PDA

View Full Version : Just released video of 2008 Columbia SWAT raid - two dogs killed, people "flash banged"

Anti Federalist
05-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Not for the faint of heart, this video.

I waited a couple hours to upload enough to watch...

Please post any facts or observations, as I cannot readily watch videos where I am.

http://www.keepcolumbiafree.com/wp-content/themes/Minimal/timthumb.php?src=http://www.keepcolumbiafree.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dead-dog.jpg&h=185&w=280&zc=1&q=90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng6mfpZ2kR4&feature=player_embedded

This Is Your War on Drugs

Friday, May 27th, 2011

http://www.theagitator.com/2011/05/27/this-is-your-war-on-drugs-2/

We have another video of a raid by the Columbia Police Department. The action starts at 5:30. There’s more violence. More perfunctory dog killing. (I didn’t hear a single menacing growl, and the dogs were shot while retreating.) There’s more careless tossing of flash grenades. (They threw five, then, bizarrely, two more “to prove that the previous 5 grenades had done no damage.”) This raid, once again, was for marijuana.

I’ve become somewhat inoculated to the outrage in many these stories. I think you probably need to in order to write about this stuff every day. But I was shaking while watching this one. Then I let out a string of profanities. Then I gave my dog a hug.

All of which is why you need to watch it. And help distribute it as far and wide as the Columbia raid video from last year. This isn’t like watching video of a car accident or a natural disaster. This doesn’t have to happen. You’re watching something your government does to your fellow citizens about 150 times per day in this country. If this very literal “drug war” insanity is going to continue to be waged in our name, we ought to make goddamned sure everyone knows exactly what it entails. And this is what it entails. Cops dressed like soldiers breaking into private homes, tossing concussion grenades, training their guns on nonviolent citizens, and slaughtering dogs as a matter of procedure.

More details from the good people at Keep Columbia Free.

http://www.keepcolumbiafree.com/blog/cpd-swat-killed-two-retreating-dogs-in-2008-video/

hazek
05-28-2011, 04:19 AM
That's how terrorism looks like.

Kylie
05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
OH God.

I fucking hate these bastards. That's sick.

I hope they die at the hands of sick fucking criminals, truly sick bastards that will take them apart limb from limb.

God, I'm shaking so bad. Poor fucking dogs. Crying and begging for help. Fucking sick.

Kylie
05-28-2011, 09:30 AM
I hope they're fucking proud of the work they do. Because one day, it's going to get them killed. And when that day happens, I will make the two hour trip to shit on their graves.

awake
05-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Guys, guys don't worry, this stuff only happens in Iraq and Afghanistan. The videos you posted are clearly displaying insurgents that are hiding something.

JK/SEA
05-28-2011, 10:10 AM
One cop says ''this is what happens when you deal dope''....nice house. Looks like a typical family. Not anymore though i'm sure. And all over a plant. Other than that, i have nothing else to say. I'm too pissed.

olehounddog
05-28-2011, 10:33 AM
A sin, a sham, and a shame.

awake
05-28-2011, 11:21 AM
"...The kind of night arrest described is, in fact, a favorite, because
it has important advantages. Everyone living in the apartment
is thrown into a state of terror by the first knock at the door.
The arrested person is torn from the warmth of his bed. He is in
a daze, half-asleep, helpless, and his judgment is befogged. In a
night arrest the State Security men have a superiority in numbers;
there are many of them, armed, against one person who hasn't
even finished buttoning his trousers. During the arrest and search
it is highly improbable that a crowd of potential supporters will
gather at the entrance. The unhurried, step-by-step visits, first to
one apartment, then to another, tomorrow to a third and a fourth,
provide an opportunity for the Security operations personnel to
be deployed with the maximum efficiency and to imprison
many more citizens of a given town than the police force itself
numbers.

In addition, there's an advantage to night arrests in that neither
the people in neighboring apartment houses nor those on the city
streets can see how many have been taken away. Arrests which
frighten the closest neighbors are no event at all to those farther
away. It's as if they had not taken place. Along that same asphalt
ribbon on which the Black Marias scurry at night, a tribe of
youngsters strides by day with banners, flowers, and gay, untroubled
songs."

