PDA

View Full Version : Props to Gary for schooling Hannity...

RileyE104
05-28-2011, 08:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYBgOAHPw3Y&feature=feedu

Hannity gets on my damn nerves...

Although, I hate how Gary declares himself as the "only one out there" who's talking about these issues... @ 6:12

Sola_Fide
05-28-2011, 09:13 AM
I thought Gary did great in that interview.

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 09:18 AM

I don't know... fixing social security and giving states the authority to deliver health care doesn't seem free market to me.

PaulConventionWV
05-28-2011, 09:24 AM

I am dumbfounded at how Hannity is so dumbfounded and just doesn't get it. What is wrong with him that he doesn't get it?

trey4sports
05-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Honestly, Gary did a good job last night. From a style standpoint he was alright. His mannerisms and delivery is a bit awkward, however, he was very substantive and drove home great points.

Matthew Zak
05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
This is why it is a FANTASTIC thing to have both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson running at the same time. The more (as Gary puts it) "Educational Dialogue" we have on these issues, the more mainstream, electable, and of the front runner variety our Man Ron Paul becomes.

VIDEODROME
05-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice interview and I welcome more of this kind of talk to any debate.

VBRonPaulFan
05-28-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't know... fixing social security and giving states the authority to deliver health care doesn't seem free market to me.

baby steps

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 10:01 AM
baby steps

We've been baby stepping for 50 years. I guess if you are young... time is on your side.

Matthew Zak
05-28-2011, 10:03 AM
lol who gave this thread one star? Do some people hate Gary Johnson that much? Man, there are more productive ways to think.

Sola_Fide
05-28-2011, 10:05 AM
We've been baby stepping for 50 years. I guess if you are young... time is on your side.

You are right Travylr, and that is why I respect people like Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin on the drug-war/police-state issue....they pull no punches and are principled from the beginning.

Legend1104
05-28-2011, 10:06 AM
The good thing is Ron Paul is not running for the legalize drugs campaign. That is what some people don't get. He was asked about that issue during the debate and in interviews afterwards, but he is running on the Constitution and the Economy.

sratiug
05-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Hannity should be called out during these interviews for acting as if he is on crack. "Why do you keep interrupting me Hannity, why won't you let me answer your questions... are you smoking crack right now? Really, what is wrong with you? Do you not want answers to your idiotic questions? The government is the biggest drug pusher in the country, pushing dangerous psychotropic drugs to school childern.".

Dreamofunity
05-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Wanting to kill your mother is a predictable outcome of hard drug use... right.

Cleaner44
05-28-2011, 10:09 AM
I would love to see someone address it from a big govt standpoint with Hannity. Make him admit he wants to grow the govt to deal with drugs. Make him admit that the big govt is ineffective at dealing with the issue like they are with everything else.

FAILURE

VBRonPaulFan
05-28-2011, 10:12 AM

i guess. for a long time the pendulum has been swinging towards tyranny. now it seems like it may be starting to swing the other way again.

i thought the interview was pretty good. i caught some of it last night when it was on. gary is really good at drilling down directly to the argument without going off on tangents. makes it hard for hannity to downplay what he is saying.

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 10:37 AM
lol who gave this thread one star? Do some people hate Gary Johnson that much? Man, there are more productive ways to think.

I didn't, but I would have if I would have thought to. It is not a hate of Gary Johnson, at all. Gary Johnson may someday be someone I could vote for, but if Gary Johnson wins the 2012 Republican nomination, all you liberty lovers will be kicking yourself in year two of his presidency just like the Obama supporters are now.

When Hannity said to Johnson, "There is not one thing that you've said so far that I disagree with" that should be a clue to who the establishment is supporting. If you want more of the same... back Gary.

He will not get any of my support this year.

Matthew Zak
05-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I didn't, but I would have if I would have thought to. It is not a hate of Gary Johnson, at all. Gary Johnson may someday be someone I could vote for, but if Gary Johnson wins the 2012 Republican nomination, all you liberty lovers will be kicking yourself in year two of his presidency just like the Obama supporters are now.

When Hannity said to Johnson, "There is not one thing that you've said so far that I disagree with" that should be a clue to who the establishment is supporting. If you want more of the same... back Gary.

I'm not supporting him, either. But he's way behind Ron Paul in the polls, so for now we have the luxury of using him to expand the debate. I don't think the establishment is going to back Gary over any neocon. And even if they did, There's no way Gary is going to steal enough Ron Paul supporters to pass him in the polls. It's Ron Paul or bust for me, but I love love LOVE having some of Ron Paul's issues talked about... Ron Paul can focus more on the economy and war.

Zatch
05-28-2011, 10:43 AM

Hannity was on crack during the interview and had forgot that he had just disagreed with Gary on drugs though.

