PDA

View Full Version : Radio Station IN Kentucky to discuss Rand vs. Mitch (Now with link)

BamaFanNKy
05-26-2011, 04:23 PM
http://socialstreamingplayer.crystalmedianetworks.com/radio/wkct?from=external

sailingaway
05-26-2011, 04:33 PM
They'd better be on good behavior.

About Rand. They can completely trash McConnell, and welcome.

When will it be on?

Lucille
05-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm listening.

Some of the reason commenters (http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/26/mitch-mcconnell-comes-out-agai) thought McConnell's anti-gun stance would really hurt him when he comes up for re-election. Do you agree?

sailingaway
05-26-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm listening.

Some of the reason commenters (http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/26/mitch-mcconnell-comes-out-agai) thought McConnell's anti-gun stance would really hurt him when he comes up for re-election. Do you agree?

I think McConnell's anti RAND position might well be enough, passing him over for the banking committee, shooting down his amendment w Leahy, etc etc etc

TheTyke
05-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Having Rand in the Senate and CFL's actions are getting these frauds on record.... the backlash against McConnell for opposing the Fed Audit, Rand's election, committee assignments, gun rights, etc. is building. Moffett almost winning despite being outspent 10 to 1 also unnerved them. McC has hired someone to meet with all the Tea Parties and find out how to mollify them... so he's already worried and working on it. Will they fall for it? Who knows, but lots of people are becoming aware now, and 2014 will be very interesting.

sailingaway
05-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Well, Rand certainly seems in demand!

Does this station always have more commercials than program?

sailingaway
05-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Having Rand in the Senate and CFL's actions are getting these frauds on record.... the backlash against McConnell for opposing the Fed Audit, Rand's election, committee assignments, gun rights, etc. is building. Moffett almost winning despite being outspent 10 to 1 also unnerved them. McC has hired someone to meet with all the Tea Parties and find out how to mollify them... so he's already worried and working on it. Will they fall for it? Who knows, but lots of people are becoming aware now, and 2014 will be very interesting.

He's going to have to deal with Rand I suspect. They (the squishes) always want to do something showy that means nothing. Tea partiers want substantive change.

If we get enough GOP senators, it might even be worth having a Dem in McConnell's seat, particularly if it gives us De Mint for a Majority leader (when the time comes.)

Lucille
05-26-2011, 04:47 PM
So many ads!

So the tea party guy thought Rand didn't do enough, and then someone called in really pissed about the TP guy's attitude, and then what happened?

Someone needs to tell the radio host that the housing market is in a Depression (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/residential-real-estate-week-review-or-i-told-you-we%E2%80%99re-real-estate-depression-msm-just-catc).

I guess the PA discussion is over.

sailingaway
05-26-2011, 05:00 PM
So are they done? I think I've had my year's worth of ads....

TheTyke
05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
He's going to have to deal with Rand I suspect. They (the squishes) always want to do something showy that means nothing. Tea partiers want substantive change.

I hope so.... Although I don't condemn Rand for it, Randy was right that he could have made the difference in Moffett's race. True, Moffett didn't have the background to trust absolutely, and some of his people attacked Rand even before he was elected... so maybe that soured Rand to the whole thing. But I am worried that his reading of politics will hold him from endorsing primary candidates running against incumbents... I think Ron avoids those in TX too.

So we need a very good candidate, we need money... and don't think we can count on Rand's endorsement/fundraising. But it's a race we could win if the conditions were right.

Brett85
05-26-2011, 05:36 PM

That's probably why McConnell actually voted for Rand's budget. But McConnell didn't earn any points with the tea party after the stunt he pulled regarding the Patriot Act.