PDA

View Full Version : 102 things NOT to do if you hate paying taxes.

QueenB4Liberty
05-26-2011, 08:18 PM
1. Do not use Medicare.
2. Do not use Social Security
3. Do not become a member of the US military, who are paid with tax dollars.
4. Do not ask the National Guard to help you after a disaster.
5. Do not call 911 when you get hurt.
6. Do not call the police to stop intruders in your home.
7. Do not summon the fire department to save your burning home.
8. Do not drive on any paved road, highway, and interstate or drive on any bridge.
9. Do not use public restrooms.
10. Do not send your kids to public schools.
11. Do not put your trash out for city garbage collectors.
12. Do not live in areas with clean air.
13. Do not drink clean water.
14. Do not visit National Parks.
15. Do not visit public museums, zoos, and monuments.
16. Do not eat or use FDA inspected food and medicines.
17. Do not bring your kids to public playgrounds.
18. Do not walk or run on sidewalks.
19. Do not use public recreational facilities such as basketball and tennis courts.
20. Do not seek shelter facilities or food in soup kitchens when you are homeless and hungry.
21. Do not apply for educational or job training assistance when you lose your job.
22. Do not apply for food stamps when you can’t feed your children.
23. Do not use the judiciary system for any reason.
24. Do not ask for an attorney when you are arrested and do not ask for one to be assigned to you by the court.
25. Do not apply for any Pell Grants.
26. Do not use cures that were discovered by labs using federal dollars.
27. Do not fly on federally regulated airplanes.
28. Do not use any product that can trace its development back to NASA.
29. Do not watch the weather provided by the National Weather Service.
30. Do not listen to severe weather warnings from the National Weather Service.
31. Do not listen to tsunami, hurricane, or earthquake alert systems.
32. Do not apply for federal housing.
33. Do not use the internet, which was developed by the military.
34. Do not swim in clean rivers.
35. Do not allow your child to eat school lunches or breakfasts.
36. Do not ask for FEMA assistance when everything you own gets wiped out by disaster.
37. Do not ask the military to defend your life and home in the event of a foreign invasion.
38. Do not use your cell phone or home telephone.
39. Do not buy firearms that wouldn’t have been developed without the support of the US Government and military. That includes most of them.
40. Do not eat USDA inspected produce and meat.
41. Do not apply for government grants to start your own business.
42. Do not apply to win a government contract.
43. Do not buy any vehicle that has been inspected by government safety agencies.
44. Do not buy any product that is protected from poisons, toxins, etc…by the Consumer Protection Agency.
45. Do not save your money in a bank that is FDIC insured.
46. Do not use Veterans benefits or military health care.
47. Do not use the G.I. Bill to go to college.
48. Do not apply for unemployment benefits.
49. Do not use any electricity from companies regulated by the Department of Energy.
50. Do not live in homes that are built to code.
51. Do not run for public office. Politicians are paid with taxpayer dollars.
52. Do not ask for help from the FBI, S.W.A.T, the bomb squad, Homeland Security, State troopers, etc…
53. Do not apply for any government job whatsoever as all state and federal employees are paid with tax dollars.
54. Do not use public libraries.
55. Do not use the US Postal Service.
56. Do not visit the National Archives.
57. Do not visit Presidential Libraries.
58. Do not use airports that are secured by the federal government.
59. Do not apply for loans from any bank that is FDIC insured.
60. Do not ask the government to help you clean up after a tornado.
61. Do not ask the Department of Agriculture to provide a subsidy to help you run your farm.
62. Do not take walks in National Forests.
63. Do not ask for taxpayer dollars for your oil company.
64. Do not ask the federal government to bail your company out during recessions.
65. Do not seek medical care from places that use federal dollars.
66. Do not use Medicaid.
67. Do not use WIC.
68. Do not use electricity generated by Hoover Dam.
69. Do not use electricity or any service provided by the Tennessee Valley Authority.
70. Do not ask the Army Corps of Engineers to rebuild levees when they break.
71. Do not let the Coast Guard save you from drowning when your boat capsizes at sea.
72. Do not ask the government to help evacuate you when all hell breaks loose in the country you are in.
73. Do not visit historic landmarks.
74. Do not visit fisheries.
75. Do not expect to see animals that are federally protected because of the Endangered Species List.
76. Do not expect plows to clear roads of snow and ice so your kids can go to school and so you can get to work.
77. Do not hunt or camp on federal land.
78. Do not work anywhere that has a safe workplace because of government regulations.
79. Do not use public transportation.
80. Do not drink water from public water fountains.
81. Do not whine when someone copies your work and sells it as their own. Government enforces copyright laws.
82. Do not expect to own your home, car, or boat. Government organizes and keeps all titles.
83. Do not expect convicted felons to remain off the streets.
84. Do not eat in restaurants that are regulated by food quality and safety standards.
85. Do not seek help from the US Embassy if you need assistance in a foreign nation.
86. Do not apply for a passport to travel outside of the United States.
87. Do not apply for a patent when you invent something.
88. Do not adopt a child through your local, state, or federal governments.
89.Do not use elevators that have been inspected by federal or state safety regulators.
90. Do not use any resource that was discovered by the USGS.
91. Do not ask for energy assistance from the government.
92. Do not move to any other developed nation, because the taxes are much higher.
93. Do not go to a beach that is kept clean by the state.
94. Do not use money printed by the US Treasury.
95. Do not complain when millions more illegal immigrants cross the border because there are no more border patrol agents.
96. Do not attend a state university.
97. Do not see any doctor that is licensed through the state.
98. Do not use any water from municipal water systems.
99. Do not complain when diseases and viruses, that were once fought around the globe by the US government and CDC, reach your house.
100. Do not work for any company that is required to pay its workers a livable wage, provide them sick days, vacation days, and benefits.
101. Do not expect to be able to vote on election days. Government provides voting booths, election day officials, and voting machines which are paid for with taxes.
102. Do not ride trains. The railroad was built with government financial assistance.

