PDA

View Full Version : Ex Marine shot 60 times in his own home over a "drug raid" -- no drugs found

DrRP08
05-27-2011, 11:37 AM
He awoke to hear his wife screaming about men with guns outside. When they broke down the door, he grabbed his m16 and met them at the end of a long hall where he raised his weapon, safety on. At this point the story splits off. The police at the time said he threatened them and fired upon them - which is why they fired 71 rounds hitting him over 60 times However his gun was not fired and the safety was still on. His wife and kid were hiding from the commotion in a closet. They police acted under the impression that he fired and was dangerous until the gun was inspected much later.

After the firefight - the Police hid outside holding the paramedics back for over an hour and only after sending a robot in to see if the coast was clear. Which is a point of contention because the wife said he was alive for a long while. Guy was 26 - served 2 tours in Iraq, and there was no marijuana in the house. They originally said he was suspected as being "involved" in marijuana - which was changed to home invasions after the warrant was sealed by a judge 4 days later.

He had a four year old daughter and worked the graveyard shift at a mine. Tons of articles. Here is a quote from one.

On this fateful day of 5 May, 2011, Jose had worked the graveyard shift at Asarco Mission mine. When everything went mad, about 9:30 a.m., this sleeping father only had time to hide his family. Based on what his wife told him, he only knew at first that he had 'men with guns' in his house. Thank God his wife and little son survived.

The police said he fired at them, then Deputy Erin Gibson with the Pima Sheriff's Department said, "Guerena did have a gun in his hand and pointed it at the officers, but he did not fire it." The police said he was a drug dealer, but they sealed the search warrant. In fact they found no evidence of drugs in his home. Then they changed their story again, and said he was a suspect in home invasion robberies. Arizona's Pima County clearly needs federal intervention.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/jose-guerena-arizona-_n_867020.html

http://www.kold.com/story/14681999/both-sides-in-swat-shooting-case-come-out-swinging

..and people still support the "War on Drugs"

fisharmor
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Arizona's Pima County clearly needs federal intervention.
Because the answer to government fucking things up is always more government.

Federal intervention created the war on drugs that they were waging here.
Federal intervention militarized these thugs.
Federal intervention recently eviscerated the 4th amendment, guaranteeing that this will be commonplace in the near future.

The elephant in the room won't stop shitting on the furniture. When will people acknowledge it?

sirgonzo420
05-27-2011, 12:08 PM
[/I]Because the answer to government fucking things up is always more government.

Federal intervention created the war on drugs that they were waging here.
Federal intervention militarized these thugs.
Federal intervention recently eviscerated the 4th amendment, guaranteeing that this will be commonplace in the near future.

The elephant in the room won't stop shitting on the furniture. When will people acknowledge it?

Exactly.

guitarlifter
05-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Holy titty-fucking shit. I know I'm likely wrong with this statement, but there's no way that the police an get away with this! An innocent man gets shot to death? Every one of those policemen should not only lose their jobs, but be tried and be convicted murderers! God, I hate the government!

acptulsa
05-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Now this death will be used to pad statistics 'proving' marijuana = violence and death.

eOs
05-27-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1X7Yojaaig

AFPVet
05-27-2011, 12:32 PM
CNN is finally covering this. They said that the team fired 71 times with 22 of those actual hits. It looks like CNN is taking the side of the victims—so that's good.

JK/SEA
05-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Sooo, let me get this straight, ''makes eye contact, then raises his weapon...at these officers''...too bad he can't refute that now, or explain his side, because ''these officers'' had NO FUCKING EVIDENCE to begin with that he was involved in the allegations. I thought police were supposed to do their homework, or was this just another crap shoot?....literally.

Murder, plain and simple. Let the madness begin.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-27-2011, 05:35 PM
CNN and Fox are both covering this today. I don't know what citizens are supposed to do now. Just lay down with your hands behind your head when someone busts into your house "by mistake", and hope they really are the cops. :rolleyes:

DrRP08
05-27-2011, 08:45 PM
CNN and Fox are both covering this today. I don't know what citizens are supposed to do now. Just lay down with your hands behind your head when someone busts into your house "by mistake", and hope they really are the cops. :rolleyes:

Amen. This story is absolutely horrifying.

