PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: Group Arrested in D.C. for Dancing at U.S. Monument

doodle
05-29-2011, 06:38 PM
May 29, 2011
Group Arrested in D.C. for Dancing at U.S. Monument

http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/29/group-arrested-dc-dancing-us-monument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbP9ulzUgFo&feature=player_embedded

kahless
05-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Russia Today exposing the American police state. I am just amazed what I am witnessing in my lifetime.

Dr.3D
05-29-2011, 06:59 PM
I especially enjoyed this part @ 1:15

It's just the bad apples that give the other 5% a bad name.

Does this imply, 95% are bad apples?

pcosmar
05-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I especially enjoyed this part @ 1:15

Does this imply, 95% are bad apples?

He said it fast enough that most will miss it.
;) :D

sorianofan
05-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Russia Today exposing the American police state. I am just amazed what I am witnessing in my lifetime.

+1

sorianofan
05-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I wonder if Putin tolerates dancing without sending you to the gulag...

WaterWine41
05-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Adam Kokesh never ceases to amaze me with his cheerful, light-hearted demeanor in the face of the most egregious injustices. The spirit of liberty is strong with this one!

speciallyblend
05-29-2011, 08:43 PM

i hear ya , WTF!!

speciallyblend
05-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Adam Kokesh never ceases to amaze me with his cheerful, light-hearted demeanor in the face of the most egregious injustices. The spirit of liberty is strong with this one!

one of my biggest highlights in the liberty movement back in 2008-2009 was meeting Adam Kokesh at Ronstock at the rally for the republic. He crashed with us:) at Ronstock! We hade Marc Scibilia Band and Adam Kokesh and lots of rpf members jammin at the camp fire:) Memories:):) ps also got to snowboard with adam for a week in Colorado:) Adam Kokesh is the Man;) I Love Adam Kokesh and Ron Paul:) in a manly way;)

AGRP
05-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Who's willing to bet that SWAT will be used?

WaterWine41
05-29-2011, 09:00 PM

Only if there are dogs or veterans there for them to shoot at.

Lafayette
05-29-2011, 09:19 PM

Im sure they'll have a few dozen in riot gear at the least.

doodle
05-30-2011, 12:36 PM

The irony... things have changed radically lately.

Agorism
05-30-2011, 12:37 PM
I noticed Kokesh didn't allow the officer to push his hands down from out in front of him so that when he body slammed him he still had his hands to shield his fall

Travlyr
05-30-2011, 12:41 PM
I noticed Kokesh didn't allow the officer to push his hands down from out in front of him so that when he body slammed him he still had his hands to shield his fall

Good observation. I also have to give Adam kudos for taking the fall. I'm pretty sure Adam could have body slammed the officer, but he didn't. That took resolve.

Matthew Zak
05-30-2011, 12:53 PM

What a difference 20 years makes.

A Son of Liberty
05-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Good observation. I also have to give Adam kudos for taking the fall. I'm pretty sure Adam could have body slammed the officer, but he didn't. That took resolve.

Easily. It seemed he was confident of his odds even against the 'roided up gorilla that tried to stare him down. Kokesh has served in combat... I'm guessing Officer Park-police-tough-guy doesn't exactly keep him up at night. ;)

Trigonx
05-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Only if there are dogs or veterans there for them to shoot at.

haha I was gonna say, Do Not bring your dogs please!!! Police are even afraid of tiny pink poodles.

Immortal Technique
05-30-2011, 01:36 PM
the comments over there at FOX are disgusting

BlackTerrel
05-30-2011, 03:59 PM
"It's really just the bad apples that give the other 5% a bad name". Hahahaha dude cracks me up.

speciallyblend
05-30-2011, 09:23 PM
1500 now http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?295754-FREEDOM-DANCERS-600-of-Them-Join-them-June-4th!!!&p=3307486#post3307486

Mani
05-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Looking at the comments I realize we are fucked. Like I suspected, this didn't make Adam look like a man trying to point out the decline of our civil liberties, but as a "punk who deserved to get body slammed."

So many of them are talking about how they should have been hit harder, spend some time in prison, they deserved what they got...etc etc.

A lot of people think, "He was there to stir trouble and got what he deserved."

It's not easy to see us moving forward to gain back our rights when so many think anyone who acts out deserves to get whacked. "they were disrespectful. They broke the law. The Police had to do their job, the protestors were non compliant and the officers had no choice..."

