PDA

View Full Version : Gallup: Young Adults In The U.S. Think Gays Are 30% of Population

Zatch
05-27-2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhh8gEsl2CU

jmdrake
05-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Gaydar gone wild.

Standing Like A Rock
05-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I would say less than 5%. And probably like 2% really.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Gaydar gone wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5posU08HjXg

ItsTime
05-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Glee is not making everyone gay, just making everyone think everyone is gay. /joke.

NewRightLibertarian
05-27-2011, 12:59 PM
I think there's more homosexuality afoot than anyone realizes, and most people do it without ever owning up to it.

teacherone
05-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I think there's more homosexuality afoot than anyone realizes, and most people do it without ever owning up to it.

one in three?

ItsTime
05-27-2011, 01:03 PM
one in three?

4/1! They are EVERYWHERE!

specsaregood
05-27-2011, 01:05 PM
one in three?

Maybe amongst their generation, perhaps they are in a better position to know than us?

Danke
05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I think there's more homosexuality afoot than anyone realizes, and most people do it without ever owning up to it.:eek:;):collins:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7400000/Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

Danke
05-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Poll: 73 Percent Of Americans Unable To Believe This Shit

OCTOBER 7, 1998 | ISSUE 43•27 ISSUE 34•10

PRINCETON, NJ–According to the latest Gallup Poll, conducted Monday and Tuesday of this week, nearly three out of four Americans can no longer believe this shit.

In addition to the 73 percent of poll respondents who described this shit as "beyond belief," 9 percent said they could "hardly" believe this shit, with another 5 percent "just barely" believing it. An additional 13 percent said they "couldn't give a flying fuck about the whole goddamn thing."

The poll also found that the National Shit-Credulity Index (NSCI) has hit an all-time low, with only 2 percent of Americans describing themselves as "fully confident of [their] capacity to believe this shit."

"The American people have had to deal with this kind of shit for years," Gallup Organization president Lee Sanderson said, "but now, for the first time, it appears that the vast majority of them just can't fucking believe it anymore."

"In all honesty, who can blame them?" Sanderson added. "Regardless of one's political affiliation, socioeconomic status, religion or just about any other viewpoint, you've got to admit, the shit that's been going on lately is way out of hand."

In the wake of the poll, many activists are calling upon America's leaders to get their shit in gear.

"The American people have had it up to here with this shitheap," said James Schuerholz, president of the D.C.-based Heritage Foundation. "There is a public mandate for our leaders to cut this shit out, and it's high time they finally did."

Despite Americans' incredulity over this shit, historians note that this sort of shit has been going on for years and is unlikely to end anytime soon.

"Contrary to popular belief, this type of shit is hardly anything new," Harvard University American history professor Lawrence Coombs said. "The same shit was going down 50, 100 and 150 years ago. The only difference was, back then, you never read about that shit in the newspapers."

Calling the American people's enormous shit-belief capacity "one of the cornerstones of our democracy," U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) stressed that it is the patriotic duty of all citizens to grant our leaders the benefit of the doubt with regard to their shit.

"If the American people are no longer willing to believe this shit, who will?" Kerry said. "Somebody's got to take this shit at face value. Otherwise, why are we even doing all this shit in the first place? I am truly saddened by the lack of faith that the citizens of this country are willing to put in my shit, as well as that of my esteemed colleagues. We must repair our society's fraying trust in the shit of our elected officials, or you would not believe the kind of hardcore, heavy-duty shit that will come down."

"America," conservative author and social critic Patricia Stouffer said, "is seriously losing its shit. But we've got to somehow hold our shit in place until all this passes. We've got to learn to believe in shit again. After this latest shitstorm, it may take years to accomplish, but we must somehow find the strength to put our trust back into the nation's shit."

Despite such impassioned calls for faith in the U.S. political system and all the shit that comes with it, if the Gallup Poll is any indication, the majority of Americans are no longer willing to put up with the shit.