Gulag Archipelago - Aleksandr L Solzhenitsyn.

acptulsa
05-28-2011, 11:30 AM
We need to get the d, r and g out of it.

This isn't a war on drugs, it's a war on us.

AFPVet
05-28-2011, 12:02 PM
This is terrorism.... The drug war needs to stop. Attacking non violent people for suspicion of possessing drugs which are brought here by rogue agents is terrorism. It's all about making the people slaves for a prison-industrial complex—or knocking out competition.

By using what appear to be reasonable (A Priori Methods), the system sets up a police state grid which makes it easy to weed out the political dissidents.

libertybrewcity
05-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Am I missing where they killed the two dogs? I only see one being locked in a room around 6:50.

flightlesskiwi
05-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Am I missing where they killed the two dogs? I only see one being locked in a room around 6:50.

Cop states at 8:27 "dog's hit, yes." and at 10:03 after the guy tells him the dog won't bite cop replies: "she got shot".

Also, note what is said at 1:48 "if you have to shoot those dogs..."

AFPVet
05-28-2011, 01:55 PM
You have to ask yourself... what kind of person can just shoot a dog like it's nothing. There is a correlation between shooting and torturing animals and sociopaths.

BamaAla
05-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Fuck them and fuck police everywhere.

jct74
05-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Fucking sick. That's some real terrorism right there. If they think you might be selling drugs, they will shoot your dogs to teach you a lesson. It's not about police safety, its about sending a message and meting out punishment without a trial. Officer's statement at 10:05 is very telling. "When you deal dope, and the police have to come to your house, that's what [happens?]".

As pissed off as I am watching this though I am very happy when these type of videos get released. This type of stuff where you actually hear and see what is going on with your own ears and eyes is the best tool to wake people up on this issue. It really grabs people's attention and sticks in their head. So spread this around, and also don't forget the other video of the same Columbia police department slaughtering a different dog in February 2010, which I think is even more disturbing, in that the cries of the dog are much more intense and you can see a child involved and the very emotional reaction of the homeowner when he finds out his dog has been killed. A small amount of marijuana and a pipe were recovered during that raid.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?243098-Video-of-SWAT-shooting-dog-while-kid-looks-on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc

Theocrat
05-28-2011, 02:36 PM
We have been told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate us for our freedoms. We're told that we have to fight the terrorists over there to keep them from committing acts of violence here. Yet, in our own country, our governments attack homes like we see terrorists do in foreign countries, and some Americans rationalize it being "for the safety and security of us all," rather than calling it what it obviously is--terrorism.

And why does the SWAT sweep through households, wreaking havoc like tornadoes through towns? Because of a plant. Innocent citizens are treated like terrorists because we have been led to believe that we are not free to cultivate a green herb from the great God for our own service. If we were attacked on 9/11 for our freedoms, then why are we continually attacked by agencies like SWAT who violate our property rights and deny us the freedom to be responsible with our own bodies? Our government has become the very thing it claims to protect us from.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Yet, in our own country, our governments attack homes like we see terrorists do in foreign countries

Honestly, I think that's giving them too much credit. I don't think terrorists even do this.

heavenlyboy34
05-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Horrifying and disgusting. :( Why go around shooting the place up and recklessly destroying property if they had a warrant (as they claimed)? This looks like the work of a street gang (or terrorists, as mentioned earlier). :mad:

heavenlyboy34
05-28-2011, 02:51 PM
We have been told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate us for our freedoms. We're told that we have to fight the terrorists over there to keep them from committing acts of violence here. Yet, in our own country, our governments attack homes like we see terrorists do in foreign countries, and some Americans rationalize it being "for the safety and security of us all," rather than calling it what it obviously is--terrorism.