Those people I feel are a lost cause. They are the ones who say, "....If it keeps us safe..." , "If someone bangs down your door and you have a gun, you should have your hands in the air, otherwise it's your own fault.", "He didn't listen to the police officer's orders, he brought it upon himself...", "So what if they don't have a warrant, if you have nothing to hide what's the big deal?"..and on and on. They have every reason WHY TSA needs to grope you "If you don't like it don't fly...", WHY veterans are killed when doing nothing wrong, WHY POLICE BRUTALITY is OK, WHY the 4th amendment is not a big deal, WHY the Patriot Act is GOOD...The problem with these people, is there are so many of them.

We can see our civil liberties eroding and can show example after example and compile a list that put together is quite alarming and every incident we see after that just adds to our list of injustices. But they see one act like this and have a one off explanation similar to a shrug and "they got what they deserved." They don't put it together, they are completely blind to any problem, and think any criticism is completely off base. I don't see that mentality changing anytime soon.

PaulineDisciple
05-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Someone needs to show up with a boom box and play the tune "everybody was kung fu fighting" then they would have an alibi if some goons get hit with a few round-house kicks.

jrskblx125
05-31-2011, 06:27 AM
I understand the point they were making by dancing but if it was already deemed illegal, of course theyd get arrested if they didnt comply. The only thing the cops did illegal in my opinion is rejecting cameras. Obviously its a stupid law which is why this next dance party is gonna be hilarious. Its sad you need a permit haha.

speciallyblend
05-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Looking at the comments I realize we are fucked. Like I suspected, this didn't make Adam look like a man trying to point out the decline of our civil liberties, but as a "punk who deserved to get body slammed."

So many of them are talking about how they should have been hit harder, spend some time in prison, they deserved what they got...etc etc.

It's not easy to see us moving forward to gain back our rights when so many think anyone who acts out deserves to get whacked. "they were disrespectful. They broke the law. The Police had to do their job, the protestors were non compliant and the officers had no choice..."

Those people I feel are a lost cause. They are the ones who say, "....If it keeps us safe..." , "If someone bangs down your door and you have a gun, you should have your hands in the air, otherwise it's your own fault.", "He didn't listen to the police officer's orders, he brought it upon himself...", "So what if they don't have a warrant, if you have nothing to hide what's the big deal?"..and on and on. They have every reason WHY TSA needs to grope you "If you don't like it don't fly...", WHY veterans are killed when doing nothing wrong, WHY POLICE BRUTALITY is OK, WHY the 4th amendment is not a big deal, WHY the Patriot Act is GOOD...The problem with these people, is there are so many of them.

We can see our civil liberties eroding and can show example after example and compile a list that put together is quite alarming and every incident we see after that just adds to our list of injustices. But they see one act like this and have a one off explanation similar to a shrug and "they got what they deserved." They don't put it together, they are completely blind to any problem, and think any criticism is completely off base. I don't see that mentality changing anytime soon.

i see plenty of positive comments. your just focusing on the bad. bottom line the gop elected obama what did you expect??

speciallyblend
05-31-2011, 06:30 AM
I understand the point they were making by dancing but if it was already deemed illegal, of course theyd get arrested if they didnt comply. The only thing the cops did illegal in my opinion is rejecting cameras. Obviously its a stupid law which is why this next dance party is gonna be hilarious. Its sad you need a permit haha.

so was riding a bus and being black,but they changed the law by becoming freedom riders. This is no different! You have to challenge the law. When corrupt republicans and democrats make them and have no intention of changing them? Do you think they would of changed laws in alabama and across the south if it wasn't for the actions of the freedom riders? absolutely not!! sat should be very interesting!! you think they will show with national guard? riot police? or the army?

speciallyblend
05-31-2011, 06:30 AM

if 1000 show . We will have made our point and show americans how bad the us gov and our country has become! It will be interesting sat eh?

specsaregood
05-31-2011, 06:31 AM

Yes, there are a lot of tough guy trolls on the internet.

speciallyblend
05-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Yes, there are a lot of tough guy trolls on the internet.

i see plenty of good comments to:) we will see what happens on Sat!!

jrskblx125
05-31-2011, 06:42 AM
if 1000 show . We will have made our point and show americans how bad the us gov and our country has become! It will be interesting sat eh?

Itll definitely be interesting! My point wasnt bashing the actions of the dancers. If the law exists though the cop was doing his job. Therefore if they knew the law existed they knew arrest was almost guaranteed, particularly when you dont leave when asked. Which is fine. Im glad they did it because it draws attention to the point at hand : you cant dance at the jefferson memorial.

