PDA

View Full Version : OMG. In the newest Gallup poll, RON IS LEADING IN THE INDEPENDENT REPUBLICAN VOTERS.

wgadget
05-26-2011, 08:51 PM
It has been said that whoever wins the next election will have to win the INDEPENDENTS.

This is a great start...Scroll down a little. It's the third poll from the top.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147806/Romney-Palin-Lead-Reduced-GOP-Field-2012.aspx

Romney's Support Varies by Education

Romney's appeal is much greater among college graduates (25%) than nongraduates (13%). Palin, meanwhile, fares better among nongraduates (18%) than college graduates (8%). The remaining candidates have fairly similar support by education.

Romney and Palin generally do better among conservatives than liberals and moderates. Paul is competitive with Romney and Palin for the top spot among liberals and moderates, though even combined, these groups make up a much smaller segment of the Republican base than conservatives do.

Further evidence that Paul's support generally lies outside the Republican mainstream is that Republican-leaning independents are twice as likely to support him as are those who identify outright as Republicans. Romney and Palin lead among the larger group of Republican identifiers.

Romney is the leading candidate among churchgoing Republicans, at 19%. Among Republicans who identify as Protestant or some other Christian religion (other than Catholic or Mormon), his support is 15%, tying him with Palin as the leader among that group. This is notable given that some think Romney's Mormon faith could hurt his support among Protestants.

Support for Republican Nominee, by Subgroup, May 20-24, 2011

Now to go check on the Independent Democrats...

Agorism
05-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Maybe they are a bunch of former republicans who've long abandoned the republican party who are now independents due to lack of another term.

GunnyFreedom
05-26-2011, 09:05 PM
I posted this on my FB a while ago, the crosstabs show Ron Paul #1 not only in the Independents, but ALSO in the moderates and the liberals.

IE - everybody we actually need to defeat Obama...

Anti Federalist
05-26-2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.volacci.com/files/imce-uploads/whoa.jpg

wgadget
05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
I posted this on my FB a while ago, the crosstabs show Ron Paul #1 not only in the Independents, but ALSO in the moderates and the liberals.

Wow, you're RIGHT...That's awesome.

I bet these stats are scaring the bajeezus outa the Establishment Rs. LOL And ol' Michael Medved must be pretty pissed, too. After all, he's the one who likes to say THE NEXT PRESIDENT WILL BE THE ONE WHO CAN WIN THE INDEPENDENT VOTERS.

trey4sports
05-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Wow, you're RIGHT...That's awesome.

I bet these stats are scaring the bajeezus outa the Establishment Rs. LOL

Yeah, im sure it is. They're going to be terrified when we win the Ames straw poll!

Wesker1982
05-26-2011, 09:20 PM

I would put money on Paul winning the presidency if he wins the Republican nomination.

wgadget
05-26-2011, 09:26 PM
We should REALLY be pushing for all the people who are against the PATRIOT ACT to support Ron Paul.

He's the ONLY choice here.

I'd Tweet it from the rooftops if I had Twitter.

ronpaulitician
05-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Maybe this time the recent GOP history of putting party over principle will actually work in our favor. "I hate that crazy Paul dude, but at least he can beat Obama." The GOP doesn't really deserve their luck of both getting the presidency and their sanity back all at once, but I'll take it.

PaulConventionWV
05-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, im sure it is. They're going to be terrified when we win the Ames straw poll!

I hope you're right, Trey4sports. I just hope nothing goes wrong with the independent phone banking. I think it'sa dangerous idea, but I wish you luck because that's all I can do. Just be rational, please.

Epic
05-26-2011, 09:42 PM
CBS: Herman Cain actually got 3rd place in that Gallup Poll!

A new Gallup poll shows that former governors Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin remain the presumed frontrunners in the GOP presidential race, but little-known Herman Cain ties for third.

.... Except that Cain got 8% while Paul got 10%.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20066480-503544.html

Bruno
05-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks, Epic, sent this to drudge.

Sentinelrv
05-26-2011, 09:48 PM

They need to issue a correction. Email them about it.

wgadget
05-26-2011, 09:49 PM
They need to issue a correction. Email them about it.

What is that, like a 5-way "tie for third"? Sheesh.