"Fuck that shit," said Evansville, IN, day-care provider Helen Reiderer. "I'm tired of hearing about it. Do they actually expect us to still believe that load of shit?"

"If you ask me, the shit is about to hit the fan," said Reiderer's husband Frank. "As far as I'm concerned, all that shit is just too much to be believed."

Another disgruntled citizen, Wenatchee, WA, tractor salesman Tom Huard, summed up the sentiments of most Americans when, holding up the front page of the local newspaper to friend Benjamin Pritchard, he said, "Jesus, Ben, can you believe this?"

"Shit, no," Pritchard replied.

Rothbardian Girl
05-27-2011, 01:10 PM

I definitely agree with this. There may not be many "out" people, but I think a significant percentage of the population is latently homosexual. I think it has been that way throughout history as well.

PaulConventionWV
05-27-2011, 01:11 PM

If the question is only pertaining to those who identify as gay, then I would guess 5%. It is still relatively low, but we have been brainwashed to think it is one of the most important groups in our current culture, leading one of the most politically correct bullshit movements in the 21st century that takes the Civil Rights Movement way out of context.

TheNcredibleEgg
05-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Perhaps respondents are including slang gay.

For example, hell, I think all the Neocons are gay.

So, what, that's 90% of the population?

pcosmar
05-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe amongst their generation, perhaps they are in a better position to know than us?

Well that would depend on where they live I guess. But I suspect it has more to do with their education versus reality and life experience.

How much "diversity training" are they being subjected to? I suspect that skews opinions more than actual reality.

jmdrake
05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Poll: 73 Percent Of Americans Unable To Believe This Shit

OCTOBER 7, 1998 | ISSUE 43•27 ISSUE 34•10

PRINCETON, NJ–According to the latest Gallup Poll, conducted Monday and Tuesday of this week, nearly three out of four Americans can no longer believe this shit.

In addition to the 73 percent of poll respondents who described this shit as "beyond belief," 9 percent said they could "hardly" believe this shit, with another 5 percent "just barely" believing it. An additional 13 percent said they "couldn't give a flying fuck about the whole goddamn thing."

The poll also found that the National Shit-Credulity Index (NSCI) has hit an all-time low, with only 2 percent of Americans describing themselves as "fully confident of [their] capacity to believe this shit."

"The American people have had to deal with this kind of shit for years," Gallup Organization president Lee Sanderson said, "but now, for the first time, it appears that the vast majority of them just can't fucking believe it anymore."

"In all honesty, who can blame them?" Sanderson added. "Regardless of one's political affiliation, socioeconomic status, religion or just about any other viewpoint, you've got to admit, the shit that's been going on lately is way out of hand."

In the wake of the poll, many activists are calling upon America's leaders to get their shit in gear.

"The American people have had it up to here with this shitheap," said James Schuerholz, president of the D.C.-based Heritage Foundation. "There is a public mandate for our leaders to cut this shit out, and it's high time they finally did."

Despite Americans' incredulity over this shit, historians note that this sort of shit has been going on for years and is unlikely to end anytime soon.

"Contrary to popular belief, this type of shit is hardly anything new," Harvard University American history professor Lawrence Coombs said. "The same shit was going down 50, 100 and 150 years ago. The only difference was, back then, you never read about that shit in the newspapers."

Calling the American people's enormous shit-belief capacity "one of the cornerstones of our democracy," U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) stressed that it is the patriotic duty of all citizens to grant our leaders the benefit of the doubt with regard to their shit.

"If the American people are no longer willing to believe this shit, who will?" Kerry said. "Somebody's got to take this shit at face value. Otherwise, why are we even doing all this shit in the first place? I am truly saddened by the lack of faith that the citizens of this country are willing to put in my shit, as well as that of my esteemed colleagues. We must repair our society's fraying trust in the shit of our elected officials, or you would not believe the kind of hardcore, heavy-duty shit that will come down."

