PDA

View Full Version : Moneybombs: Scheduled vs. Spontaneous

goRPaul
05-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I want to know how RPF's feels, because I'm not sure which way I fall on this, and this has already been the subject of some debate. Trevor Lyman and BTM have come up with a "moneybomb schedule (http://breakthematrix.com/politics/elections/ron-paul-money-month-win-race-2012-moneybomb-calendar/)" which has about one moneybomb a month all the way through May 2012. Most or all of them fall on relevant dates, such as Ron Paul's Birthday on August 20th.

Why I like it-
He makes valid points that the moneybomb has lost the media shock value that the original one had, and that the campaign needs a more consistent and reliable source of funding. He also says he's open to suggestions of other dates, and that nothing is set in stone.

Here's why I don't like it-
It feels like a rigid top-down approach that would ordinarily make the libertarian in me shudder. Even though he said nothing is set in stone, there are individualized pages for each moneybomb, with the pledge counter and everything. And to think that the campaign may be adopting and relying on the Lyman moneybomb schedule makes me a little sick to my stomach. I'll support the campaign no matter what, but that will be tough to turn a blind eye to.

afwjam
05-29-2011, 06:04 PM
I think we need to wait till June 6th to see how the money bomb schedule works. If this money bomb fizzles, then lets make some changes. I have a feeling a lot of people will be suprised by the support for the June 5th money bomb and the Ready, Ames, Fire! money bomb on july 19th. The campaign needs our money NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzZLjnCj-vA

trey4sports
05-29-2011, 06:20 PM
scheduled. I agree with the above poster.... lets wait and see how June 5th goes.

Teaser Rate
05-29-2011, 07:05 PM
I think moneybombs were very useful during the first campaign because they allowed Ron Paul to gain free media attention and name recognition at a time where he had close to none. However, since most people already know who he is this time around, I don't know if the free publicity is still worth the costs of scheduling moneybombs.

Austin
05-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Moneybombs were never spontaneous, at least the successful ones weren't. They were all planned with about a month or more in advance.

JK/SEA
05-29-2011, 07:19 PM
//

sorianofan
05-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Moneybombs should really be on days that mean something (i.e. July 4th so our opposition does not classify us as anti-american) or in the midst of huge political events, like the Florida 5 convention in September.