PDA

View Full Version : I need help with making a 4X8 sign

Morerockin
05-27-2011, 08:48 PM
All, I am trying to make my own custom 40X96 inch sign (not really a 4X8). Does anyone know where I can get a stencil for Ron Paul rEVOLution or something similar. How about someone who makes custom stencils?

I have tried using a 4X8 piece of Styrofoam from Lowes to make a stencil but I am epic failing in doing so. I'm to the point where I'd rather buy a stencil.

Please help!

Dave.Generic
05-28-2011, 07:40 AM
I made my own stencil....using ordinary poster board which will not handle alot of abuse, but it is easy to cut and easy to replicate by tracing out the letters on a couple new pieces taped together to accomodate the size you are wanting, as they wear out. It is best to make all your stencils at once, because after the paint dries the poster board tends to not lie flat, but you can use double-sided tape to encourage it to do so. Of course I am an artist .....but I have see pretty simular stencils available at arts and craft stores. Another easy way would be if you had access to an overhead projector, like they use in schools, you can probably obtain use of one at your public library which should also attract some conversation about Ron Paul!!! I hope this helps, I like you could not wait after Ron Paul made his announcement to run for president, to get started supporting his Campaign! Its now or never! God Save our Republic!!! Peace.

Eric21ND
05-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I need a 4X8 sign for my balcony!

UtahApocalypse
05-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Here is the thread on how I made the stencil, and the signs. I am sure I can make the stencil image available. I bought 1/4 thick fowm board at Hobby Lobby and cut it carefully using Exacto knife. It has held up great for once painted on.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?291566-Creating-a-Ron-Paul-Sign-Images-Inside

Morerockin
05-30-2011, 06:48 PM
I bought a projector online for 130 bux and have started cutting the stencil out of the styrofoam and let me tell you, it's been a pain in the ass! Do NOT use styrofoam!!

thehighwaymanq
07-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I am trying to do this own my own, but does anybody have a stencil they used, or one they can make for me, and I will pay for materials and shipping?

BUMP

Tarzan
07-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Professionally made banners starting under $50... moved here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?305935-Professionally-Made-Ron-Paul-Banners-from-less-than-50