"America," conservative author and social critic Patricia Stouffer said, "is seriously losing its shit. But we've got to somehow hold our shit in place until all this passes. We've got to learn to believe in shit again. After this latest shitstorm, it may take years to accomplish, but we must somehow find the strength to put our trust back into the nation's shit."

Despite such impassioned calls for faith in the U.S. political system and all the shit that comes with it, if the Gallup Poll is any indication, the majority of Americans are no longer willing to put up with the shit.

"Fuck that shit," said Evansville, IN, day-care provider Helen Reiderer. "I'm tired of hearing about it. Do they actually expect us to still believe that load of shit?"

"If you ask me, the shit is about to hit the fan," said Reiderer's husband Frank. "As far as I'm concerned, all that shit is just too much to be believed."

Another disgruntled citizen, Wenatchee, WA, tractor salesman Tom Huard, summed up the sentiments of most Americans when, holding up the front page of the local newspaper to friend Benjamin Pritchard, he said, "Jesus, Ben, can you believe this?"

"Shit, no," Pritchard replied.

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
for some reason i always believed is 1/10

jmdrake
05-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Well that would depend on where they live I guess. But I suspect it has more to do with their education versus reality and life experience.

How much "diversity training" are they being subjected to? I suspect that skews opinions more than actual reality.

This. Plus there are people who've been led into thinking they were gay or bi only to find out later they really weren't. (Drew Barrymore immediately comes to mind). Some of that "You can't really know that you don't like it unless you try it" nonsense. I had a relative who told me once he was gay. I said "So you're only attracted to men now?" He said "No. I can just as easily fall for a man or a woman." I'm like "That doesn't mean you're gay. It means you're bi." Really he was all immersed in the lifestyle and had no idea what he really was.

Pericles
05-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm guessing that this poll was taken in San Francisco.

NewRightLibertarian
05-27-2011, 01:27 PM
If the question is only pertaining to those who identify as gay, then I would guess 5%. It is still relatively low, but we have been brainwashed to think it is one of the most important groups in our current culture, leading one of the most politically correct bullshit movements in the 21st century that takes the Civil Rights Movement way out of context.

The global elite promote homosexuality in order to induct people into their depraved system. Homosexuals see this promotion and feel that it is tolerance and in turn support the global elite. I got nothing against homosexual behavior, and I believe gays should be able to marry and adopt. But the elite promotes homosexuality and uses it as a weapon against the minds of free thinking people in order to corrupt them, and I oppose their sinister agenda with every fiber of my being.

ChaosControl
05-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Its more like 1-4%

brandon
05-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Wow...the average person really has no fucking concept of anything. There's no way it can be more than 2-3%. The questions doesn't even include bisexual, which I'm sure makes up a bigger percentage than gay and lesbian.

Sola_Fide
05-27-2011, 01:37 PM
It is funny to me to see how the gay movement in this country has been so flamboyantly overrepresented in every sphere of life. Most sheep buy into the gay propagandists. The sheep watch TV and see gays overrepresented and think they must be abundant everywhere.

It goes back to the humanistic Greeks, who were enamoured with all kinds of sexual abnormality. Socrates for example, extolled the virtues of pedophilia. The Greeks were also obsessed with hermaphrodites. In the old bath houses, hermaphroditic prostitutes were very sought after.

The further America slides spiritually, the more we will see the fascination and obsession with all forms of sexual abnormality.

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
There's no way it can be more than 2-3%.

I disagree here. It's at least 4%.

:p

Wow...the average person really has no fucking concept of anything.

I wouldn't be so sure especially considering that being gay in the open is something that was penalized for thousands of years.

ronpaulitician
05-27-2011, 01:40 PM
10%

(11% if we include closeted GOP politicians)

Brian4Liberty
05-27-2011, 01:48 PM
for some reason i always believed is 1/10

10% is my guess too.

I'm guessing that this poll was taken in San Francisco.

