PDA

View Full Version : College Campuses?

WJU4RP
10-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi, I'm new here, so forgive me if this has already been done!

I go to Wheeling Jesuit University. College campuses should be a logical place for political organizing - especially for Ron Paul's campaign. However, we're in such a contained campus that it would be hard to go around posting flyers without them being taken down (at WJU, all posters have to be approved by student development). I have a slim jim taped to my door, and a stack for people to look at, and a bumper sticker on the car, but what more can I do?

vegetarianrpfan
10-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Are you allowed to put signs in your window?

---------------------
Sorority Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ

WJU4RP
10-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Probably, but my roommate isn't a big fan (I'm working on that ;)). Being on the third floor doesn't help either. But yeah, it's probably doable.

WJU4RP
10-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Another thing I'm doing is, seeing as how some people I know don't like saving their change, if they come into the room, I have a cup sitting out that they can throw it in saying what it's for. Another benefit is that I can get the converts I know to pitch in without feeling broke. I'm hoping to get at least 10 bucks before the 11th.

Primbs
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Can you set up a table with a laptop and run youtube videos?

or set up a table with the new Ron Paul twelve page brochure.

Psyclone
10-28-2007, 07:55 PM
There are several things you can do that won't run you afoul of campus authorities. One that is good for name recognition is just to have a sign waving at the biggest intersection in town, or, if your campus has a Free Speech Zone, get a big Ron Paul sign, stand near it, and pass out literature to those who pass. Also, you can have a pizza party, the purpose of which is to tell people about Ron Paul. Advertise around campus for the event saying prominently that it will feature free food, then show a couple of really good YouTube videos that hit the issues that college students are interested in, and then maybe give a speech yourself. I'm the Iowa campus organizer, and we are encouraging our student groups to do all of these things.

surf
10-28-2007, 09:15 PM
chalking the sidewalks

brandon
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
chalking the sidewalks

+1

argounova
10-28-2007, 10:41 PM
i make signs with spray paint and ziptie them around campus in the dark of the night. then everyone is abuzz with "who is ron paul?" the next morning. of course then you wear something like a pin or a teeshirt that says "RON PAUL" and people will ask you. thats when you give them a slim jim and discuss an issue if you have time (ASK THEM WHAT ISSUE IS IMPORTANT TO THEM, then give them dr. paul's stance)

austin356
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Find half a dozen supporters and start an official student organization. You should then have much more room to work in.

RPTXState
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Find half a dozen supporters and start an official student organization. You should then have much more room to work in.

+1

rodent
10-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi, I'm new here, so forgive me if this has already been done!

I go to Wheeling Jesuit University. College campuses should be a logical place for political organizing - especially for Ron Paul's campaign. However, we're in such a contained campus that it would be hard to go around posting flyers without them being taken down (at WJU, all posters have to be approved by student development). I have a slim jim taped to my door, and a stack for people to look at, and a bumper sticker on the car, but what more can I do?

- Stand in front of cafeteria lines, hand out fliers
- Use facebook
- Use campus radio/tv/inside networks
- Create student group through whatever facilities your school offers
- Get bands supportive of Ron Paul and have a happy hour fundraiser at a local place

James R
10-29-2007, 01:02 AM

Sounds like a good idea. I but that a sign-up booth would be allowed by the school. Usually they are very generous on who they allow to have booths.