A Son of Liberty
05-31-2011, 06:45 AM
Itll definitely be interesting! My point wasnt bashing the actions of the dancers. If the law exists though the cop was doing his job. Therefore if they knew the law existed they knew arrest was almost guaranteed, particularly when you dont leave when asked. Which is fine. Im glad they did it because it draws attention to the point at hand : you cant dance at the jefferson memorial.

It would seem that was the point of the protest - to highlight the absurdity, immorality, and unconstitutionality of this law. Whether "just doing their job" is a justifiable defense for the cops is another matter altogether.

Kylie
05-31-2011, 07:03 AM

Ugh, I know. I'm meeting up with this same response on another board I frequent. They're a bunch of badass bikers who flaunt the law all the time, but think that dancing at TJ's memorial is childish and should be met with force.

Same kind of guys that believe that all the people in the middle east are trrrrists!! and hate us for our freedoms.

Nevermind the fact that I've watched these guys break the law on several occasions and in many different ways. Those laws are stupid, but THIS law(about not dancing) is dead on and should be upheld by force.

The cognitive dissonance in their minds must be astounding.

angelatc
05-31-2011, 07:36 AM

Thats my biggest concern about the upcoming protest event. Adam is well versed in the art of getting arrested without violence. I hope everyone else can stay that calm.

tropicangela
05-31-2011, 08:44 AM

ii) The term‘‘special events’’ in- cludes sports events, pageants, celebra- tions, historical reenactments, regat- tas, entertainments, exhibitions, pa- rades, fairs, festivals and similar events (including such events presented by the National Park Service), which are not demonstrations under para- graph (g)(1)(i) of this section, and which are engaged in by one or more persons, the conduct of which has the effect, intent or propensity to draw a crowd or onlookers. This term also does not include casual park use by visitors or tourists which does not have an intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.

(2) Permit requirements. Dem onst ra- tions and special events may be held only pursuant to a permit issued in ac- cordance with the provisions of this section except:

(i) Demonstrations involving 25 per- sons or fewer may be held without a permit p r o v i d e d that the other condi- tions required for the issuance of a per- mit are met and provided further that the group is not merely an extension of another group already availing itself of the 25-person maximum under this pro- vision or will not unreasonably inter- fere with other demonstrations or spe- cial events. Demonstrations may be held in the following park areas without a per- mitp r o v i d e d that the conduct of such demonstrations is reasonably con- sistent with the protection and use of the indicated park area and the other requirements of this section. The nu- merical limitations listed below are ap- plicable only for demonstrations con- ducted without a permit in such areas. Larger demonstrations may take place in these areas pursuant to a permit.

Other park areas. No permits may be issued authorizing demonstrations or special events in the following other park areas:
(A) The
Washingt on

Monum ent , which means the area enclosed within the inner circle that surrounds the Monument’s base, except for the offi- cial annual commemorative Wash- ington birthday ceremony.

(B) The Lincoln Memorial, which means that portion of the park area which is on the same level or above the base of the large marble columns sur- rounding the structure, and the single series of marble stairs immediately ad- jacent to and below that level, except for the official annual commemorative Lincoln birthday ceremony.

(C) The Jefferson Memorial, which means the circular portion of the Jef- ferson Memorial enclosed by the outer- most series of columns, and all por- tions on the same levels or above the base of these columns, except for the official annual commemorative Jeffer- son birthday ceremony.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?295754-FREEDOM-DANCERS-600-of-Them-Join-them-June-4th!!!&p=3308235&viewfull=1#post3308235

jrskblx125
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
That seems complicated. They have a 25 person rule. More needs a permit, less doesnt but needs to fulfill permit guidelines???

tropicangela
05-31-2011, 08:56 AM
That seems complicated. They have a 25 person rule. More needs a permit, less doesnt but needs to fulfill permit guidelines???

No permits are issued except on Jefferson's birthday?

Adam et al were cited for "dancing in a restricted area."

jrskblx125
05-31-2011, 09:00 AM
I thought i saw a permit online somewhere for this upcoming dance party, not the last one.

tropicangela
05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Here is a copy of the actual citation
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150191403146260&set=a.252798181259.148437.90664406259
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249388_10150191403146260_90664406259_7228860_22473 46_n.jpg

it looks like this is the offense charged from the citation:
36 CFR 7.96 (361.8 KB, PDF file)
http://bit.ly/lLN4Yw
(g) Demonstrations and special events—
(1) Definitions. (i) The term ‘‘demonstrations’’
includes demonstrations,
picketing, speechmaking, marching,
holding vigils or religious services and
all other like forms of conduct which
involve the communication or expression
of views or grievances, engaged in
by one or more persons, the conduct of
which has the effect, intent or propensity
to draw a crowd or onlookers. This
term does not include casual park use
by visitors or tourists which does not
have an intent or propensity to attract
a crowd or onlookers.