KingRobbStark
05-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Ron Paul is thee only Republican with a chance to defeat Obama.

smartguy911
05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
I didn't even see that. How accurate is this poll?

sailingaway
05-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Ron has been CONSISTENTLY winning the independents. That is (I am absolutely convinced) why PPP is 'not adding new people' to its head to head polls against Obama now that Huckabee and TRump pulled out. PPP is the Dem pollster that first hypothecized that Ron did best with independents and demonstrated it over a series of polls. They were trying to get him to run independent and split the conservative vote. When it became clear how well he did against Obama, they stopped pushing that meme. The Rasmussen poll last year where Ron was 41% and Obama was 42% also had Ron dominating with independents over all other contenders. And CNN's May 5 poll said Ron polled better against Obama than any other potential GOP contender including Huckabee, who came in second.

Ron's greater difficulty is in the primar, where he is popular, but not as immediately popular as some celebrity candidates.

BlackTerrel
05-26-2011, 10:10 PM

+1

specsaregood
05-26-2011, 10:18 PM

but also the people leas likely to vote in the primary. :(

Agorism
05-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Heh, I've noticed new people come to this forums who are angry republicans who like Bush. Then they realize that the people here actually don't like Bush and then they leave sometimes.

Bruno
05-26-2011, 10:20 PM

Some of the could be persuaded to register Republican, if the campaign chose to focus on it.

wgadget
05-26-2011, 10:21 PM
I think a lot of people have recently BECOME independents because of all the crap that's been going on. I'm thinking they may be even MORE LIKELY to vote because they're so pissed off.

And for the record, here is MICHAEL MEDVED'S uber-nasty article about RON PAUL, the 2012 presidential candidate who is MOST APPEALING TO THE INDEPENDENTS. He says over and over and over again that the person who can win the INDEPENDENTS and MODERATES will win....SWEET.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-05-17/ron-paul-hookers-and-heroin-the-2012-presidential-candidates-addled-take-on-personal-liberty/#

Bruno
05-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I would put money on Paul winning the presidency if he wins the Republican nomination.

How doe $2,500 sound? ;) :D

Carehn
05-26-2011, 10:24 PM
We should REALLY be pushing for all the people who are against the PATRIOT ACT to support Ron Paul.

He's the ONLY choice here.

I'd Tweet it from the rooftops if I had Twitter.

You know. this seems to be working VERY WELL for me in my county.

bunklocoempire
05-27-2011, 03:29 AM

Be ready for their bullshit. I heard something like this a while ago, ready to downplay Iowa if they have to.

From Politico, 3 whole pages of 'Iowa could be great, but it could be a non event too'

So frickin' predictable.:mad:

But hey, bob and weave, bob and weave.:)

Search Politico + Iowa GOP frets over 2012 role

Asked if he was confident that Iowa would pick a mainstream candidate who’s capable of winning the GOP nomination, Roberts answered: “No, I’m not confident of that. I’m not sure at this point that anybody can be confident of anything.”

Bunkloco

ronpaulitician
05-27-2011, 03:47 AM
If Paul wins Iowa, no amount of "it don't mean nothin'" by the MSM is going to stop people from starting to see him as a winner. Snowball effect will take off from there. (No, Hannity, we're not going to aim that massive snowball at you.)

fisharmor
05-27-2011, 06:19 AM
How doe $2,500 sound? ;) :D

I'd take that bet.
Let's get real people. A general election would be more of an uphill battle than the primaries.
In the caucuses, at least activists have some input into how things are done. That may prove to be enough of a wedge to break into the party apparatus enough to stop them killing his chances.

In a general, the entire fourth estate is going to come crashing down on him like a fleet of cargo ships full of bricks. It's going to make Barry Goldwater's treatment look like a day spa with a happy ending.
He'll still get fair treatment on Russia Today and Al Jazeera, but that's about it. Everywhere else is going to be a 24 hour, six month long session of two-minutes-of-hate.

Freedom 4 all
05-27-2011, 06:42 AM
I'd take that bet.
Let's get real people. A general election would be more of an uphill battle than the primaries.
In the caucuses, at least activists have some input into how things are done. That may prove to be enough of a wedge to break into the party apparatus enough to stop them killing his chances.

