PDA

View Full Version : 7 US Troops Among 9 NATO Dead in Afghanistan IED attack

doodle
05-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Two Afghan police were also killed in blast but AP/ABC did not highlight their loss in headline:

7 US Troops Among 9 NATO Dead in Afghanistan

By DEB RIECHMANN and MIRWAIS KHAN Associated Press
KABUL, Afghanistan May 26, 2011 (AP)

Nine NATO service members were killed Thursday in Afghanistan, including seven U.S. troops among eight who died when a powerful bomb exploded in a field where they were patrolling on foot, officials said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=13691586

moonshineplease
05-26-2011, 05:26 PM
wow. Antiwar did not pick this up yet.

pcosmar
05-26-2011, 05:32 PM
They were obviously someplace they did not belong.

Aliangel
05-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Will any sane person stop this madness, why are these young men and women dying in vain? Stop this vicious cycle, defeat terrorism by Staying out of other people's business. Bring our troops back home where they should be!!

pcosmar
05-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Will any sane person stop this madness, why are these young men and women dying in vain? Stop this vicious cycle, defeat terrorism by Staying out of other people's business. Bring our troops back home where they should be!!

The only sane one running is called a "Kook".
Hell, some folks think I'm crazy.

A very backwards world.

doodle
05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
The only sane one running is called a "Kook".

In defense of media, they are in bed with the "bundlers" who financed Obama's and to a degree even Bush's campaigns.

LisaNY
05-26-2011, 05:55 PM
I support the troops. That's why I want them to come home and never be sent into war again so carelessly.

cindy25
05-26-2011, 07:33 PM
for nothing

doodle
05-27-2011, 02:26 PM
for freedom of afghans?

olehounddog
05-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Had at cashier at Foodlion ask me a while back if I wanted to buy a box of Little Debbie cakes to send our troops. Should have seen the look on her face when I said NO. then I said in a low voice I want to bring them home (my voice gets shakey and my eyes well up when I say these words guess I'm just a big pussy) where they can buy their own Little Debbie cakes. She replied "yea, that would be better.

A Son of Liberty
05-27-2011, 03:03 PM
They were obviously someplace they did not belong.

Yeah. Afghanistan.

doodle
05-27-2011, 09:59 PM
May 26, 2011

A coalition of House Republicans and Democrats voiced its frustration at President Obama's policy in Afghanistan, amassing more than 200 votes on a plan to speed up the withdrawal of U.S. troops.

The move for a quicker exit from Afghanistan was narrowly defeated on a 204-215 vote. In all, 178 Democrats and 26 Republicans voted for the plan by Reps. Jim McGovern, D-Mass., and Walter Jones, R-N.C. Similar legislation last year got 138 votes, with far less GOP support.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/05/afghanistan-withdrawal-house-vote-/1

cindy25
05-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Had at cashier at Foodlion ask me a while back if I wanted to buy a box of Little Debbie cakes to send our troops. Should have seen the look on her face when I said NO. then I said in a low voice I want to bring them home (my voice gets shakey and my eyes well up when I say these words guess I'm just a big pussy) where they can buy their own Little Debbie cakes. She replied "yea, that would be better.

not better for Foodlion, they would lose the sales of all those cakes

doodle
05-27-2011, 11:46 PM
In unrelated news, commander in chief who sent them is doing his duties in ping pong sports:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/5/24/1306265609116/Obama-and-Cameron-play-ta-007.jpg

Anti Federalist
05-27-2011, 11:56 PM

No, that is the natural respoonse of anybody that has their humanity and empathy intact.

In today's Bizarro World, you're right, that's called "pussy".

Just as Pete pointed out, it's the same thing as calling the only sane man in politics addressing this nonsense "insane" and a "kook".

Pericles
05-28-2011, 10:28 AM
In today's Bizarro World, you're right, that's called "pussy".

Just as Pete pointed out, it's the same thing as calling the only sane man in politics addressing this nonsense "insane" and a "kook".

And the world has Roger "only a crazy person would vote for Perot" Ailes to thank for that. When a trick works, everybody wants to use it.

olehounddog
05-28-2011, 10:42 AM
not better for Foodlion, they would lose the sales of all those cakes

Plus tax deductions

Meatwasp
05-28-2011, 11:18 AM

+10000

GuerrillaXXI
05-28-2011, 01:34 PM
No, that is the natural respoonse of anybody that has their humanity and empathy intact.

In today's Bizarro World, you're right, that's called "pussy".I've long thought that a lot of the pro-war cheerleading in the US gets momentum from a widespread, toxic misunderstanding of what manhood is all about. You guys have hit on it pretty well: too many people think that a real man has to be callous. You need to be pro-war, approve of police brutality (and generally back the stronger side in any conflict), enjoy watching all the "right" sports, hate cats (or anything cute), love motorcycles, drink lots of beer, and all that rot.

Well, to me manhood is partly about physical strength, but it's also about having the mental strength to be one's own person. A truly strong man doesn't feel the need to impress or justify his manhood to others, since he's confident in his masculinity -- it's simply not in question. The phony man thinks slapping women around or kicking a cat makes him manly. The real man kicks the phony man's ass for doing those things, since he feels that a strong man like himself has a duty to protect the weak.

doodle
05-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I've long thought that a lot of the pro-war cheerleading in the US gets momentum from a widespread, toxic misunderstanding of what manhood is all about...

Geoege Carlin says something like this too..he had a superhit standup show on this.

doodle
05-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Violence is escalating as summer approaches:

Taliban suicide bomber in police uniform injures Nato general, kills 7 others

A police uniformed bomber has struck a top level meeting injuring NATO general and killing 7 others including top Afghan Police commander, 2 German soldiers:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/29/markus-kneip-daoud-bomb-nato

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13586357