PDA

View Full Version : In-state tuition rates OK'd for undocumented

Schifference
05-26-2011, 03:06 PM
In-state tuition rates OK'd for undocumented

BY PAUL HUGHES REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN
HARTFORD — Carolina and Camilia Bortolleto live less than 10 minutes from Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, where they attended city schools.

Yet, the twin sisters had to pay much higher out-of-state tuition rates because their parents brought them into the country illegally from Brazil 13 years ago.

"We didn't choose to come here. We are being punished for a decision we really didn't make, even though we have grown up in Connecticut all of our lives," said Carolina Bortolleto.

The Senate spent most of Tuesday debating legislation that would permit students without legal immigration status to pay in-state tuition rates to attend public colleges and universities here.
http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2011/05/25/news/local/560200.txt

Schifference
05-26-2011, 03:07 PM
This gives illegal aliens preferential treatment over legal citizens from other states.

gls
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
CT is going down the tubes at a record pace. I'm just glad I rent instead of own, because I want out and can't imagine who would buy a house in this state.

The best (worst) part is not only will taxpayer's now have to subsidize illegal immigrant's college tuition, but they'll continue to get preferential treatment in the admissions process.

eduardo89
05-26-2011, 04:37 PM
I should have gone to college in CT! I could go there illegally, get instate tuition prices and I'd probably get preferential treatment getting in for being Hispanic (even though I don't look it at all, blue eyes, blond hair and all)

VBRonPaulFan
05-26-2011, 04:42 PM
wow, that is fucking ridiculous. if you wanna pay the in-state rates (because you've lived there all your lives), work towards citizenship. just another on a long list of incentives given to people to come here illegally.