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm not supporting him, either. But he's way behind Ron Paul in the polls, so for now we have the luxury of using him to expand the debate. I don't think the establishment is going to back Gary over any neocon. And even if they did, There's no way Gary is going to steal enough Ron Paul supporters to pass him in the polls. It's Ron Paul or bust for me, but I love love LOVE having some of Ron Paul's issues talked about... Ron Paul can focus more on the economy and war.

I will be very surprised if the establishment does not back Gary because they know they can own him. Plus, they are a very powerful force and Johnson will be portrayed as the small government guy milder than the kook. Hopefully, I'm wrong about this.

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Hannity was on crack during the interview and had forgot that he had just disagreed with Gary on drugs though.

Hannity's comment was before the drug topic came up, but the Republican establishment will allow talk about legalizing marijuana in order to get the libertarian independent vote. But they will not end the war on drugs... no way... it's far too profitable.

trey4sports
05-28-2011, 10:52 AM
this. is. silly.

Gary may not be perfect but hes not some sort of establishment candidate

mtj458
05-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Seriously, if Johnson was a typical neocon pandering for votes do you really thing he'd run with his main platform as drug legalization? To think that Johnson, with that platform, is only in it to win it is pretty much to think he's an idiot. At the very least, he's probably the best governor in the US in over the past decade, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt even when we don't agree with everything he says. I'd prefer small change to no change.

speciallyblend
05-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I trust Ron Paul even have gone in debt for him in the past:) but the idea that gary is establishment or somehow going to be pushed by est is something i can laugh about over aquabuddha!! Gary is good people! All i know is i can support a Paul/Johnson 2012 Ticket;) I could never support Paul/_________(insert neo-con or gop est) Ron Paul can win the nomination as a conservative and to unite a general election ticket. I would say Gary Johnson would be in my top 5 or even Top 3 choices as a VP Choice,of course i am not Ron Paul but i trust Ron Paul's Judgement unless he picked a gop est/neo-con as a vp!!

speciallyblend
05-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Seriously, if Johnson was a typical neocon pandering for votes do you really thing he'd run with his main platform as drug legalization? To think that Johnson, with that platform, is only in it to win it is pretty much to think he's an idiot. At the very least, he's probably the best governor in the US in over the past decade, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt even when we don't agree with everything he says. I'd prefer small change to no change.

Paul/Johnson 2012 Bring Our Troops Home insert any other gop/dnc candidate into that ticket and it turns into a saturday night live skit;) Paul/Johnson are the only gop candidates i view with credibility.

Golding
05-28-2011, 12:11 PM

He will not get any of my support this year.Establishment really must have changed if Gary Johnson is who they're backing. You're aware that they use the same "I agree with you on economic stances, but not..." line with Ron Paul, right? Is Ron Paul also backed by the establishment? :eek:

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I did not mean that Gary Johnson was the establishment's choice. I meant that between Ron Paul vs. Gary Johnson ... they will promote Gary over Ron.

I thought Hannity was going to give Gary a kiss at the end of that interview.

CaptUSA
05-28-2011, 12:42 PM
This is why it is a FANTASTIC thing to have both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson running at the same time. The more (as Gary puts it) "Educational Dialogue" we have on these issues, the more mainstream, electable, and of the front runner variety our Man Ron Paul becomes.

This is EXACTLY right! Ron Paul will not reach everyone. There are some people who Johnson will be able to reach that Paul cannot. Eventually, once these ideas have settled in them, Paul becomes the obvious choice. But in order to break through the walls that many conservatives have built up (War on Drugs, Patriot Act, Foreign Wars, etc.), it will take many different angles. We have to embrace this stuff and not worry about whether his arguments are 100% how you would like them.

Paul will benefit in te long run.

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Paul will benefit in the long run.

I hope you are right. I guess I'll worry less and rely on Ron to kick Gary's ass in the debates. ;)

CaptUSA
05-28-2011, 01:17 PM
I hope you are right. I guess I'll worry less and rely on Ron to kick Gary's ass in the debates. ;)

Yeah, I don't know if I can emphasize this enough. Gary Johnson is not a threat to Paul. He's a help. If anything, the threat comes if the establishment gets to select a candidate. If Johnson is out there hitting at the establishment and eroding some of that support, it's a good thing for us. I don't think I want Paul kicking Gary's ass in the debates, I want them both kicking the asses of the pawlentys, the Romney's, and the Gingrich's.

If it ends up being a battle between Paul and Johnson, we already won. Don't worry about splitting our side of the vote just yet. We need our side of the vote to build up first. Then, we can work at uniting that side of the vote against the establishment. But guess what... Uniting that vote is going to be real hard if we're alienating the other camps in the process.

