PDA

View Full Version : Thailand arrests American for alleged king insult

BlackTerrel
05-28-2011, 04:26 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110527/ap_on_re_as/as_thailand_monarchy

BANGKOK – Thai authorities said Friday they arrested an American citizen on charges he insulted the country's monarchy, in part by posting a link on his blog four years ago to a banned book about the Southeast Asian nation's ailing king...

...The 54-year-old Thai-born man lived in the U.S. state of Colorado for around 30 years before returning recently to Thailand for treatment for high blood pressure and gout, the website said. If the allegations are true, the infractions would have been committed while he lived in America — where they are legal — raising concern about the reach of Thai law and how it is applied to Thai nationals and foreign visitors.

Agorism
05-28-2011, 04:29 PM
This happens all the time. I hear this same story once a year or more.

BlackTerrel
05-28-2011, 06:04 PM
This happens all the time. I hear this same story once a year or more.

What struck me as interesting is it was a 4 year old post that he made on a website while he was living in the US. Flies to Thailand and is arrested.

This would be if like I wrote "The King of Thailand is a ****" on RPF.

And five years from now I fly to Thailand and they arrest me and toss me in jail for 3 to 15 years.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2011, 12:47 AM
What struck me as interesting is it was a 4 year old post that he made on a website while he was living in the US. Flies to Thailand and is arrested.

This would be if like I wrote "The King of Thailand is a ****" on RPF.

And five years from now I fly to Thailand and they arrest me and toss me in jail for 3 to 15 years.

The King of Thailand eats his boogers.

I can't go to Thailand now.

torchbearer
05-29-2011, 06:35 AM
from one king to another- fuck you.