PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots money bomb calendar

afwjam
05-28-2011, 01:46 AM
I hope I am not out of line, my last money bomb thread got locked.
I think the issues with Trevor have been mostly cleared up.
I would like to set up a grass roots money bomb calendar that we can refer too. Trevor set one up, but I know some people don't like that, so lets make one here. Nothing is set in stone on Trevor's calendar so money bombs can be added or removed, moved around.
To start with I think a money bomb on July 4/5th is a bad idea, its to close to the 19th. We need to make the 19th a big one for momentum going into the Iowa straw poll. A lot of money bombs is a good thing, because we will have more supporters and the campaign does need a regular supply of money. So here is what I see so far:

June 5th, Legalize gold and silver money bomb - This is a good one, we need to gauge the support after Ron Paul has announced his presidency and its had some time to sink in. This will give us an idea of what we can expect for July 19th

July 4/5th, Trevor scheduled one here, I think it should be cancelled as I stated above, anyone have an opinion?

July 19th, Ready, Ames, Fire! money bomb - This should be the one we start really planning for and saving for now. This needs to be HUGE, it will give us the momentum and money we need to win the Iowa straw poll.

Trevor has many more planned for the rest of the year, about every month. He just planned these to get an idea and get responses. We can change the dates, add or subtract. People seem to be worried about Trevor doing all the money bombs, I would love to see some other independent money bombs put on the calendar, maybe in place of some of Trevors.

This is what Trevor came up with:

August 20th, RonPaulBirthdayBomb.com - This is a great Idea, after the Iowa Straw poll which will be on Aug 13th. Everybody will want to donate for Ron Paul's birthday! Maybe $76, for 76 years of life?

Sept. 17th, ConstitutionDayBomb.com
Nov. 5th - as requested by folks, its a classic.

Nov 11th, VeteransDayBomb.com - Maybe drop this one in favor of Nov. 5th?

Dec 16th, BostonTeaPartyBomb.com - This one is a given......

Jan 10th, CommonSenseMoneyBomb.com
Feb 21st, PresidentsDayBomb.com
April 19th, RevolutionMoneyBomb.com
May 30th, MemorialDayBomb.com

I don't have any opinions about the rest. What do you guys think? Are there other money bombs planned that we can add to the calendar? What should we change? Of course if you are against money bombs I encourage you to go donate right now, Paul needs the money as soon as he can get it.
I will modify this original post with a calendar as people as people agree on things.
Lets get the wheels in motion!:D

Chowder
05-28-2011, 01:55 AM
I like the idea of a money-bomb calendar. So I can keep track easily instead of running back to the DP.

I do believe that July 4th doesn't seem like a good idea, it's just too soon. People will be saving for vacation and BBQ and families and buying fireworks etc. I rather push it to Ready Ames Fire. But still if that one will go on nevertheless, I'll contribute to it. But really I'm saving for Ready Ames Fire! That one in my opinion will be huge! I'm also looking forward to Ron's Birthday bomb, the Tea Party Bomb and the Constitution bomb, those better be are LARGEST!

Bottom line I just hope too many money-bombs won't stretch us thin.

afwjam
05-28-2011, 01:58 AM
I like the idea of a money-bomb calendar. So I can keep track easily instead of running back to the DP.

I do believe that July 4th doesn't seem like a good idea, it's just too soon. People will be saving for vacation and BBQ and families and buying fireworks etc. I rather push it to Ready Ames Fire. But still if that one will go on nevertheless, I'll contribute to it. But really I'm saving for Ready Ames Fire! That one in my opinion will be huge! I'm also looking forward to Ron's Birthday bomb, the Tea Party Bomb and the Constitution bomb, those better be are LARGEST!

Bottom line I just hope too many money-bombs won't stretch us thin.

Thanks for your input.
I think we can pull off a money bomb a month later after the campaign picks up steam and we have all the new people.
July 4th is for sure overkill and like you said people will be spending money on different things.

realtonygoodwin
05-28-2011, 02:11 AM
What about 5 November?

afwjam
05-28-2011, 02:16 AM
What about 5 November?

That is another one I thought might have been a given.... It might have so much recognition from last time around that we should do one.

XTreat
05-28-2011, 02:48 AM
I thought the NOV 5th would be good too, fuck beck if he thinks its a terrorist holiday or w/e.

Tinnuhana
05-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Would it be interesting to take one of the intermediate dates and have a $1 a piece bomb? Like a frag grenade? Everyone donates $1 and we can see how many donate. People without much, but are on board to support RP, can afford it. If everyone over at C4L heard about it and donated, we still might make half a million. And maybe some good publicity would come of it given the true grassroots angle. This would also generate more interest for a larger "max out" money bomb.

afwjam
05-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Would it be interesting to take one of the intermediate dates and have a $1 a piece bomb? Like a frag grenade? Everyone donates $1 and we can see how many donate. People without much, but are on board to support RP, can afford it. If everyone over at C4L heard about it and donated, we still might make half a million. And maybe some good publicity would come of it given the true grassroots angle. This would also generate more interest for a larger "max out" money bomb.

