PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Act Extension Signed By Obama

TER
05-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/27/patriot-act-extension-signed-obama-autopen_n_867851.html#comments)from Huffington Post. The comments are quite telling. It seems as if his base is beginning to show deep signs of cracking and falling away.

TER
05-27-2011, 12:31 AM
HUFFPOST SUPER USER
jlab
584 Fans

11 minutes ago (2:18 AM)

Obama is no longer pending my approval. His micro-bio did not meet my guidelines*.

lol!

TER
05-27-2011, 01:08 AM
jsarets
599 Fans

11 minutes ago (2:55 AM)

So, on the one hand, we have hearings on the Senate floor about Facebook selling your child's identity to whoever is willing to pay for it, hearings about Apple and Google tracking your location and Apple storing this record unencrypte*d, and hearings about Sony exposing the unencrypte*d credit card numbers of millions of PSN users... ...and on the other hand, we have Congress reaffirmin*g that the federal government can operate a comprehens*ive electronic dragnet over communicat*ions networks on the grounds that we can trust them to only use this data to investigat*e terrorist activity. It's no wonder that we'll never get a comprehens*ive security framework for the Internet such as deprecatin*g IP in favor of IPsec, because if the Internet is made safe from hackers, then the Internet would also be made safe from widespread government eavesdropp*ing. I have no doubt that the NSA can break IPsec ESP -- probably by hijacking certificat*e authoritie*s such as VeriSign and conducting man-in-the*-middle attacks on the key exchange protocol -- but they can't do this for any and every connection establishe*d over the Internet in a the current dragnet mode of "harvest first, data-mine later". They'd have to know what they were looking for beforehand in order to target their security exploits.

BamaAla
05-27-2011, 01:32 AM
They bitch now, but when they walk into the ballot box...

QueenB4Liberty
05-27-2011, 05:54 AM
^^

Exactly! It's all talk.

Jandrsn21
05-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Talk or not we can capitalize on this, no one is more vocal about the dangers of the Patriot Act then Rand Paul!

jtstellar
05-27-2011, 08:03 AM
defend rand before he becomes popular with liberals.. i am seeing signs already. i suspect there might be a turning point where he sways droves of liberals with a decisive event. don't be a johnny come lately.. if you come so late, it won't need you anymore.

Aratus
05-27-2011, 11:00 AM
we almost had our BILL Of RIGHTs back in full...

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-27-2011, 11:19 AM
we almost had our BILL Of RIGHTs back in full...

Not even close. We haven't had the 2nd since 1934, the first gets destroyed daily, ....the third well they'll destroy that when a State declares their independence, SCROTUS just shredded the fourth and that had nothing to do with the PA, the fifth...well that would have been nice to have back I must admit, sixth..would have been nice to get some of that back too, but the MCA did a number on it too, seventh....we still have those...mostly, eighth gets shredded daily (have you seen some of the ridiculous bails and fines oh and we still have torture and secret prisons), ninth and tenth? Haha don't make me laugh. Those got destroyed in 1861 by Lincoln.

Lucille
05-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Robo-signing away our BoR (http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2011/05/27/robo-signing-the-patriot-act/).

Does the sig read, "Linda Green," by any chance?