HOLLYWOOD
05-31-2011, 10:07 AM
it looks like this is the offense charged from the citation:
36 CFR 7.96 (361.8 KB, PDF file)
http://bit.ly/lLN4Yw
(g) Demonstrations and special events—
(1) Definitions. (i) The term ‘‘demonstrations’’
includes demonstrations,
picketing, speechmaking, marching,
holding vigils or religious services and
all other like forms of conduct which
involve the communication or expression
of views or grievances, engaged in
by one or more persons, the conduct of
which has the effect, intent or propensity
to draw a crowd or onlookers. This
term does not include casual park use
by visitors or tourists which does not
have an intent or propensity to attract
a crowd or onlookers.

INCREDIBILE... 1st Amendment BANNED inside the Imperial Empire aka Washington DC. It's now communist MOSCOW of the Soviet Socialist Repuglic

Klassic Kokesh:

The POLICE in America does not exist for PUBLIC SAFETY...
It does not exist to provide for the NEEDS OF THE PEOPLE...
It does not exist to prevent crimes or hunt down criminals...

IT EXISTS TO GENERATE REVENUE FOR THE GOVERNMENT and CONTROL THE POPULATION.

tropicangela
05-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Terrible comments on this page - http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/29/group-arrested-dc-dancing-us-monument

Jump in and help if you're up for it. Thx.

Matthew Zak
05-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Terrible comments on this page - http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/29/group-arrested-dc-dancing-us-monument

I'm trying but I can't seem to load a comment field. Grrr.

Mani
05-31-2011, 10:31 AM
i see plenty of good comments to:) we will see what happens on Sat!!

Yes, part of my post was a combination of frustration from comments I've seen from a bunch of different issues. This last one boiled me up to spit them out all a once. I think they are the same mindset. The guys ripping on Adam are the same defending the TSA and patriot act. They defend the cops in the cotsco killing and the marine swat team murder.

I see their posts in every article, 4th amendment related articles, or guys ripping on the miss America or ripping on TX law marks for the antigroping bill. There are so many who just agree with whatever the federal govt says.

Blah. Enuff ranting on those idiots. I hope their is a great turnout this weekend and people dance to Ain't that America or something fun and American prideful.

Chieppa1
05-31-2011, 10:34 AM
I gave up on the "comment wars". All I get is "he's a stupid hippie". I respond with "Who? You mean the Iraq War Vet?". America is filled with Rambo loving action junkies. I mean, look at all those "police dramas" on TV. They violate someone's rights within the first 5 minutes of each episode. And they are seen as "badass cops".

Matthew Zak
05-31-2011, 10:41 AM

I'm trying but I can't seem to load a comment field. Grrr.

tropicangela
05-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Ron Paul doesn't give up, and he's so educational. Take a break, come back, and let's try to keep positive comments at the top at least.

Everyone please 'Like' the good comments on pages you come across to keep them bumped.

I'm going to beach to decompress. =D Will be back.

tropicangela
05-31-2011, 10:45 AM
Oh, and this is the Fox Nation's written 'Purpose':

The Fox Nation was created for people who believe in the United States of America and its ideals, as expressed in the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Emancipation Proclamation. It is a community that believes in the American Dream: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. One that believes being an American is an honor, as well as a great responsibility – and a wonderful adventure.

S.Shorland
05-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Kokesh and Co should get some Parkinsons sufferers in there and let them get arrested for twitching.That would make a point.

Also,if the police ask 'is your leader here?' you should say 'yes,he's right behind you on the plinth.'

Rothbardian Girl
05-31-2011, 01:08 PM
I posted on the comment section - brought up Jefferson's "unjust law" quote, hoping to highlight the irony. Here's hoping some Fox sheeple get it.

Wesker1982
05-31-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGw2e7P8g-s&feature=feedlik

Joey Fuller
05-31-2011, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEkUYc4lGrU&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OVNaKOo7GTM

pcosmar
05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGw2e7P8g-s

:D
LOL

Well done

doodle
05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGw2e7P8g-s&feature=feedlik

Hitler knew about Wikileaks lol

puppetmaster
05-31-2011, 08:41 PM

cowards will ALWAYS side with the force of government.
It justifies their shameful cowardice.

puppetmaster
05-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Ron Paul should show up and observe......

speciallyblend
06-01-2011, 06:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf8jvSPA3XQ