Frag bomb! I like it!

afwjam
05-28-2011, 04:36 PM
So June 5th is for sure on the calendar since Ron Paul sent out the e-mail today promoting it.
Join the Facebook group started by Justin Woods here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=213293525355907
1,374 and counting.....

ItsTime
05-28-2011, 04:42 PM
I like Ron's birthday one, but I would not tie his age to it. Will give the MSM that extra talking point about his age, which is a turn off to many voters. But I guess they would do that away since the MB would be on his birthday. We need the Aug/Sept ones to be huge for the final push. I like Nov 5th and the Tea Party MB but that money is too late to have a big impact in the early primary states. That was a major problem the grassroots had last election (getting Ron the money too late).

trey4sports
05-28-2011, 04:42 PM
there is already a moneybomb calendar http://www.dailypaul.com/164249/trevor-lyman-email-a-2012-moneybomb-caledar

ItsTime
05-28-2011, 04:43 PM

My only concern about that is credit card fees would kill the donations big time. If they have a 25cent + 2.8% processor you lost 28% of the donation money.

Maybe make it $5/$10.

rp08orbust
05-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I like Ron's birthday one, but I would not tie his age to it. Will give the MSM that extra talking point about his age, which is a turn off to many voters. But I guess they would do that away since the MB would be on his birthday. We need the Aug/Sept ones to be huge for the final push. I like Nov 5th and the Tea Party MB but that money is too late to have a big impact in the early primary states. That was a major problem the grassroots had last election (getting Ron the money too late).

I don't think November was too late, but keep in mind that the caucuses and primaries are a month later this time, unless Florida tries to leapfrog Iowa again and moves everything up.

ItsTime
05-28-2011, 04:45 PM
I don't think November was too late, but keep in mind that the caucuses and primaries are a month later this time, unless Florida tries to leapfrog Iowa again and moves everything up.

Ok I did not know they were a month later this time. Lets hope no leap frogging goes on. But last election it was too late for New Hampshire (remember those awesome ads? ha those were made with money raised before most of the money bombs on a limited budget)

libertybrewcity
05-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Why so many?

http://blog.imiric.name/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/facepalm.gif

MelissaWV
05-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Why so many?

http://blog.imiric.name/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/facepalm.gif

Because if we raise two million in one, we can raise 20 million in ten!!!

What? Is my math... wrong?

ItsTime
05-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Why so many?

So we don't break any records and it makes us look like the movement stalled? But I am no marketing genius.

afwjam
05-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Because if we raise two million in one, we can raise 20 million in ten!!!

What? Is my math... wrong?

Nope, not when you ad all the new supporters. The money bombs are a gimmick now, we lower the importance so more people just donate now. However it will keep the new supporters energized to have a money bomb every month. We need to plan for a vastly different campaign then last time.

MelissaWV
05-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people consider what the term "Money Bomb" is supposed to entail.

afwjam
05-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people consider what the term "Money Bomb" is supposed to entail.

What does it matter what the definition is, its a marketing term. What have the other candidates been calling their fundraisers?
The campaign needs a more even supply of money, this is not to get Ron Paul's name out, it already is out.

afwjam
05-28-2011, 05:20 PM
There is nothing that says that if we all worked together we could not make Ron Paul 10 Million dollars on June 5th.....
I am already accounting for $1200 around me, from 16 individuals. Thats because I have been PROMOTING JUNE 5TH!
As everybody should be doing, we have one week...

sailingaway
05-28-2011, 05:39 PM
We should do what we can but you can't pull $10 million with a week's notice. People were looking at these as maintenance money bombs. What is this about another one on the 19th? I'm not aware of that. And since Ron has sent out an email on the June 5 one, maybe the June 19 one should move.

afwjam
05-28-2011, 05:40 PM
We should do what we can but you can't pull $10 million with a week's notice. People were looking at these as maintenance money bombs. What is this about another one on the 19th? I'm not aware of that. And since Ron has sent out an email on the June 5 one, maybe the June 19 one should move.

July 19th.

MelissaWV
05-28-2011, 05:42 PM

No, it's on July 19th. That gives people a month to recover, get funds from a couple more paychecks, and if they are maxed out it gives them time to recruit a bunch of new folks who also want to donate money. A whole month, sailingaway... and even a few extra days on top of that :p

sailingaway
05-28-2011, 05:43 PM
OK, and that's the Ames one? Because we do need the Ames one.

I am not pleased with Lew R for this, though: http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/05/ron-paul-june-5th-money-bomb-goal-to-beat-romneys-10-million/

ItsTime
05-28-2011, 05:45 PM
OK, and that's the Ames one? Because we do need the Ames one.

I am not pleased with Lew R for this, though: http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/05/ron-paul-june-5th-money-bomb-goal-to-beat-romneys-10-million/

I have a feeling the campaign is working behind the scenes to do phone banking to get their big donors to donate that day. I suggest you max out that day if you can.

LibertyEagle
05-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Nope, not when you ad all the new supporters. The money bombs are a gimmick now, we lower the importance so more people just donate now. However it will keep the new supporters energized to have a money bomb every month. We need to plan for a vastly different campaign then last time.