I'm in the SF Bay Area. The interesting thing is that when people come here, they expect everyone to be gay. What they don't realize that there is a "gay" district (Castro) in SF that is mostly gay. That's it. The "gay" expectation doesn't even apply to all of SF, let alone surrounding communities. The percent of openly gay people may be higher than the Midwest, but all in all, not terribly different.

In popular society and media, there is an over-representation due to the desire to not leave anyone out. In movies and TV, they do portray a higher percentage than reality. And how can we forget the very popular trend for females to be bi or gay...

ravedown
05-27-2011, 01:50 PM
this is the news generating a news story...its complete bullshit to get people talking. its junk science...any radio or tv station mentioning this fake poll is crap.

Xenophage
05-27-2011, 01:54 PM
REAL gay people, or just fashionably gay people? I think REAL gay people constitute about 2% of the populace.

Depressed Liberator
05-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Question:

WHO THE FUCK CARES? Let people choose their sexual orientation however they want. God damn.

brandon
05-27-2011, 01:58 PM
According to this study done this year: 1.7% are gay or lesbian.
http://gaylife.about.com/od/comingout/a/population.htm

fisharmor
05-27-2011, 02:23 PM
In movies and TV, they do portray a higher percentage than reality.
You mean not every female on earth is svelte and gorgeous?
Does this mean that high schoolers don't drive their convertibles to school around noon time, only to eat lunch, sit in one ten minute class, and then go home?
Come to think of it, I have several guns, and they don't audibly click every single time I point one at something.
And hey - even the wealthy people I know don't have living rooms as big as Roseanne's was, and she was supposed to be poor.

Huh. TV lies. Who would have thought.

PaulConventionWV
05-27-2011, 03:09 PM
You mean not every female on earth is svelte and gorgeous?
Does this mean that high schoolers don't drive their convertibles to school around noon time, only to eat lunch, sit in one ten minute class, and then go home?
Come to think of it, I have several guns, and they don't audibly click every single time I point one at something.
And hey - even the wealthy people I know don't have living rooms as big as Roseanne's was, and she was supposed to be poor.

It's all part of the propaganda machine.

AndrewD
05-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Those 5% or whatever sure cause a lot of headache for the rest of us.

ronpaulitician
05-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Those 5% or whatever sure cause a lot of headache for the rest of us.
True, them gays do cause a lot of headache to us bigots. Why can't they just be abnormal like the rest of us.

Brian4Liberty
05-27-2011, 06:34 PM

And Jack Bauer will save the world from imminent destruction by torturing and killing people. Yes, nothing but pure fantasy, except for the fact that many politicians, pundits, and couch potatoes refer to it as if it were reality.

JCLibertarian
05-27-2011, 06:46 PM
The global elite promote homosexuality in order to induct people into their depraved system. Homosexuals see this promotion and feel that it is tolerance and in turn support the global elite. I got nothing against homosexual behavior, and I believe gays should be able to marry and adopt. But the elite promotes homosexuality and uses it as a weapon against the minds of free thinking people in order to corrupt them, and I oppose their sinister agenda with every fiber of my being.

How does homosexuality help the "global system", what is the "global system" and who the fuck runs it?

I disagree, I don't think there is anything sinister or objectively immoral about sticking it in a different hole for personal stimulation. Different people have different kicks is all. Besides, I think sex is still taken far too seriously in this society, and putting it up on an altar as the most intimate and sacred act between people is what leads to a lot of problems in human relations, particularly between the sexes.

brandon
05-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I asked my girlfriend at dinner tonight and she said 40% :eek:

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 06:56 PM
I asked my girlfriend at dinner tonight and she said 40% :eek:

LOL!

She has.... "no fucking concept of anything!"

/kidding

brandon
05-27-2011, 06:57 PM
LOL!

She has.... "no fucking concept of anything!"

/kidding

Dinner didn't go so well. ;)

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Dinner didn't go so well. ;)

Did you point your finger at 5 random strangers and say "Do you really think two of them are gays?"

brandon
05-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Did you point your finger at 5 random strangers and say "Do you really think two of them are gays"?