And why does the SWAT sweep through households, wreaking havoc like tornadoes through towns? Because of a plant. Innocent citizens are treated like terrorists because we have been led to believe that we are not free to cultivate a green herb from the great God for our own service. If we were attacked on 9/11 for our freedoms, then why are we continually attacked by agencies like SWAT who violate our property rights and deny us the freedom to be responsible with our own bodies? Our government has become the very thing it claims to protect us from.
+rep

Anti Federalist
05-28-2011, 03:16 PM
+rep

Agreed +rep

Anti Federalist
05-28-2011, 11:27 PM
////

ClayTrainor
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM
I can't bring myself to watch this one.... That one pic in the OP makes me want to cry... :(

Wesker1982
05-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Sick but not surprising considering the coercive legal monopoly.

heavenlyboy34
05-28-2011, 11:52 PM
It makes me sad that I know many people who condone this sort of behavior out of respect/reverence for "authoritah". :( It wasn't all that long ago, IIRC, that police as we know them were considered a terrible, unacceptable tyranny.

Dr.3D
05-28-2011, 11:56 PM
I can't bring myself to watch this one.... That one pic in the OP makes me want to cry... :(

I can't either, my cup is full.

Anti Federalist
05-28-2011, 11:59 PM
I can't either, my cup is full.

Which is why I'm careful about posting...

You don't want to know how many of these stories I see each day...

Me? It's just burning me up from the inside out and will probably kill me before much longer.

Dr.3D
05-29-2011, 12:02 AM

Me? It's just burning me up from the inside out and will probably kill me before much longer.

Do you suppose this is just practice for when they decide to cull the herd?

Edit: Or is the proper term, 'flock'?

heavenlyboy34
05-29-2011, 12:03 AM

Take care, brother. Listen to the jazz thread once in a while and bring your blood pressure down. I have to do that kind of thing myself sometimes.

heavenlyboy34
05-29-2011, 12:07 AM

Don't mean to hijack your convo, but IMHO, this kind of thing is just SOP for sadists in blue. They have much heavier artillery for when they need to cull the herd. From what I've read, police departments have a dangerously close relationship with the defense industry-which is why they more and more resemble standing armies more than Barney Fife and Andy Griffith.

Anti Federalist
05-29-2011, 12:11 AM

Warning warning warning - Unproved conspiracy theories about to be discussed.

Those with weak constitutions should leave the post now.

Yes, Dr. that is exactly what I think they are gearing this up for.

They are "tough talking" and chest beating to get worked up to carry out an, as of yet unknown, "final solution" of some sort.

It is always bad when those with all the guns and power get to the point where they regard those "below them" as sub human bugs or savages.

Let a false flag nuke, or God help us all, a biological event, go off, and we will be well and truly fucked.

Dr.3D
05-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Don't mean to hijack your convo, but IMHO, this kind of thing is just SOP for sadists in blue. They have much heavier artillery for when they need to cull the herd. From what I've read, police departments have a dangerously close relationship with the defense industry-which is why they more and more resemble standing armies more than Barney Fife and Andy Griffith.

Well, all of this brought to mind something I read while studying the history of Native American tribal warfare. From what I understand, it was common practice for the invading tribe to kill the dogs first so as to minimize the alarm factor and allow greater surprise in the attack.

Anti Federalist
05-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Take care, brother. Listen to the jazz thread once in a while and bring your blood pressure down. I have to do that kind of thing myself sometimes.

Imma go pop "Trading Places" into the DVD player and retire for the night.

Thanks man!

GunnyFreedom
05-29-2011, 12:17 AM
If it helps, I am actually winning Republican colleagues on the "police as a standing army" argument, but they are still afraid to buck the police lobbies.

heavenlyboy34
05-29-2011, 12:22 AM
If it helps, I am actually winning Republican colleagues on the "police as a standing army" argument, but they are still afraid to buck the police lobbies.

Godspeed, Gunny! :D End the police occupation/reign of terror!

heavenlyboy34
05-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Well, all of this brought to mind something I read while studying the history of Native American tribal warfare. From what I understand, it was common practice for the invading tribe to kill the dogs first so as to minimize the alarm factor and allow greater surprise in the attack.

Interesting. Out of curiosity, does your local P.D. have a tank like Sheriff Joe's does?

Dr.3D
05-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Interesting. Out of curiosity, does your local P.D. have a tank like Sheriff Joe's does?

Na, I live near a one traffic light town and the light is only flashing yellow for the through road most of the time. They tried to get a helicopter once but I understand the Chief got busted for it and replaced. There are two cop cars, and in the evening/night, only one cop on duty. Nothing much ever happens around these parts. Most of my neighbors own firearms so this is a relatively crime free area.