AFPVet
05-27-2011, 09:01 PM
The worst problem here is that no one is held accountable anymore. Corruption is not targeted anymore. Yes... there are some good Sheriff's and Police Chiefs/Town Marshall's; however, many of them get tangled up in the crap.

I am encouraging people to run for Sheriff. If good people get into this high power position, we can make change.

heavenlyboy34
05-27-2011, 09:33 PM
The worst problem here is that no one is held accountable anymore. Corruption is not targeted anymore. Yes... there are some good Sheriff's and Police Chiefs/Town Marshall's; however, many of them get tangled up in the crap.

I am encouraging people to run for Sheriff. If good people get into this high power position, we can make change.

Not a terrible idea. However, if people use a platform opposing the statist quo, they should be prepared to be marginalized. Every time a good LP candidate comes around to oppose Sheriff Arpaio, for example, they get 0 coverage. I'm not sure about other states, but sheriffs in AZ seem to get thoroughly entrenched once they get in here-no matter how flagrantly corrupt they may be. /sigh

acptulsa
05-27-2011, 09:42 PM

Yes and no.

Stop and consider the type of person who wants to keep the peace when the laws are sane, vs. the kind of person attracted to the position when the laws aren't. I mean, really--busting people for rope so doctors can push more Xanax. Who in their right mind wants to do that?

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 05:39 AM

I think this is a GREAT idea.

The terrorists in America are wearing police uniforms. It is the duty of the Sheriff to stop these criminals.

Seriously, are the courts so corrupt that they will let thugs masquerading in police garb be judge, jury, and executioner without recourse? This man was denied his right to life, his child denied her father, his wife denied her husband without due process!!

Would it have been so hard to get a deputy to go to the man's door with a search warrant and ask questions? What does the District Attorney think will happen next? This has to stop!

A Son of Liberty
05-28-2011, 06:08 AM
This story absolutely enrages me, in so many ways.

However, this:

Holy titty-fucking shit

...made me laugh-out-loud.

;)

nolvorite
05-28-2011, 06:25 AM
This makes absolutely no sense. Wow. They don't even trust Marines anymore

Mani
05-30-2011, 12:05 AM

Marines carry/own weapons. They take an oath to protect the constitution.........

Vessol
05-30-2011, 12:13 AM
I think this is a GREAT idea.

The terrorists in America are wearing police uniforms. It is the duty of the Sheriff to stop these criminals.

Seriously, are the courts so corrupt that they will let thugs masquerading in police garb be judge, jury, and executioner without recourse? This man was denied his right to life, his child denied her father, his wife denied her husband without due process!!

Would it have been so hard to get a deputy to go to the man's door with a search warrant and ask questions? What does the District Attorney think will happen next? This has to stop!

Honestly it doesn't surprise me that this happened, as sad as it is.

This is what happens when there is a monopoly enforced by violence..no accountability and thugs running wild.

Guess you didn't read the MIAC report? Veterans are terrorist suspects now under the Department of Homeland Tyranny.

Pericles
05-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Got a chance to read the statement given by the guy in charge of the SWAT team - there are enough inconsistencies between it and the video and any competent investigator is going to rip the LE that did this to shreds.

Kylie
05-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Got a chance to read the statement given by the guy in charge of the SWAT team - there are enough inconsistencies between it and the video and any competent investigator is going to rip the LE that did this to shreds.

From your lips to God's ears.

I hope they break this force. Seriously, break them monetarily and psychologically.

Break them.

Vessol
05-30-2011, 12:29 AM
From your lips to God's ears.

I hope they break this force. Seriously, break them monetarily and psychologically.

Break them.

Meh. Does it matter? It'll just happen again to another unlucky person in another town. Again again and again.

Athan
05-30-2011, 01:07 PM
People need to alert the Marines of what is going on in this country.

AFPVet
05-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Yes and no.

Stop and consider the type of person who wants to keep the peace when the laws are sane, vs. the kind of person attracted to the position when the laws aren't. I mean, really--busting people for rope so doctors can push more Xanax. Who in their right mind wants to do that?