There were about 20 people at the restaurant and I asked her if she thought 8 of them were gay. (the bus boy did seem very feminine, but no one else seemed obviously gay)

Anyway, I never know when to shut my mouth and got her a bit pissed. lol.

affa
05-27-2011, 07:04 PM
who cares?

seriously? who cares what people think about this issue, and who cares what the actual percent is. people are people and it's none of our freakin' business what they want to do with who, anymore than you want some stranger up in your business.

Vessol
its the gay agenda!

gays are going to take over the world and theres gonna be no more hetrosexual banging!

low preference guy
Anyway, I never know when to shut my mouth and got her a bit pissed. lol.

Haha. Some of us appreciate that, but even I would've just smiled and nodded (although my "you're saying something stupid" smile could've gotten me in trouble anyway).

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 07:06 PM
its the gay agenda!

gays are going to take over the world and theres gonna be no more hetrosexual banging!

You know something? The union between a man and a woman is essential for procreation. The logical consequence of the acceptance of homosexuality is the elimination of ours species. This. is. serious.

Vessol
05-27-2011, 07:11 PM
You know something? The union between a man and a woman is essential for procreation. The logical consequence of the acceptance of homosexuality is the elimination of ours species. This. is. serious.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/077/630/serious-business.jpg?1287187612

So please logically explain to me how accepting that men and women have been sexually attracted to those of their same gender throughout history, is somehow going to kill off all humans.

MelissaWV
05-27-2011, 07:12 PM

I'm already not going to procreate. There are a lot of infertile women to start with in this country.

Of course, "our species" is just thriving in certain third world countries, so I wouldn't worry about a global wipeout of humanity yet :p

Plus homosexual couples have fertility and adoption options that will keep the species going regardless. There will always be oodles of babies, even if one has to deisgn them oneself.

As for the OP, it's likely in how the question is asked. It's a totally bullshit question that none of these people are really qualified to answer. Many folks keep their sexuality under wraps, or aren't even sure about it when they are "young adults." I think there are a lot of people that are a bit curious, but 30% of the general population being homosexual? Not even close to likely.

nolvorite
05-27-2011, 07:14 PM
well, its not out in the open yet, its in the apartments only.

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Come on guys, when I say something so obviously stupid, I'm not actually arguing for that position.

MelissaWV
05-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Come on guys, when I say something so obviously stupid, I'm not actually arguing for that position.

I know that and you know that, but couldn't you have played along a little longer? :(

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 07:17 PM
I know that and you know that, but couldn't you have played along a little longer? :(

Next time.

Vessol
05-27-2011, 07:17 PM

Aw, and I had to spend a minute looking for that image too!

Guess my trolldar is not functioning right, but honestly you don't know with some of the people around here.

123tim
05-27-2011, 07:45 PM
I'd be interested in knowing what the percentage of Gay/Lesbian representation is in current television programming..... betcha it's around 30%.

T.V. programming is where most of the people (that I know) get their world view.

emazur
05-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Calling someone gay or a *** is also the go-to insult that probably 31% of high school males use. When asked by the questionnaire, 31% probably responded "What's it to ya, ******?"

Invi
05-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Hm. Before I transferred, I was one of 36 employees on a team. 7 of them were gay/bi, including the one I knew to be in the closet. Could be a higher number. If I were to go solely from that sampling, that's 19.4% Still a ways off from 30. My coworkers, however, aren't really a huge group and I wouldn't think that be be an accurate estimate for the population as a whole. I do think, if you include bisexuals and those not out of the closet, that the number is over 5%, for sure.
If I had to estimate from the people I know, personally, I'd guess around 10%. 15% might be pushing it, but who knows.

123tim
05-27-2011, 08:02 PM
One thing that I have noticed as being on the rise is the number of effeminate men.
I'm sure that a lot of these men are perceived to be gay even when they are not.

