PDA

View Full Version : A Change in Perspective

AndrewD
05-26-2011, 04:13 AM
You know what, lately i've been pretty critical of Ron and how he portrays his views to the MSM. This wasn't out of spite, but out of a hope that more political correctness will help him win. I say that because I want it known that my intentions have always been the best; I just want the guy in the Oval Office.

But I have to say, after seeing Rand on the Senate floor, steadfast and unwavering in the face of adversity, I have recieved a changed perspective. Rand (and Ron for that matter) did not get elected to play partisan games or water things down in the hopes that they will become more "electable". How easy would it have been for him to just go with the flow and let the bill pass through without even blinking an eye? But that's not what the Paul family is about.

So you know what? F*** it. Go on Ron, do your thing. No matter what you say they're gonna keep throwing mud and hope it sticks. So stand up for what you believe in and don't back down to the Harry Reids, Sean Hannitys, and Joe Liebermans out there. I still want him in office more than ever. But look how much progress has been made already. The "failed" 08 run helped catapult Rand into the Senate, and he is already doing some serious damage to the establishment. So i'm seeing the bigger picture and noticing that the small steps towards liberty aren't so small afterall. And that motivates me.

For the majority of you i'm preachin' to the choir. But guess what, the choir don't go home after the worship session, they stick around and listen to the sermon. So here it is folks, from my new perspective. :cool:

CaptUSA
05-26-2011, 05:47 AM
I hear ya on both accounts, Andrew.

He has a way of answering questions with a shock soundbite and then follows it up with a rational explanation. However, when the statements are discussed in the press, all they hear is the soundbite.

It's really a problem with the press and not with Paul, but like you saw in another thread, it's not as important to be right as it is to be influential. And the press will weaken that influence.

So we're all conflicted, I think. We like to hear it like it is and we get motivated, but we also want to bring in the less-interested people.