PDA

View Full Version : NEW: Today: Juan Williams give RON PAUL HUGE PROPS oN CSPAN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSHLIED
05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey supporters, can someone help me, clip a section from CSPAN where Juan Williams give HUGE props to Ron. Someone please go to CSPAN and look up the talk "Freedom of Expression and Journalism" from the VIdeo library and find at the end of the talk, where Juan talks about Ron....thanks.

oh.here is the link http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/JuanWill

devil21
05-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Looks like Mr. Williams has become a fan of RP. Either that or he's the designated Fox News guy that has to talk him up while the rest thrash him. You know, fair and balanced.

Id like to see the clip too. YT is coming up empty.

BUSHLIED
05-26-2011, 08:20 PM
well the talk was today, perhaps several hours ago..and it wasn't about Presidential politics so I think it is easy to miss...but I provided the link to the talk, all someone has to do is download it, clip it, and upload to youtube...I just dont know how to do that yet...

georgia_tech_swagger
05-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Ron Paul talk is at 51:00.

Chester Copperpot
05-26-2011, 08:39 PM

u sure>?

Romulus
05-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Looks like Mr. Williams has become a fan of RP. Either that or he's the designated Fox News guy that has to talk him up while the rest thrash him. You know, fair and balanced.

Id like to see the clip too. YT is coming up empty.

Thats sort of what I think too.. he's the Fox news punching bag..

RileyE104
05-26-2011, 08:41 PM

u sure>?

No... It started at 55:00 for me.

Also, Juan didn't give much props to Ron as a presidential candidate as much as just saying that he's shaping the debate and becoming somewhat of a king-maker when getting others elected.

Still, his comments are greatly appreciated.

outspoken
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm inclined to believe Williams is Fox's plan to make libertarianism to look like liberalism, guilty by association. All in hopes that neocons don't come to their senses...

BUSHLIED
05-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I believe that as a commentator he can't endorse a candidate and I doubt he would endorse anyone...but the positive comments are a "de facto" "endorsement" of sorts.

NewRightLibertarian
05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Thats sort of what I think too.. he's the Fox news punching bag..

I think he's pretty respected by conservatives even though he's a liberal. He's got integrity IMO and it doesn't surprise me that hes voicing his support for Ron

BlackTerrel
05-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Or maybe Juan Williams is a real person with real opinions and actually likes some of the policies of Ron Paul?

(shocking I know).

The idea that the entire 24/7 news coverage on Fox is solely designed to torpedo Ron Paul is giving them far too much credit.

JJonesMBA
05-26-2011, 11:10 PM
the segment about RP is from 55:15 - 57:08

NewRightLibertarian
05-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Or maybe Juan Williams is a real person with real opinions and actually likes some of the policies of Ron Paul?

(shocking I know).

The idea that the entire 24/7 news coverage on Fox is solely designed to torpedo Ron Paul is giving them far too much credit.

Even a goon like Rove admits that Ron is right about the Federal Reserve. A guy like Juan Williams is simply smart enough to see what Ron Paul says and compare it to the D.C. establishment. The choice is obvious.

chmst1999
05-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Here's the link I just made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap9TRf8VmX8

RonPaulVolunteer
05-27-2011, 12:51 AM
If anyone with the skillz wants to grab this section and put it on YT so we can add it to Ron Paul Flix, go ahead, otherwise I will do it on Sunday.

anaconda
05-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Said he didn't expect Ron to "have much success as a Presidential candidate."

FiannaPaul
05-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Here's the link I just made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap9TRf8VmX8

Thanks

Paulatized
05-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Also, Juan didn't give much props to Ron as a presidential candidate as much as just saying that he's shaping the debate
I'll give this much to Juan he one of the very few I have heard give RP credit for totally shaping the debates taking place this presidential election cycle and I respect him for that. It is an obvious fact that is purposefully ignored by the media. It is amazing how the focus has changed this time to what RP was talking about during his 2008 run. They have all modeled their talking points around the issues Ron brought into the debate. ex. before the 2008 election you never heard anyone but RP mention the Constitution now they all are, but they are only because they realized it resonates with the voting public. Most in the media are afraid to give him any credit for anything for being afraid it will be taken as a positive.

Romulus
05-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Said he didn't expect Ron to "have much success as a Presidential candidate."

That wasn't very nice..... I still smell a rat.... esp when he goes around promoting the idea that 'Ron wants to legalize heroine'... it stinks.. he's setting up RP for easy smears.

Besides, he's a horrible actor.

S.Shorland
05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Watch his tank trap question (You are concerned about Israel,you want to control Israel) to Ron Paul at the first debate and the look he gives to the 'head panellist' when Ron gives a good,though unwanted by them,answer.

jmdrake
05-27-2011, 07:04 PM
In 2007 Juan Williams said on NPR "The extraordinary thing about this race is that there are no antiwar republicans in it." Oh really? (And yes this was after Ron Paul had announced). That said I, appreciate Juan Williams acknowledging Ron as the godfather of the tea party movement and shaping the debates. Juan say he doesn't think Ron can win is a bit dishonest. Ron is easily in 2 or 3rd place consistently these days which means he has a better chance of winning than most other declared GOP candidates including the Fox favorite Herman Cain't. I agree that stressing the heroine comment is problematic, but Juan did do it in conjunction with his "surprise" that conservative South Carolina voters applauded. (He also said that about the Afghan war. That was epic). Anyway, this makes great fodder for pro Ron Paul videos. Don't worry about how our enemies might spin this. Look at how we can spin it.

Crystallas
05-27-2011, 10:19 PM
It was a great speech all around. More than just the Ron Paul plug.

:claps:

HarrySeaward
05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks for posting.

Here's a clip I edited with only the Ron Paul portion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx3xdi7zYaM

BUSHLIED
05-28-2011, 09:02 PM
All of the new coverage of Paul has to be taken into context of the 07-08 election where he is repeatedly slammed, ridiculed, and mocked...the truth is that when he first entered the race in early 2007, he barely polled over 2% and was almost always ignored and if not then dismissed, despite fleeting comments about his passionate supporters and then later, his ability to raise money online. Even after the election, when the post-analysis took hold just before the tea-party exploded, he was generally ignored when talks were given about that election cycle and the dynamics, voting shifts, use of the INTERNET...and so NOW, most of the coverage, while still generally slanted against some of his ideas, he is not being dismissed outright, rather they are letting Ron Paul talk and hoping that he will hang himself I think..regardless, my point is that the coverage this time around has come along way and I doubt anyone prior to the IOWA straw poll is going to say he has a chance to win...the only thing that will make believers out of the media is a victory at the straw poll plus strong fund raising...Ron is going to still need to raise at least 10 million by the end of the summer to go into the fall with enough money to build his campaigns in all four early primary states...the question remains can he still pull that $$ in. Also, a question in the back of my mind is does Ron continue to campaign in all states regardless of his success, he simply cannot give up contention of any state and he is going to need to boat load of money to sustain a fight...