If you read the letter that came out of Ron's office today, he says 1 dollar now is the same as 5 dollars later. In other words, they need the money now. Ad buys for TV need to be done a lot in advance; not to mention so many other things.

As far as having a whole ton of moneybombs is concerned, that is going to derail most of the momentum that we built last time leading up to the moneybombs. We learned the hard way what that does. It drastically lowers the donations.

afwjam
05-29-2011, 12:30 AM
I made a June 5th money bomb video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzZLjnCj-vA

Paul4Prez
05-29-2011, 11:54 AM
One money bomb per month is about right. Far from watering them down, a regular money bomb schedule should help momentum grow. People here seem to be forgetting that the money bomb on December 16th, 2007 was 50 percent larger (6 million vs. 4 million) than the November 5th, 2007 money bomb that preceded it.

The first money bomb this time on May 5th was modest (1 million) because Ron Paul hadn't yet declared, the official site had just gone up, and there was little time to promote it. Ron Paul has challenged us to make the June 5th money bomb a lot bigger, so let's do it. Obviously the time frame is not ideal, and I think the July money bomb will likely be more even more successful. I would like to see it on July 2nd to the 4th, the whole weekend. It just seems more natural and inspiring than July 19th, but whatever the campaign decides I'm 100% behind.

afwjam
06-05-2011, 10:23 PM
OK! June 5th has been our best money bomb yet for the 2012 campaign! Awesome job!
Just imagine if we pushed harder for it, maybe a month before? It could have been much better!
I think we need to make Ready, Ames, Fire! on July 19th, the next major one that we push.
Attend the Ready, Ames, Fire! Facebook event now! (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221469004546764)

Sentinelrv
06-05-2011, 11:01 PM
I think July 19th might be too late to help Iowa. It's cutting it a little too close in my opinion. That date should be axed and make the Ready Ames Fire money bomb July 4th.

Thomas
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
i think july 19th might be too late to help iowa. It's cutting it a little too close in my opinion. That date should be axed and make the ready ames fire money bomb july 4th.

yes.

Bryan
06-05-2011, 11:21 PM
I think July 19th might be too late to help Iowa. It's cutting it a little too close in my opinion. That date should be axed and make the Ready Ames Fire money bomb July 4th.
I don't think it will matter that much- the campaign needs to project what we will give them and spend accordingly.

Here's my proposal for everything-- it does several things. One, it puts us on a money bomb schedule for once every 6 weeks for now, which I think is the best time frame for early in the campaign.

Come November, things will really pick up, so we can do them once a month then.

This plan also accounts for the very important end of quarter totals and is a mix of money bombs and "fill the quill" efforts, both have a place. The campaign will not want us to hold off for a money bomb that is just after the end of a quarter. It's important to get all in before the end. Don't underestimate this as those FEC numbers get pushed hard in the media.

All money bomb themes should have as broad appeal as possible, to bring in more people. So here is what I have:

June 7 - June 30 -- End of second quarter push
July 19 -- Ready, Ames, Fire money bomb
Aug 30 (approx) -- money bomb ("No More Bailouts" theme suggested)
Sept 15 - Sept 30 -- End of third quarter push
mid Oct (11-17) -- money bomb (theme TBD)
November 11 -- For the Troops money bomb (or 11-5)
December 16 -- Tea Party money bomb
Dec 17 - 31 - End of year push

There's flexibility in this, but the principles are important.

trey4sports
06-05-2011, 11:24 PM
cancel July 4th MB

Sentinelrv
06-05-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't think it will matter that much- the campaign needs to project what we will give them and spend accordingly.

Here's my proposal for everything-- it does several things. One, it puts us on a money bomb schedule for once every 6 weeks for now, which I think is the best time frame for early in the campaign.

This plan also accounts for the very important end of quarter totals and is a mix of money bombs and "fill the quill" efforts, both have a place. The campaign will not want us to hold off for a money bomb that is just after the end of a quarter. It's important to get all in before the end. Don't underestimate this as those FEC numbers get pushed hard in the media.

All money bomb themes should have as broad appeal as possible, to bring in more people. So here is what I have:

Like I said in the other thread, I support your suggestion here. Let me be clear though, June 7-30 isn't a money bomb but just a month long push for higher numbers before the quarter ends? We'll also need to get Trevor on board to eliminate the July 4th date.

Bryan
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I support your suggestion here. Let me be clear though, June 7-30 isn't a money bomb but just a month long push for higher numbers before the quarter ends?
Exactly. This is actually what the campaign did in 2Q07 and 3Q07 anyway. It makes a lot of since as those are FEC deadlines. So really, we'll be anticipating the campaigns moves with this. Also, the need as much money now as possible... an end of quarter push does that.

afwjam
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM

How about:

June 6 - June 30 -- End of second quarter push
Ready, Ames, Fire! July 19th
Ron Paul Birthday bomb August 20th
Constitution day bomb Sep 17-30 end of quarter push
Nov 11th Support Troops and Veterans.(Ron paul is the only veteran.)
Tea party bomb Dec 16th

Chowder
06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
^ This

People will be too busy with vacations, fireworks, family, etc to have much attention for a moneybomb on that day. Please cancel it and give more to Ames.