PDA

View Full Version : Results of Oct 27th New haven Ron Pauloween Event

freedominnumbers
10-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the chipin.

We were able to get more than enough pumpkins and supplies. Through a generous donation from a local C-Town grocery store refreshments were provided.

The event had a lower than expected turnout because of light to heavy rain most of the day. We still had many people come through and paint pumpkins under our large tent. The rain made it impossible to have live music as planned.

We were able to inform many new people about Ron Paul and more importantly created a strong association between Ron Paul and good will towards the community.

We had about 100 extra pumpkins thanks to the rain. We discovered that a Babies R Us store was having a children's costume parade today so we arranged with the store to distribute the remaining pumpkins outside. Credit must be given to the store because they allowed us to do this without prior approval from corporate.

I think this Babies R Us pumpkin giveaway was very successful. Most of the target audience were women with children. The majority had not heard of Dr. Paul and because we were performing an act of good will to the community (giving away pumpkins) we didn't get a single negative comment all day.

Our strategy was to not mention issues at all. We simply asked if they would like to pick out a free pumpkin and told them that the pumpkins were courtesy of Ron Paul for President. We gave the parents a slim jim (new style which doesn't mention abortion or guns) to go with their pumpkins and wished them a good day.

No negative comments, lots of smiles and thank yous. The best part is they'll likely tell others that Presidential candidate Ron Paul gave them a pumpkin.

terlinguatx
10-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Geronimo
10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks for doing this!

Shink
10-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Well done. Lemons--->Lemonade probably got you to touch a totally different demographic.

margomaps
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the good work, man! This is the kind of stuff that might seem small at the time, but I believe can make a big difference in getting Ron's name out there in a positive light.

shepburn
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
good work! I donated to this cause and I'm glad to hear a good report like this.

It inspires me to continue to donate!

vegetarianrpfan
10-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Great to hear, and nice job on the slim-jims. The old ones weren't good at all for Democratic-leaning voters.

---------------------
Sorority Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