PDA

View Full Version : Delaware - Shouldn't we be panicking a bit more?

lastnymleft
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Registration as a Republican for the primaries in Delaware closes in a couple of days, on October 31, yet - apart from a notice at the top of the forum - there has been little mention of it here on this board. Shouldn't we be getting a bit anxious about the deadline, and focusing our efforts much more intensely?

What last-minute grass-roots campaigning can be done to boost party affiliation registration efforts? Telephone trees? Radio talk-show call-ins? Let's get some ideas, and actions, happening!

Then, after October 31, we can focus on the next in line: Connecticut. Etc.

I note the campaign donations dropping off. That's perhaps foreseeable, and will correct itself. What is bad, though, is the decline in the number of people joining Meetup. That would tend to indicate people really taking time out of the campaigning. Can we afford that, with such deadlines looming?

Primbs
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Didn't Forbes win in Delaware in 2000.

Their state has no sales tax.

Nathan Hale
10-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Didn't Forbes win in Delaware in 2000.

Their state has no sales tax.

No state will be a "given" for Ron Paul. If Delaware's deadline is forthcoming, it's worth investing effort to increase awareness of RP and encourage party switching. The best plan is to focus on the foreign policy to bring over Dems and Independents. The best buys are local cable TV, radio, newspaper and billboard (in terms of # of eyeball hits in such a limited time per dollar spent). There is a great newspaper ad in play in NH, ask the group to use it in DE and buy in some of the larger cities (urban areas lean anti-war and dem).

mrd
10-28-2007, 08:55 PM
If we can round up cash for newspaper advertisements, and if we can get the ads in the paper fast, say Tuesday's paper at the latest, then we might get a smidgeon more folk to register Republican before the deadline.

After the deadline, Delaware is still definitely in need of ads or GOP support. There are a few RPR signs around here in Dover, but it seems most people have not heard of Ron Paul. The state leans Democratic and Biden has alot of support.

I'm doing what I can to spread the word, but it's tough. The meetup group for Delaware is tiny too. The local paper, Dover Post, said they only run stories on local events. I wish the party change deadlines weren't so early, it is very discouraging to run up against this deadline.

Geronimo
10-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I'd start writing LTE's notifying people of the deadline (and Ron Paul)

TechnoGuyRob
10-28-2007, 09:03 PM
That would tend to indicate people really taking time out of the campaigning. Can we afford that, with such deadlines looming?

It's getting colder.

jmdrake
10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Registration as a Republican for the primaries in Delaware closes in a couple of days, on October 31, yet - apart from a notice at the top of the forum - there has been little mention of it here on this board. Shouldn't we be getting a bit anxious about the deadline, and focusing our efforts much more intensely?

What last-minute grass-roots campaigning can be done to boost party affiliation registration efforts? Telephone trees? Radio talk-show call-ins? Let's get some ideas, and actions, happening!

Then, after October 31, we can focus on the next in line: Connecticut. Etc.

I note the campaign donations dropping off. That's perhaps foreseeable, and will correct itself. What is bad, though, is the decline in the number of people joining Meetup. That would tend to indicate people really taking time out of the campaigning. Can we afford that, with such deadlines looming?

If you want to do something click here:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/132/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3685802

Help finish calls to potential independents before the deadline.