In a general, the entire fourth estate is going to come crashing down on him like a fleet of cargo ships full of bricks. It's going to make Barry Goldwater's treatment look like a day spa with a happy ending.
He'll still get fair treatment on Russia Today and Al Jazeera, but that's about it. Everywhere else is going to be a 24 hour, six month long session of two-minutes-of-hate.

Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity and the rest of the clowns on FOX can hate on him now, but if they suddenly switch to Democrat just because it's Paul, they will alienate their entire fan base and reveal to the world what cowardly hypocrites they are.

sailingaway
05-27-2011, 08:01 AM

And I'm not sure we want to advertise that he does best with liberals and moderates (or those who consider themselves such) given those are widely misused words, and wouldn't serve Ron well in wooing the more standard GOP primary voter. But it does make the registration issue a big one.

sailingaway
05-27-2011, 08:03 AM
I'd take that bet.

No, Fox will have to at least seem to treat him fairly or they will lose their viewers.

Bobster
05-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity and the rest of the clowns on FOX can hate on him now, but if they suddenly switch to Democrat just because it's Paul, they will alienate their entire fan base and reveal to the world what cowardly hypocrites they are.

They won't have too. Trump (or someone else) will run as an independent and act as a "spoiler" for Paul. Hannity/Rush/etc can actually back the independent candidate and appear more credible because they aren't backing the "Republican".

Paul Or Nothing II
05-27-2011, 11:45 AM
And I'm not sure we want to advertise that he does best with liberals and moderates (or those who consider themselves such) given those are widely misused words, and wouldn't serve Ron well in wooing the more standard GOP primary voter. But it does make the registration issue a big one.

Well, it could also be argued that if GOP-voters are made to realize that Ron would bring in a significant amount of liberal & independent votes then they might see him as a better bet against Obama than some of the other GOP candidates who don't have that edge with liberals & independents. GOP-voters hate Obama as much as liberals hated Bush so the first thing on their minds will be "Who has the best chance to beat Obama?".

Aratus
05-27-2011, 04:37 PM
indies hate labels

jtstellar
05-27-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.volacci.com/files/imce-uploads/whoa.jpg

gosh you really love movies

PaulConventionWV
05-27-2011, 06:33 PM
gosh you really love movies

Hey, who doesn't?

GunnyFreedom
05-27-2011, 06:42 PM

True, BUT, we can use this as hard data to demonstrate to Republican Primary Voters that RP has a better chance at beating Obama than any candidate in the field. All the sheeple faction of the GOP really care about (in the long run) is 'beating Obama' and we can use that short-sightedness and these polls to demonstrate who is best to 'beat Obama.'

Aratus
05-28-2011, 11:12 AM
GunnyFreedom is being aptly perceptive and totally on the money.
Former Governor Mitt Romney is within a few hours of his making
things 100% official. ---We all need to say that Dr. Ron Paul is
respected and admired by many of the independent voters.

acptulsa
05-28-2011, 11:19 AM
(No, Hannity, we're not going to aim that massive snowball at you.)

Speak for yourself. I'm ready to sweep all the tools away, not just the ones in the not-so-hallowed halls of Congress.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Ron could be considered a top tier candidate if the money bomb is successful. Give everything you've got!

Napoleon's Shadow
06-04-2011, 08:36 PM

Can these people not count, or are they so brazen about lying that the think they can get away with it?! :confused::confused::confused: :mad:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147806/Romney-Palin-Lead-Reduced-GOP-Field-2012.aspx

speciallyblend
06-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Well, it could also be argued that if GOP-voters are made to realize that Ron would bring in a significant amount of liberal & independent votes then they might see him as a better bet against Obama than some of the other GOP candidates who don't have that edge with liberals & independents. GOP-voters hate Obama as much as liberals hated Bush so the first thing on their minds will be "Who has the best chance to beat Obama?".

Ron Paul:) you asked;)

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 08:51 PM
"Who has the best shot at beating Obama? "

"Ron Paul." without hesitation, and spoken like a mundane matter-of-fact. "of course. He's the only one that picks up from all three - independents, moderates, and liberals - plus Republicans think he's too far to the right, which just means he will actually drag the Republican Party back to where they belong."

pacelli
06-04-2011, 09:17 PM

You're going to have to put money on Paul starting in 40 minutes if you wish for him to do so.

