PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Sarah Palin to Embark on a Nationwide Bus Tour

reduen
05-27-2011, 07:16 AM
http://campaigntrailreport.com/2011/05/26/sarah-palin-to-embark-on-a-nationwide-bus-tour/

The trip will include Palin’s first stop in N.H. since running for vice president in 2008. | AP Photo Close

By ANDY BARR | 5/26/11 2:09 PM EDT Updated: 5/26/11 3:59 PM EDT

Sarah Palin is launching a nationwide bus tour starting Sunday in Washington, a Palin source has confirmed to POLITICO.

The first stop will be at the annual Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally. Palin will then travel up the East Coast in a trip that will include her first stop in New Hampshire since running as the GOP’s vice presidential nominee in 2008.

Palin will also be stopping at other spots of symbolic national significance on the East Coast, including the Civil War battlefields at Gettysburg and Antietam, and the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.Palin’s camp intends to post more information on the trip on the recently revamped website for her political action committee. There were few details on the SarahPAC site following the announcement.

“Starting this weekend, Sarah Palin will embark on a One Nation Tour of historical sites that were key to the formation, survival, and growth of the United States of America,” a statement on the site reads. “The tour will originate in Washington DC and will proceed north up the east coast. More information will follow.”

Palin promised in a statement on her site that the tour would “celebrate the good things that bring Americans together; those things that will give us the needed strength to meet the heady challenges ahead.”

“I’ve said many times that America doesn’t need a ‘fundamental transformation,’ instead we need a restoration of all that is good and strong and free in America!” Palin added. “So, together let’s prepare ourselves for the days ahead by reminding ourselves who we are and what Americans stand for. We’ll celebrate the meaning of our nation’s blueprints, our Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, which are the threads that weave our past into the fabric necessary for the survival of American exceptionalism.”

Is this an indication that a possible 2012 presidential run announcement may be coming forthwith?

Consider this an open thread…

-Steve Foley

MisterTickle
05-27-2011, 12:43 PM
I hope she doesn't run. If she does, I hope Her and Newt split Romney votes. I think our best chance at winning this is to keep it divided amongst multiple candidates. We're polling at around the 2nd margin I think atm and our main goal is Romeny atm. Cain is picking up fast though but I think he'll hit a stump.

LibertyOrDeath1776
05-27-2011, 04:12 PM
The RNC still hasn't learned their lesson apparently. Sarah Palin cannot win. She will not get the 10-15% of the voters that are core Ron Paul supporters. I know I will write him in again if I have to. The sooner the RNC learned it's Paul or Obama the better off we will be.

Sarah Palin is amongst the dumbest of candidates I can ever recall running for president. This woman has absolutely no substance and no understanding of anything. Everything about her is book signings and paid speeches anything she can do to make money for herself. She will follow whatever road leads to the most cash for herself.

When more Americans vote for American Idol than for elections it's easy to see how we can turn our elections into no substance popularity contests.

specsaregood
05-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Nothing in this indicates to me that she will be running. It just appears to be somebody that is enjoying life and the limelight, a desperate grasp to remain relevent after watching the spotlight fade away the past year.

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Nothing in this indicates to me that she will be running. It just appears to be somebody that is enjoying life and the limelight, a desperate grasp to remain relevent after watching the spotlight fade away the past year.

I agree, but lately I stayed quiet about it. I don't want to antagonize her and I want her to endorse RP!

specsaregood
05-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree, but lately I stayed quiet about it. I don't want to antagonize her and I want her to endorse RP!

We just need to convince her that endorsing RP is the best way to cement herself in history as a forward-thinking maverick with the country's best intentions in mind.

low preference guy
05-27-2011, 04:47 PM
We just need to convince her that endorsing RP is the best way to cement herself in history as a forward-thinking maverick with the country's best intentions in mind.

I hate this expression, but GMTA. She could show his clout by endorsing the winner!

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I hate this expression, but GMTA. She could show his clout by endorsing the winner!

At the very least I would like to see the immolation which would occur at Hot Air.

specsaregood
05-27-2011, 05:16 PM
At the very least I would like to see the immolation which would occur at Hot Air.

The be fair, there would be plenty of that over here on rpfs as well, but for the opposite reasons. I predict it would take less than an hour before somebody claimed this was proof RP was a gatekeeper or had sold out. And there would be some saying they could no longer vote for RP if he got her endorsement.

Still, I wish I had an extra signed copy of "Revolution, A Manifesto" or "Liberty Defined" to send her.

KingRobbStark
05-27-2011, 05:21 PM
The be fair, there would be plenty of that over here on rpfs as well, but for the opposite reasons. I predict it would take less than an hour before somebody claimed this was proof RP was a gatekeeper or had sold out. And there would be some saying they could no longer vote for RP if he got her endorsement.

Still, I wish I had an extra signed copy of "Revolution, A Manifesto" or "Liberty Defined" to send her.

That can be arranged.

Razmear
05-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe she's doing another A&E series, RV'ing across America? She has no hope as a candidate.

anaconda
05-27-2011, 06:08 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3b7hswYL41qc01tho1_400.jpg

LisaNY
05-27-2011, 06:57 PM
As for her stop at the biker rally, Rolling Thunder says "We didn't invite her", "big distraction"

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/05/rolling-thunder-spokesman-slams-palin-bus-tour-as-big-distraction/

Aratus
05-28-2011, 11:01 AM
she's visitng touristy history spots!

ThyGivaOfRep
05-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Every time her face hits the headlines she sells a ton of books. I think she knows she can't win over independents. She can't even win a senate race in Arizona(from recent poll).

Napoleon's Shadow
05-28-2011, 04:55 PM
The RNC still hasn't learned their lesson apparently. Sarah Palin cannot win. She will not get the 10-15% of the voters that are core Ron Paul supporters. I know I will write him in again if I have to. The sooner the RNC learned it's Paul or Obama the better off we will be.I don't think the GOP/RNC leadership wants her.

Napoleon's Shadow
05-28-2011, 04:56 PM
This tour might be a way for her to test her support across the country. If she has massive crowds showing up to her events they might be able to weave that into support, or at least perceived support for a Presidential run.

low preference guy
05-28-2011, 05:00 PM
This tour might be a way for her to test her support across the country. If she has massive crowds showing up to her events they might be able to weave that into support, or at least perceived support for a Presidential run.

Actually, it is just to allow pundits to say that she might run so that she stays in the spotlight.

Just ask yourself what would she do if she weren't running: She would still have a bus tour to get attention.