (and the others) for not understanding shit and wins his followers over to our side.

It'd be like if he had endorsed McCain after the 08 primary. A purely political play that costs him more in credibility than he would stand to gain.

With that said, maybe there are certain cabinet positions that make some sense for certain people, like putting Palin in charge of ATF or something. :)

progressiveforpaul
05-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Got to have someone in there to begin with if u really hope to get rid of them/

Can he give him jail time for pardoning killers who went on to kill innocent people again?

The Department of commerce could be renamed as the department of corporate welfare, and the name would be accurate. Ron Paul will probably try to eliminate that Department, and if he can't do that, to make it dysfunctional.

It's kind of hard for someone who proposes eliminating the United Nations to offer somebody to be a UN Ambassador.

Vessol
05-29-2011, 09:54 PM
urging Dr. Paul to make deals with us progressives but here is a suggestion in the other direction. Tell Sarah Palin that she can have Interior Secretary if she stays out and endorses Dr. Paul Tell Herman Cain he can have Commerce if he gets out and endorses the same. Give Huckabee something too. Do this and get enough of us to jump on board and you can tell Romney or some other neo-con clones to eat the dust that's stinging their face. Might even tell Huntsman he can have UN Ambassador. Of course The neo-cons will throw every weapon they have to stop Dr. Paul should he get a good lead early on. And if he survives that assault, he's got the Democratic corporatists who will do the same and more if need be. That's why after the nomination is won he has to offer Labor to Kucinich and Treasury to Sanders. He comes at Obama with a real coalition he might just win. Plays to the purists and their lust for instant gratification, he loses, and the purists, with him.
http://progressivesforronpaul.blogspot.com/

Offering positions for support is as crony as it gets.

pcosmar
05-29-2011, 10:42 PM
urging Dr. Paul to make deals with us progressives but here is a suggestion in the other direction.

Ron Paul does not make deals. He stands on principles.
His consistent stand is why we are here.

There would be no place for any of those people in a Ron Paul administration.

progressiveforpaul
05-30-2011, 08:01 AM
There will always have to be deal making in politics. Ron Paul realizes this when he talks about paying for Medicare and social security. He knows these programs are not going away any time soon so instead of advocating the libertarian ideal of defunding them he says let's pay for them by making cuts in empire spending and shifting half of the savings to make these programs solvent. That's deal making. It in no way diminishes Dr. Paul or his ideals. In fact it actually advances his cause. He knows that he is not going to get everything in one big bite so instead of refusing to sit down at the table with progressives he makes deals with them. I admit that most dealing making ends up with us getting the worst of both worlds but from my perspective as a progressive, I see Ron Paul as being willing to make deals we can live with.

Doing what the OP suggests confuses the message and goes against what Dr. P has been preaching for 30 years.

"We need to audit the Fed. But I'm giving former Fed Chairman and pro-Fed secrecy Herman Cain a spot in my cabinet."

Better that he slams Cain (and the others) for not understanding shit and wins his followers over to our side.

It'd be like if he had endorsed McCain after the 08 primary. A purely political play that costs him more in credibility than he would stand to gain.

With that said, maybe there are certain cabinet positions that make some sense for certain people, like putting Palin in charge of ATF or something. :)

Rothbardian Girl
05-30-2011, 09:42 AM
There will always have to be deal making in politics. Ron Paul realizes this when he talks about paying for Medicare and social security. He knows these programs are not going away any time soon so instead of advocating the libertarian ideal of defunding them he says let's pay for them by making cuts in empire spending and shifting half of the savings to make these programs solvent. That's deal making. It in no way diminishes Dr. Paul or his ideals. In fact it actually advances his cause. He knows that he is not going to get everything in one big bite so instead of refusing to sit down at the table with progressives he makes deals with them. I admit that most dealing making ends up with us getting the worst of both worlds but from my perspective as a progressive, I see Ron Paul as being willing to make deals we can live with.

I think that kind of deal-making doesn't really undermine his cause, though. If Paul were to appoint these people to positions in his government, he would look like an absolute hypocrite. The kind of deal where he suggests paying to shore up the entitlement programs from the empire-building funds doesn't necessarily outright compromise his principles. He wouldn't be able to offer any sort of explanation for why he's appointing these people in these positions, while at least with the other deals he can logically support his stances.

It didn't work when Reagan was president, and it's not going to work now. I do agree that compromises should be made, but I like the way Paul has gone about it right now.

outspoken
05-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Ron doesn't compromise and nor should anyone who hold liberty as paramount to all decisions based on the philosophy of liberty as laid for by the Constitution. Progressives still cling to the belief that government should be about compromising on values to advance the human race through government. Those who believe in liberty recognize that government itself is the problem. To still hold true to compromising on your value system to permit those who wish to use power to control the human spirit is the antithesis of what it means to stand behind what Ron Paul represents. I'd rather see RP stand firm in surrounding himself with no-name liberty minded people that power mongers even if it means the collapse of our economy. Personally, I think our fate is already sealed due to the debt strapped to the backs of the next generation that is in the midst of inheriting this progressive mess created by decades of such 'compromise'. The real question is how do we go about rebuilding America when the dollar officially collapses and the real depression hits... I believe it is already spelled out by adhering to the principles laid forth by the Constitution. If we can't rebuild the country the way it was intended maybe we may be in an age where anarcho-capitalism may be able to provide a peaceful alternative to the Great Welfare/Warfare State that has been all the world has ever known. Time will tell but true progress can only occur when we recognize the true nature of government.

Travlyr
05-30-2011, 11:26 AM
The real question is how do we go about rebuilding America when the dollar officially collapses and the real depression hits... I believe it is already spelled out by adhering to the principles laid forth by the Constitution.

It is! Honest Sound Money FTW! (http://thenewamerican.com/economy/commentary-mainmenu-43/7258-mending-our-monetary-maladies)

progressiveforpaul
05-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Good points and I am in principle with you on making appointments. They should be about competency and commitment to the president's agenda with a healthy ability not to be a complete yes person. If, however, you can find among your rivals a number who have needed competencies and a trustworthy willingness to serve the president's agenda, then announcing such appointments in advance of an election (not sure this has ever been tried) could serve to gain one significant allies and much needed votes. Good politics is not always contrary to good principles.

I think that kind of deal-making doesn't really undermine his cause, though. If Paul were to appoint these people to positions in his government, he would look like an absolute hypocrite. The kind of deal where he suggests paying to shore up the entitlement programs from the empire-building funds doesn't necessarily outright compromise his principles. He wouldn't be able to offer any sort of explanation for why he's appointing these people in these positions, while at least with the other deals he can logically support his stances.

It didn't work when Reagan was president, and it's not going to work now. I do agree that compromises should be made, but I like the way Paul has gone about it right now.

Koz
05-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Pretty sure Dr. Paul would try to eliminate all of those departments, so that would be pretty funny to promise those appointments and then try to eliminate the department.

bkreigh
05-30-2011, 09:28 PM
P4P, you are not getting it brother. The reason we are in the mess we are in is due to all the deal making. Everybody else is so damn worried about winning versus sticking to what they believe in. RP is a love him or hate him type of guy. He isnt going to change his views so he can cater to others to obtain a couple votes or to line his pockets (lobbyists).

Dont get me wrong or anything, there are some issues i dont agree with him on but im not about to ask for him to cater to my needs/wants.

RonPaulCult
05-30-2011, 09:43 PM
I think Kucinich would make a fantastic Defense Secretary.