BlackTerrel
06-04-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't know if the majority of Republicans realize this but America has shifted to the left. If they nominate someone like Palin, Gingrich, Giuliani etc... to represent them they don't have a chance.

Paul does best among Republicans in independent votes. And if I'm being impartial the only other Republican I see doing well in the general would be Romney. Neither are guaranteed to win - but the rest have ZERO CHANCE of beating Obama.

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2011, 10:03 PM
"Ron Paul has consistently polled better against Obama than any other Republican over the last 3 years."

ETA - have citations available

Working Poor
06-04-2011, 10:05 PM

I have encountered several people who are going to register republican that are liberals and registered democrats they want to see Obama sweat a debate with Ron Paul. I think getting people registered to vote in the primary is the most important thing we can do at this point in the game cause he just really has to win that to win the general.

Negative articles written about him have more comments from the readers siding with Ron Paul than comments agreeing with the writer of the negative article. It shows how much support he is gaining.

Kylie
06-04-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't know if the majority of Republicans realize this but America has shifted to the left. If they nominate someone like Palin, Gingrich, Giuliani etc... to represent them they don't have a chance.

Paul does best among Republicans in independent votes. And if I'm being impartial the only other Republican I see doing well in the general would be Romney. Neither are guaranteed to win - but the rest have ZERO CHANCE of beating Obama.

The only reason that I said I was a republican was so I could vote for Ron in the primary in 2008.

BlackTerrel
06-05-2011, 10:47 AM
The only reason that I said I was a republican was so I could vote for Ron in the primary in 2008.

We need more of this! No reason we can't have independents and others register as Republicans. I am doing the same in 2012. It will be the first time I vote in a primary.

nobody's_hero
06-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I assume by "independent" republicans, they mean people who aren't really active in the primaries? We need these people to show up at the primaries, and get involved, especially in states where no party registration is required to participate in the primaries (like Georgia).

Let's take the Old Guard by storm.

nobody's_hero
06-05-2011, 11:01 AM
We need more of this! No reason we can't have independents and others register as Republicans. I am doing the same in 2012. It will be the first time I vote in a primary.

Same here. I didn't know (or care about) a thing about politics before 2008 (never voted, even in a general election, before that). I'm pleased that Georgia has an open primary. Hell, I'm going to get some democrats to vote for Ron Paul on the republican ticket, lol.

BlackTerrel
06-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Same here. I didn't know (or care about) a thing about politics before 2008 (never voted, even in a general election, before that). I'm pleased that Georgia has an open primary. Hell, I'm going to get some democrats to vote for Ron Paul on the republican ticket, lol.

2008 was the first time I voted in the general and I voted for the D. Not this time.

GunnyFreedom
06-05-2011, 11:25 AM

Hmm, I don't know if I'd agree with 'the majority of Americans have shifted to the left' (unless you are talking about that weird false left-right paradigm where neocons (leftists) put Ron Paul (a rightist) to their own left.

I think, instead, a majority of Americans are getting sick of the government managing every last aspect of our lives and are hoping to find someone to take us out of that universe. They vote Republican because the Republicans say "we'll get the government to lay off the even numbers." They vote Democrat because Democrats say "we'll get the government to lay off the odd numbers." They just want government to lay the hell off their numbers, and are blindly stabbing in the dark trying to find someone who can make government do that.

It's an "anti-nanny state but do please make my life easier" thing, I think. Lay off my stuff but keep my neighbor behaving if you please. I think what's happening is not a leftward shift as much as an anti-establishment shift as they realize that 'the establishment' is not meeting either of their goals. The biggest hurdle is convincing them that their neighbors don't need to be regulated any more than they do....

nobody's_hero
06-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah, it's not really measurable by the left vs. right thing. I think that's why independents are ripe for the picking. I used to think that we had a left-right spectrum—but it's not a spectrum, it's a circle.

Give any democrat enough time and they'll start to act like republicans. Give republicans enough time and they'll act like the democrats.

We need something totally different.