PDA

View Full Version : Church fined for improperly pruning trees

libertybrewcity
05-28-2011, 01:18 PM
The church was fined $100 per branch cut for excessive pruning, bringing the violation to $4,000.

"I just couldn't believe it when I heard about it," Sales said. "We trim our trees back every three years all over our property, and this is the first time we have been fined."

The fine will be dropped if the church replaces each of the improperly pruned trees, said Tom Johnson, senior urban forester for city of Charlotte Land Development Division.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/05/28/2333197/church-fined-for-improper-tree.html#ixzz1Ng09Q5tL

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/05/28/2333197/church-fined-for-improper-tree.html

thehungarian
05-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Hope they have a lot of duct tape to put those branches back on the trees.

pcosmar
05-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Any bets that this is connected (directly) to Agenda 21?

Searching now

edit for a couple quick ones.
http://pundithouse.com/2011/03/agenda-21-hits-home/
http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_67/8149000/8149983/2/print/8149983.pdf

Another, seems one of our own is already on this,
http://glenbradley.net/pipermail/bradley4house_glenbradley.net/2011-January/000019.html

BlackTerrel
05-28-2011, 02:46 PM
The fine will be dropped if the church replaces each of the improperly pruned trees, said Tom Johnson

He's just mocking them now.

libertybrewcity
05-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Since the ordinance was implemented to save the trees, the church should just cut them all down.

Napoleon's Shadow
05-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Who owns the trees, and who's property are they on?

jkr
05-28-2011, 03:45 PM
trees>people :(

James Madison
05-28-2011, 03:50 PM
I feel safer already.

RCA
05-28-2011, 03:52 PM
One theist telling another what to do, gotta love it!

Koz
05-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Finally some justice for the poor crape myrtle trees. These criminals are getting off easy in my opinion, the thought of an improperly pruned tree is horrifying. Think of everyone who has to view the tree, frightful isn't it. I say throw the book at 'em.

low preference guy
05-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a good reason to put North Carolina in a list of very authoritarian states to boycott. Or is every state like that?

pcosmar
05-28-2011, 04:20 PM

My understanding is that they are on Church Property, but that is irrelevant because they were trimmed without permission by unlicensed people.

Dr.3D
05-28-2011, 04:25 PM

On private property, fine amounts are based on the size of the tree improperly pruned. For small trees such as cherry trees or crape myrtles, the fine is $75 per tree. Excessive cutting can increase that fine to $100 per branch.

It would seem the city believes it owns even what doesn't belong to them.

Dianne
05-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Living in North Carolina, I cannot emphasize enough how satisfied my tax dollars went to enforcement for cutting down one extra branch or two... lawl... Ms. Bev Perdue loves a beautiful tree... although she is not that crazy about chickens, lol. When I woke up this morning, my first thought was hoping they would spend $19,000. to fine the church $4,000.

If they had not cut down the branches, what would have the implications been; i.e., insurance company calling them negligent, county/state calling them slack ... They should fight this...

Keep us posted. I started a freedomwatchnc.com sit, in hopes that each of you do the same in your respective states. I will get some articles on it next week ... even as computer illiterate as I am... I will be watching and posting NC lies ..... ooops... they refer to them as laws .... sorry.

Carehn
05-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Sounds like a good reason to put North Carolina in a list of very authoritarian states to boycott. Or is every state like that?

Come to Idaho my friend.

Koz
05-28-2011, 06:28 PM
I just trimmed my own trees today with no authorization from any government entity. I assume the police will be knocking on my door tomorrow.

low preference guy
05-28-2011, 06:33 PM
It is necessary to have the government spy people's private property to enforce this law. How insane.

Dr.3D
05-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Just more evidence, the government feels it owns everything and just charges people to live on it and maintain it to their standards.

dannno
05-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Pruning trees results in them growing back even more robust..

Dr.3D
05-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Pruning trees results in them growing back even more robust..

Yep, every apple and cherry tree I have ever planted, later had the entire center pruned out of it so it would spread wide and low. Beautiful trees now they have grown up. Easy to pick the fruit too.

heavenlyboy34
05-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Just more evidence, the government feels it owns everything and just charges people to live on it and maintain it to their standards.
welcome to serfdom 2.0 :(

libertybrewcity
05-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Charlotte is full of fail these days:

"The purpose of the tree ordinance is to protect trees," Johnson said. "Charlotte has always been known as the city of trees. When we take down trees, we need to replace these trees."

Individuals who would like to trim their trees should call the city foresters to receive a free permit to conduct the landscape work.

Foresters will then meet with the person receiving the permit and give instructions on how to properly trim their trees, Johnson said.

The state Division of Forestry recommends that anyone trimming trees should be certified by the National Horticulture Board, but certification is not required to receive a permit.

On private property, fine amounts are based on the size of the tree improperly pruned. For small trees such as cherry trees or crape myrtles, the fine is $75 per tree. Excessive cutting can increase that fine to $100 per branch.

For large trees such as oaks or maples, the fine is $150 per tree.

Because there is a widespread lack of understanding on how to prune crape myrtles in the Charlotte area, Johnson said, residents found in violation regarding these trees are asked to simply replace them, and the fine will be lifted.

LibForestPaul
05-28-2011, 07:51 PM

We all own the environment. We are all interconnected and bear responsibility to each other human's livelihood and well-being.

LibForestPaul
05-28-2011, 07:56 PM

Wonder how the city employee decided it was improperly pruned? What methods did he employ?How did he visual inspect the pruning? How would a jury decide if they are improperly pruned? Is there statues that list how one is to prune a tree? Will expert testimony be required?

manny229
05-28-2011, 08:51 PM
My understanding is that they are on Church Property, but that is irrelevant because they were trimmed without permission by unlicensed people.

Permission by local government seems to be the agenda. In my small town, the supervisor wants to make it illegal to cut down a dead tree... even if its on your property, the reason for this is to provide the local woodpeckers a place to find bugs/worms in the dead tree.
Moral of the story, woodpeckers have more right to my property than I do, might as well sign over the deed to the birds let them pay the property taxes (rent).!!!!!

libertybrewcity
05-28-2011, 09:04 PM
We all own the environment. We are all interconnected and bear responsibility to each other human's livelihood and well-being.

Wrong, people own property. Individuals or groups of individuals can buy forests or land and take care of it. If they want to burn down their parcel, then they should be allowed to.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2011, 09:13 PM

In this case it's not the State but the city of Charlotte. Charlotte is......one of the worst establishment strongholds in the nation, and HQ for most of the big banksters in America. This is really more of a city thing than a State thing. Avoid Charlotte like the plague.

low preference guy
05-28-2011, 09:14 PM
In this case it's not the State but the city of Charlotte. Charlotte is......one of the worst establishment strongholds in the nation, and HQ for most of the big banksters in America. This is really more of a city thing than a State thing. Avoid Charlotte like the plague.

Thanks for the clarification.

pcosmar
05-28-2011, 09:18 PM

I posted a piece from you in my initial post in this thread.
Was pleasantly surprised to find it.
;)

Fox McCloud
05-28-2011, 09:28 PM
It's laws like this that end up causing less people to plant trees...or to just burn/cut them down for fear they'll get repeatedly fined for not properly taking care for them.

Easiest way to stamp out an endangered species is to implement a law whereby the government can take the property of anyone who has that type of animal/plant on their property...watch said species disappear ever faster.

What a wicked and perverse society we live in---to the degree we can't even do with our OWN TREES what we like...geez...