PDA

View Full Version : DailyCaller has gone to trash...

specsaregood
05-25-2011, 09:04 PM
When the DC first came out I had hope that we would have a popular site that would be somewhat on our side or at least be a decent site to read for news.

And for awhile it was....but I stopped going there a month or so ago as I realized it was mainly worthless crap. But I figured I would go there tonight to see if they had anything to say about this patriot act bruhaha. Funny to see not one mention of it on their homepage. I scanned through the main page and couldn't find even one thing I felt like clicking on. oh well... oh wait, maybe I'll click on "Bill O'Reilly calls Lady Gaga a 'patriot'", naw I'll just wait for agorism to make a thread about it here.

Jay Tea
05-25-2011, 09:41 PM
The Texas thing is at the top of their US section, though.

freshjiva
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Tucker Carlson has disappointed. He was a strong libertarian and supporter of Ron Paul. Now he allows a lot of smear hit pieces of Ron Paul on his website.

I understand he's not trying to demagogue and wants to allow people to write freely, but he has also failed to even mention Ron Paul the numerous times he's been invited on Hannity's show to discuss 2012 Presidential politics.

specsaregood
05-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I checkedthe sit for the hell of it and it appears that except for a tiny little link to an AP article talking about how the patriot act passed just in time, the DC completely ignored the whole patriot act renewal process. what a shame.

Kludge
05-26-2011, 07:21 PM
I was regularly viewing since it came out, but stopped ~2 mo ago for the same reason. Stories were either very partisan or non-political in nature. Some of the slanted stories were interesting to read, but I finally just gave in to reading just the dreary AP reports for general political news.

It was an interesting idea.

Cowlesy
05-26-2011, 07:21 PM
No kidding. I have not enjoyed reading the DC lately, though they do have some good expose pieces every week. The last few days it seemed like Congresscritters were falling all over themselves to post op-eds on it defending Israel. You'd think that country was on the brink of washing into the sea.

Meanwhile, Lady Liberty takes one in the dooker today on the re-authorization of the "Patriot" Act.

But that's certainly not a big priority for most of them.

R3volutionJedi
05-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Tucker Carlson has disappointed. He was a strong libertarian and supporter of Ron Paul. Now he allows a lot of smear hit pieces of Ron Paul on his website.

I understand he's not trying to demagogue and wants to allow people to write freely, but he has also failed to even mention Ron Paul the numerous times he's been invited on Hannity's show to discuss 2012 Presidential politics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carlson was threatened. :/

specsaregood
05-26-2011, 07:25 PM
I was regularly viewing since it came out, but stopped ~2 mo ago for the same reason. Stories were either very partisan or non-political in nature. Some of the slanted stories were interesting to read, but I finally just gave in to reading just the dreary AP reports for general political news.

It was an interesting idea.
good to hear it isn't just me.

Meanwhile, Lady Liberty takes one in the dooker today on the re-authorization of the "Patriot" Act.
But that's certainly not a big priority for most of them.
yeah,but i woulda thought it newsworthy and relevent to their audience.

Cowlesy
05-26-2011, 07:27 PM
By the way, I know most here are not Conservatives, but if you want to read great new stuff daily, check out The American Conservative's website www.amconmag.com I know it looks very 2001'ish, but they always have outstanding articles and posts.

specsaregood
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
bump for recent relevance.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?302289-Daily-Caller-Youth-must-wake-up-to-the-threat-of-Islamism-(be-afraid...of-Ron-Paul!)

total waste of a site now
tucker can eat a bag of 9000 penises

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 09:51 PM
By the way, I know most here are not Conservatives, but if you want to read great new stuff daily, check out The American Conservative's website www.amconmag.com I know it looks very 2001'ish, but they always have outstanding articles and posts.

I like them too. I'm not sure you're right that most here aren't conservative, the way they are.

Danke
07-07-2011, 09:55 PM
bump for recent relevance.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?302289-Daily-Caller-Youth-must-wake-up-to-the-threat-of-Islamism-(be-afraid...of-Ron-Paul!)

total waste of a site now
tucker can eat a bag of 9000 penises

How did you come up with that figure, 9000?

specsaregood
07-07-2011, 09:57 PM

it was nice and BIG, just like tucker likes em.

specsaregood
07-07-2011, 10:21 PM

Oh and Danke, just for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrXwYhwicg

SimpleName
07-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Did you think it would last? They have just become another figure in mainstream media. Another infected source of news. One person writes junk which enables another which enables another and so on. Soon enough you get a bunch of like-minded junk-writers. This is my theory on why the media sucks. Its a social phenomena. Too many of the same types of people around each other. They wind up progressively pulling in more ideologically similar folks. Then it becomes one big mainstream junkfest. My theory. Thank you. Goodnight.

Danke
07-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Oh and Danke, just for you:

I knew there'd be a logical explanation. Wonder what satchelmcqueen thinks about this Oprah's broadcast?

Cowlesy
07-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Looks like another YAF'r is trying to demonstrate relevancy by attacking Ron using snippets of discussions, thereby losing all context.

Shocker!!!

Look at it this way, if that's the best they can do, we're winning.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-08-2011, 07:31 AM
I understand he's not trying to demagogue and wants to allow people to write freely, but he has also failed to even mention Ron Paul the numerous times he's been invited on Hannity's show to discuss 2012 Presidential politics.This happens a lot of times when the media is your 'friend'. They'll beat up on you specifically or try and push you away publicly because they don't want to be accused of being unbiased.