Nate
05-28-2011, 01:20 PM

^this

I love having Johnson out there running another campaign that is pushing many of the same issues Dr Paul is. It shows that Paul is not the only one on the GOP ticket that is believes in these ideas & he's not just some lone nut like the statist neo-cons try to paint him. It's a force multiplier, makes it so it's not just Dr Paul vs a bunch of neo-con sellouts. Having other candidates on the dais at the debates & on the campaign trail agreeing with Dr Paul on controversial issues makes the ideas seem more credible & mainstream to the average voter.

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I can emphasize this enough.

Uniting that vote is going to be real hard if we're alienating the other camps in the process.

Cool. I've never been a big fan of politics, so I don't really understand political strategy. I just want liberty to thrive and I know that won't happen until we get honest money.

Fredom101
05-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I REALLY can't stand the way hannity interviews. It's not a dialog, it's rapidfire questions. He does 0 listening, and then says "well we will never agree" but never even took GJ's points into consideration! Such is the MSM and why we should all just tune out.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I thought Hannity was going to give Gary a kiss at the end of that interview.:eek::eek::eek: Why would you think that?!?! :confused:

Brian4Liberty
06-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Although, Gary's position is the correct one, he does not do a good job of selling it. IMHO, he strays too much towards the "advocacy" of drugs. It's about removing the government from the issue, not advocating the use of any given drugs.

Johnnymac
06-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Yea gary did a good job

Carehn
06-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Wanting to kill your mother is a predictable outcome of hard drug use... right.

Thats what i was thinking. As if it happens every time. Not only that but when it does, The law has not stopped it up to this point so why are we so afraid to change anything.
"uh no, we cant get rid of the war on drugs look how well its working.''

The war causes more problems then it falsely claims to be solving. It has yet to solve a single problem it has set out to fix. It costs more money then would be wasted on drugs legal or not. The war on drugs has failed in every aspect of it being. Everyone that is directly or indirectly effected by the war on drugs is worse off. And now, as could have been predicted, a shield of corporate interests and their political pets has sprang up to protect it creating a hole generation incapable of seeing life without it.

A cancer in the market was created and it will grow and grow till it sucks off enough lifeblood of the natural economy to kill it. The war on drugs has kinda taken a back seat to other new cancers. We mush not forget how horrible this one still is.

Airborn
06-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Good interview, but Gary.. WTF?? Acting like you are the only one these positions... 2nd time I heard him say this

Teaser Rate
06-05-2011, 04:18 AM

Hardcore supporters of any successful presidential candidate always end up being disappointed with their choice. The nature of the political establishment forces presidents to compromise on many positions in order to conserve political capital. If a President pisses off the wrong people by trying to ram through too many changes, he ends up being a lame duck.

If Ron Paul wins in 2012, even he would be able to accomplish half the things most of us expect of him.

YumYum
06-05-2011, 04:38 AM
Hardcore supporters of any successful presidential candidate always end up being disappointed with their choice. The nature of the political establishment forces presidents to compromise on many positions in order to conserve political capital. If a President pisses off the wrong people by trying to ram through too many changes, he ends up being a lame duck.

If Ron Paul wins in 2012, even he would be able to accomplish half the things most of us expect of him.

Also, the president needs the co-operation of Congress to pass legislation. So, if Ron wins, he would be faced with possible gridlock on many of his positions. The one thing that Ron can do as president and Commander-in-Chief without Congressional approval is bring all of our troops home and close all the bases around the world.

speciallyblend
06-05-2011, 05:03 AM
Although, Gary's position is the correct one, he does not do a good job of selling it. IMHO, he strays too much towards the "advocacy" of drugs. It's about removing the government from the issue, not advocating the use of any given drugs.

gary is doing a fine job selling it or my wife wouldn't be considering joining the gop!!

Travlyr
06-05-2011, 09:46 AM

He is already accomplishing a worldwide awakening. The main thing that a Ron Paul presidency would achieve is that the leader of the free world understands liberty, peace, and prosperity like very few leaders before him. Ron Paul is the only 2012 presidential candidate that has written books on the subject. His views will spread exponentially as more and more people learn the truth.

Honest Sound Money, FTW!

Napoleon's Shadow
06-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I wish Hannity had let him speak a bit more.

Jim Casey
06-07-2011, 04:33 AM
I am dumbfounded at how Hannity is so dumbfounded and just doesn't get it. What is wrong with him that he doesn't get it?
Hannity speaks for a lot of Americans who do oppose decriminalization of marijuana. As Governor Johnson said, it's a good dialogue and something that needs to be talked about. If Hannity is exposed more to a cultural environment in which marijuana use is more identified with liberty than soullessness, he will adapt to his environment just like anybody else.