BamaAla
05-27-2011, 08:13 PM
That's what happens when the token black is replaced by the token gay...

sorianofan
05-27-2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhh8gEsl2CU
I mean, I know our society is retrogressing back to Ancient Greece; but let's get real. Gays are about 2% of the population, there have been many studies on this. Liberal schools and stupifying television have been shoving more than one thing down Americans' throats...

Carehn
05-27-2011, 08:31 PM
10%

Carehn
05-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Calling someone gay or a *** is also the go-to insult that probably 31% of high school males use. When asked by the questionnaire, 31% probably responded "What's it to ya, ******?"

You're Right!!!

AuH20
05-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Homosexuality has gradually morphed into a lifestyle as opposed to a genetic predisposition. The TPTB love pushing this effeminate, style over substance commercially-based movement because it makes for more compliant slaves.

AuH20
05-27-2011, 09:12 PM
It is funny to me to see how the gay movement in this country has been so flamboyantly overrepresented in every sphere of life. Most sheep buy into the gay propagandists. The sheep watch TV and see gays overrepresented and think they must be abundant everywhere.

It goes back to the humanistic Greeks, who were enamoured with all kinds of sexual abnormality. Socrates for example, extolled the virtues of pedophilia. The Greeks were also obsessed with hermaphrodites. In the old bath houses, hermaphroditic prostitutes were very sought after.

The further America slides spiritually, the more we will see the fascination and obsession with all forms of sexual abnormality.

the more depraved a society is, the more laws it is constrained by. Self-regulation is a foreign term.

doodle
05-27-2011, 09:15 PM
In other news, 70% of aged Americans believed that 80% of Iraqis had WMDs.

So how is "arithmetic mean" determined and what %age of "young adults" believe this number lol How many of these people ate fast food regularly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OruQy-X32O0

Carehn
05-27-2011, 09:20 PM
In other news, 70% of aged Americans believed that 80% of Iraqis had WMDs.

So how is "arithmetic mean" determined and what %age of "young adults" believe this number lol How many of these people ate fast food regularly?

This is the most wonderful thing. Im so happy right now!

jkr
05-27-2011, 09:37 PM
but they cant breed...maybe they are vampires!

iGGz
05-27-2011, 10:33 PM

Wow, I like

TheBlackPeterSchiff
05-27-2011, 10:48 PM
:eek:;):collins:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7400000/Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

lmao

R3volutionJedi
05-27-2011, 10:55 PM
I'd say 2%

BUSHLIED
05-27-2011, 11:11 PM
To get technical I think there are homosexual orientations and homosexual acts. So one may be oriented towards homosexuality such that it is there identity and lifestyle while the other person may not identify as homosexual, marry, but yet also engaged in a homosexual relationship or simply occasional homosexual sex. Further, there are effeminate males that are not gay just as there are masculine men that are gay. So, as culture has shifted, men are less inclined to act in stereotypical ways and therefore be perceived by others as gay when in fact they are not. In the end, to be gay, means to be emotionally attracted to the opposite sex..sexual behavior is not the main criteria, so in that case, I think the percentages are lower, but if you include by definition engaging homosexual sex, then the percentages would certainly be much higher and the 30% sounds about right...in the end, I think this is rather irrelevant but because of the moral cultural landscape dominated by religion, this is issue is inflated and creates an unneeded distraction in political affairs..essentially it becomes a wedge issue that is perpetuated by religious identities. I mean you don't see gays making a big deal about heterosexism...but rather the dominant heterosexual culture making a bigger deal of it...that's my two-cents

MaxPower
05-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Baffling; if the average young adult estimates that 30% are gay, there must be quite a few saying that significantly more than 30% (half? more than half?) are.

I believe the real number is probably more along the lines of 3% than 30%, though it could hinge on how one defines the term; if we include not only those who identify themselves as homosexuals and/or are exclusively homosexual in terms of behavior, but rather anyone who ever engages in homosexual activity, then the figure would no doubt increase by a few percent.