PDA

View Full Version : Cracked: Child Protective Services That Operate Like the Mob

Lucille
05-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Child Protective Services That Operate Like the Mob (http://www.cracked.com/article_18884_the-7-most-horrifying-cost-cutting-measures-all-time.html#ixzz1NSzMqAdH)

But when a senator from Georgia admits that the organization tears families apart to hurriedly adopt children off for huge wads of cash, well, that's when CPS starts to look less like a government agency and more like a human trafficking ring.
[...]
The problem seems to lie with laws like the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997. According to it, for each child adopted into a foster family, the responsible state receives $4,000 to $6,000, with an additional $20 million bonus if it exceeds the average number of adoptions from previous years, which turns the practice of protecting children into a nationwide pie-eating contest.
[...]
Consider that, a few years ago, CPS employee Pat Moore was fired for refusing to put a child in a foster home simply because everyone in the foster family had a felony conviction, and the family occasionally hired a convicted sex offender to babysit. But hey, at least none of them had been convicted of genocide yet.
[...]
If you still don't buy the mob analogy, consider this: When Vanessa Shanks' child was taken away and she fought the decision in court, CPS responded rationally by taking away children of her relatives, and after Shanks finally won in court, they took away her attorney's children. And to think they could have saved themselves so much time by simply offering Shanks "child insurance."

roho76
05-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Sickening. I will not hesitate to protect my children from these fucks should one ever show up on my door.