PDA

View Full Version : FREE Domain Name: DontVote4.us

Razmear
05-26-2011, 09:00 PM
This domain is coming up for renewal again and I have no interest in developing it. I will transfer it free to anyone here that wants it provided you take ownership before July when I'll have to pay to renew it again.
Just send me a note and it's yours. Just don't want to let the domain hoarders get it.

If there are multiple requests for the name it will be given to the person with the oldest Join Date.

eb

Chester Copperpot
05-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I was thinking of making a site to out the phony stances on politicians votes..

You know like how the republicans vote against spending when they know the dems control the house just so they appear fiscally conservative.. etc.. crap like that..

IM not sure how solid the idea is.. but if enough people like it I think your domain is a good name.. because they would be people you shouldnt vote for next time around.

Dustancostine
05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Mike, I like the idea. If you get the domain from Raz, I will help you write some copy on it. Or if you don't want to do it, I'll take it and we can work together on it. But I think it can be a great tool.

Razmear
05-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Last cycle I had a wordpress blog setup and used it to post videos of the other candidates showing why not to vote for them. There's plenty of ammo out there to shoot down the other guys, I just don't have the motivation at this time to set it up again.
The previous version became a spammers haven after the election cycle was over, which is why it now just points to a google domains ad page. Because I never updated the WP software and WP is easily hacked if you don't keep it updated I had to nuke the old site to prevent it from being used to send spam via the sendmail exploits.
If either of you want the name, just let me know and I can transfer it over, alternately if you don't have a hosting site and want to cover the cost of renewal ($8.99 i think) I can setup an FTP account for you on my 1and1 hosting account.

eb

Dustancostine
05-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Raz, I'll take it and start setting up a site. I have an account at domainsecure.com where I own some domain names. I am not sure if they host or not. I'll try to find out. What do I need to do for the transfer?

Razmear
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
This is still available, and still free.
Dustin never replied back to my PM's so anyone else who wants to take it over, just let me know and I'll transfer it off.

eb

Razmear
06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
The name will expire in 10 days. Just let me know if anyone wants to take it over. I'm going to turn off the auto renew so it will go into 'redemption' for 30 days after June 8 then will be available to anyone after that.
If anyone wants to take over the domain, just send me a note.

Razmear
07-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Last chance, auto renew is turned off and it will expire on 7/7. If your interested let me know and I'll PM you the AUTH Code and you can claim it and do what you like.

Sola_Fide
07-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Somebody claim this!