The fact is, we pay for the lifestyle we expect. Without taxes, our lifestyles would be totally different and much harder. America would be a third world country. The less we pay, the less we get in return. Americans pay less taxes today since 1958 and is ranked 32nd out of 34 of the top tax paying countries. Chile and Mexico are 33rd and 34th. The Republicans are lying when they say that we pay the highest taxes in the world and are only attacking taxes to reward corporations and the wealthy and to weaken our infrastructure and way of life. So next time you object to paying taxes or fight to abolish taxes for corporations and the wealthy, keep this quote in mind…

“I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/05/18/102-things-not-to-do-if-you-hate-taxes/

I know, this is ridiculous. It was posted on facebook and I replied that it isn't so much the government does it better, but that they have a monopoly on those things. And if you don't pay you'll be fined or imprisoned. Most of those things, I don't even do anyways, if I can help it. I'd rather do it the free market way.

Just posting this here to get y'all's thoughts.

Chester Copperpot
05-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I would have told that bozo that income tax dollars dont go to pay any of that.

Anti Federalist
05-26-2011, 08:23 PM
94. Do not use money printed by the US Treasury

Be glad to.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-26-2011, 08:24 PM
95. Do not complain when millions more illegal immigrants cross the border because there are no more border patrol agents.

LOL I'm sure a private company would do 100x a better job.

QueenB4Liberty
05-26-2011, 08:26 PM

lol be nice..he doesn't like the income tax.

Anti Federalist
05-26-2011, 08:27 PM
52. Do not ask for help from the FBI, S.W.A.T, the bomb squad, Homeland Security, State troopers, etc…

http://thatschurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/calvin_hobbes-laughing.jpg

Kludge
05-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Why not?

aGameOfThrones
05-26-2011, 08:30 PM
It doesnt matter how much you hate paying taxes if you are threaten to do so by armed government agents.

QueenB4Liberty
05-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm trying to get him to answer now. :p He's anti war and anti fed and all of that. He likes Ron Paul (although not on every position) and is most likely going to vote for him in the primary, but we have some political differences. He doesn't object to paying for services he uses.

t0rnado
05-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Probably written by someone on unemployment or welfare.

PreDeadMan
05-26-2011, 08:37 PM
http://thatschurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/calvin_hobbes-laughing.jpg

lol that picture summarized my reaction to the list hahahaha

Anti Federalist
I'm trying to get him to answer now. :p He's anti war and anti fed and all of that. He likes Ron Paul (although not on every position) and is most likely going to vote for him in the primary, but we have some political differences. He doesn't object to paying for services he uses.

Good, let him pay all he wants.

Most of that list doesn't apply to me, why should I pay?

More importantly, where do you get the moral authority to stick a gun in my face and tell me I must pay?

ClayTrainor
This is like saying...

101 things not to do if you don't like being a slave

1. Accept a meal from your slave-master

2. Accept the Shelter from your slave-master

3. Accept medical care from your slave-master.

etc. ad-infinitum

QueenB4Liberty
05-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Good, let him pay all he wants.

Most of that list doesn't apply to me, why should I pay?

More importantly, where do you get the moral authority to stick a gun in my face and tell me I must pay?

Yeah, I've told him this. We both use probably the same amount of things on that list (maybe 5). There are some people I've talked to that actually wrote the government and asked to have their taxes raised. I can't believe those people exist.

Elwar
05-26-2011, 08:43 PM
If I do all of that, do I have to pay taxes anymore?

If not, how else do I get my money back?

ClayTrainor
05-26-2011, 08:45 PM

Same logic applies to tariffs. (Sorry AF, I tried to resist, but couldn't help myself.) :p :)

specsaregood
05-26-2011, 08:49 PM
6. Do not call the police to stop intruders in your home.

So you are saying I can not pay my taxes and also NOT get shot and killed by the cops in my own home? Sounds like a deal.

Expatriate
05-26-2011, 08:55 PM
This is like saying...