I never became a cop so that I could "bust people for crap". I became a cop so that I could do actual justice, help someone out and be there when someone needed me. The thing is that our society somehow doesn't trust each other—yet they trust some stranger simply because he/she has a shield or a uniform.

I believe that:

1. The people should be the police
2. There should be a Justice of the Peace or a Sheriff who is elected by the people to manage the operations
3. There should be a Constitutional Militia.

AFPVet
05-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Would it have been so hard to get a deputy to go to the man's door with a search warrant and ask questions?

This is what should've happened.... Unfortunately, most of us live in police state jurisdictions.

Travlyr
05-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I never became a cop so that I could "bust people for crap". I became a cop so that I could do actual justice, help someone out and be there when someone needed me. The thing is that our society somehow doesn't trust each other—yet they trust some stranger simply because he/she has a shield or a uniform.

I believe that:

2. There should be a Justice of the Peace or a Sheriff who is elected by the people to manage the operations
3. There should be a Constitutional Militia in charge of federal law enforcement—the way that Article I section 8, paragraph 15 of the U.S. Constitution states.

And this should become the norm in the future.
Dr. Edwin Vieira calls on us to take-on this challenge. Here (http://thenewamerican.com/economy/commentary-mainmenu-43/7258-mending-our-monetary-maladies) is a summary interview where he talks about our duty to our liberties.

pcosmar
05-30-2011, 01:35 PM
I believe that:

3. There should be a Constitutional Militia in charge of federal law enforcement—the way that Article I section 8, paragraph 15 of the U.S. Constitution states.

As do I. I am not the anarchist some accuse me of, I just believe that a system very different than what we have is better.
I am considered a dangerous outlaw by some and a befuddled hippie by others.
The truth is somewhere between or beyond both of those.
In my home and my presence there is a degree of safety.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

Anti Federalist
05-30-2011, 01:38 PM

Us, and veterans, or many times both, are considered to be the regime's worst enemies.

http://www.infowars.com/secret-state-police-report-ron-paul-bob-barr-chuck-baldwin-libertarians-are-terrorists/

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-new-york/homeland-security-department-returning-war-veterans-are-terrorist-threat

heavenlyboy34
05-30-2011, 01:58 PM

I believe that:

That part of the Constitution gives the power to raise and train militias to the states, not the FedGov. "Federal law enforcement" can only be achieved after declaring war. (all this assumes one believes in Constitutionalism, of course, which I don't because there is no evidence that it works)

AFPVet
05-30-2011, 02:06 PM
As do I. I am not the anarchist some accuse me of, I just believe that a system very different than what we have is better.
I am considered a dangerous outlaw by some and a befuddled hippie by others.
The truth is somewhere between or beyond both of those.
In my home and my presence there is a degree of safety.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

Thanks for the link... this is what I am talking about. To me, you really can't argue with the Constitution—yet politicians seems to believe that they can lol. Police have become standing armies. I remember historically when the average citizen would perform a 'watch'. These watchmen were the earliest form of police—yet they were just like you and I. Today, it is still possible to volunteer as a LEO—as I did in the sheriff's department, but it is heavily regulated and is now just an auxiliary of the regular police force—more than this, they can let you go just for "not fitting in".

It's time to get back to the Constitution.

AFPVet
05-30-2011, 02:10 PM
That part of the Constitution gives the power to raise and train militias to the states, not the FedGov. "Federal law enforcement" can only be achieved after declaring war. (all this assumes one believes in Constitutionalism, of course)

Ok... that makes sense—I was only reading the part where it states "execute the Laws of the Union." So in reality, all law enforcement belongs to the people and the states as I have previously mentioned.

heavenlyboy34
05-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Us, and veterans, or many times both, are considered to be the regime's worst enemies.

http://www.infowars.com/secret-state-police-report-ron-paul-bob-barr-chuck-baldwin-libertarians-are-terrorists/

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-new-york/homeland-security-department-returning-war-veterans-are-terrorist-threat
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. ;) :cool:

heavenlyboy34
05-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Ok... that makes sense—I was only reading the part where it states "execute the Laws of the Union." So in reality, all law enforcement belongs to the people and the states as I have previously mentioned.

I would agree with that. (though I believe security and law enforcement should be entirely the people's business)