PDA

View Full Version : Romney "bypassing" Iowa = big opportunity for Ron Paul

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Romney version 2012 means smaller Iowa presence
By THOMAS BEAUMONT, Associated Press – Thu May 26, 7:13 am ET

"Romney's absence thus far has prompted speculation he will bypass the leadoff caucus state, given the unease among Iowa's Christian conservatives over his past support for abortion and gay rights, as well as his Mormon faith."

"Just how much of a presence Romney will have in the state is unclear, though his advisers privately acknowledge it will be less than four years ago."

"Iowa GOP strategists doubt Romney will compete in the August straw poll in Ames, although his representatives attended the state party's planning meeting for the event last week."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_romney_strategy

trey4sports
05-26-2011, 10:49 PM
He doesn't want to appear to be "trying" because he knows his ceiling is low in Iowa. This way he can say, "i didnt even TRY in Iowa and i still got 2nd,3rd,4th or whatever"

Aratus
05-27-2011, 11:18 AM
WIN, RON, WIN!!!
LETS WiN IOWA!

JamesButabi
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Hes polling so well why bother? Hes got nowhere to go but down as soon as he has to debate / speak.

RileyE104
05-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Hes polling so well why bother? Hes got nowhere to go but down as soon as he has to debate / speak.

Yes, but hopefully his absence to protect his lead is what brings him to downfall.

sailingaway
05-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm certain that means an 'unaffiliated pac' will be doing the straw poll, just as with CPAC. I can't imagine they'd leave that completely alone.

Now that I have seen what happens to Palin's votes though, I'm more concerned about the noise she is making which seems to stir up interest in a potential run by her. It looks like Ron loses out even more than Bachmann if she runs, per PPP numbers. (Mind you PPP and CNN polls are of seemingly different worlds.)