101 things not to do if you don't like being a slave

1. Accept a meal from your slave-master

2. Accept the Shelter from your slave-master

3. Accept medical care from your slave-master.

etc. ad-infinitum

Indeed.

Freedom 4 all
05-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Half of these are things that I'd actually rather not do anyways. Call the police, use Fed notes etc. And some wouldn't even be an issue with less government (ex. get a passport).

Razmear
05-26-2011, 09:05 PM
I haven't paid federal taxes in over 7 years, as a protest against the wars. I won't let my money be used to bomb other countries.
This is perfectly legal, provided you are willing to sacrifice a bit and earn less than about $18,000 a year for a married couple.

Ray
05-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Does anyone realistically expect to receive medicare or ss anyways?

jmdrake
05-26-2011, 09:29 PM
27. Do not fly on federally regulated airplanes.

Just last week I drove 18 hours to Denver just so my wife wouldn't have to get groped to get onto a federally regulated airplane. The fact that this is on the list shows just how stupid statists are.

Wesker1982
05-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Legalize alternatives and opting out and I will gladly not do that stuff in that there list lol

Kludge
05-26-2011, 09:40 PM
The less we pay, the less we get in return.I don't think this has been brought up, but does he realize how ridiculous this statement is in context?

Even assuming "you get what you pay for" is absolutely true (which is false), what does he think will happen to the money which wouldn't go to gov't?

aGameOfThrones
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
alibam
Posted May 24, 2011 at 8:00 PM

What I’d like to know is: If you’re an Americans who loves your country, who considers yourself patriotic, who does not want to pay taxes, who does not think large corporations should pay taxes… what do you love about this country? What is your vision for this country and the future of individual Americans?

//

Pauls' Revere
05-26-2011, 10:36 PM
This is a list of 102 things that could be operated by private enterprises. Well, ok except the military thing.

Vessol
05-26-2011, 10:38 PM
//

I'll reply to that.

I love this country for the people who have lived in it in the past, present, and future. I love this country for the ideas that have arisen within it despite the State's attempts to squash and destroy them.

I do not love this country because of its institutions that are put on me involuntarily. I do not love this country that acts in "my name" while stealing and murdering and genociding.

The fact is that "the nation" and "the State" are two different ideas altogether in my view. Those who linked them together in the late 19th century such as Bismark are nothing more than Statists who wished to use the Nation as the new Religion in order to further their own goals through coercive violence.

This is a list of 102 things that could be operated by private enterprises. Well, ok except the military thing.

I disagree. I believe that the free market could provide a more effective and cheaper product than any kind of monopoly.

Dreamofunity
05-27-2011, 06:00 AM
If I'm forced to pay for a particular service (that I actually want), I'm going to use the hell out of it.

Krugerrand
05-27-2011, 06:11 AM

Why not the military?

ghengis86
05-27-2011, 06:17 AM
If I don't do any of those 102 things, and don't pay taxes, do you promise not to throw me in jail or shoot me like a dog?

Krugerrand
05-27-2011, 06:29 AM
73. Do not visit historic landmarks.

I wonder if that includes privately owned historic landmarks ... or if it's assumed that once something becomes an historic landmark the government should steal ownership?f

Seraphim
05-27-2011, 06:38 AM
12. Do not live in areas with clean air.

ABSURB

moostraks
05-27-2011, 07:11 AM
82. Do not expect to own your home, car, or boat. Government organizes and keeps all titles.

Thanks to the government I DON"T own my property but rent it on an annual basis from said gov't thugs....:mad:

Travlyr
05-27-2011, 07:20 AM

That's right. Most of this is paid through the confiscation of wealth - The Inflation Tax.
Competition would provide most of these services at higher quality and less cost.

goopc
05-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Without taxes, our lifestyles would be totally different and much harder. America would be a third world country. The less we pay, the less we get in return. Americans pay less taxes today since 1958 and is ranked 32nd out of 34 of the top tax paying countries. Chile and Mexico are 33rd and 34th.

This paragraph makes no sense. He says Chile and Mexico have equal taxes to the USA. But they have much lower standards of living. If he’s trying to prove that tax rates are unrelated to quality of life, then he’s made his point, but he’s claiming the exact opposite!

aGameOfThrones
05-27-2011, 08:56 AM

Thanks to the government I DON"T own my property but rent it on an annual basis from said gov't thugs....:mad:

Number 82 is precisely why you don't own any of those things... Government organizing and keeping all titles.

tekkierich
05-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Obviously ridiculous. I forget who said it, but someone has been quoted saying "Just because I object to it's existence doesn't mean I am not going to go to the Post Office and mail a letter"

We have to do the best we can in the world the way it exists today.

acptulsa
05-27-2011, 09:13 AM
9, 20, 33, 38 and 102 are pure bull. Most or all have noting whatsoever to do with government.

And more than half of these are purely and simply good advice. Don't use Treasury funny money, or at least don't try to save it. Don't eat USDA approved anything if you can find a farmers' market. Surely don't send your kids to public schools...