PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Straitjacket Bush & Cheney

Jeffboste
10-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Should George W. Bush and Dick Cheney be treated as criminals or treated like psychotics and put in straitjackets?

http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=807

Based on an LaTimes article.

quickmike
10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I dont think Bush should be put in a straight jacket, but Cheney definitely should. He is the true neo-con running the show. Bush got elected having no idea how he would run foreign policy, so when things went ape-shit, he just went to uncle Dick and asked what he should do. Cheney wanted this all along and Bush, well, he just twiddles his thumbs and plays video games all day.

Bush isnt crazy in my opinion................

just very very incompetent.

Shink
10-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Should George W. Bush and Dick Cheney be treated as criminals or treated like psychotics and put in straitjackets?

http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=807

Based on an LaTimes article.

CRIMINALS. I can't think of any aspect in which I wouldn't consider them criminals/crooks/murderers/tyrants.

WillInMiami
10-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Yet another brilliant post that will surely alienate the very same Republican party base that we need to win over in order for Ron Paul to win the primaries...

I give up. It seems like the most vocal, active Ron Paul supporters are the ones that will keep him from ever having a chance to win the primaries...

Jeffboste
10-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Yet another brilliant post that will surely alienate the very same Republican party base that we need to win over in order for Ron Paul to win the primaries...

I give up. It seems like the most vocal, active Ron Paul supporters are the ones that will keep him from ever having a chance to win the primaries...

Don't give up. Ron stands for honesty. His message is what people are fighting for. Ron stands the best chance in the party because he's the only honest candidate who is says it as it is. If they want the same of what we've had for the last 7 years there is plenty of them. He's articulated what he stands for and will not change to pacify or pander to voters. There is no reason to fear, the truth will set you free. Better to have and live with a clear conscious, than to vote for warmongering people - all candidates.

FreedomLover
10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
NO

terlinguatx
10-28-2007, 05:38 PM

Jeffboste
10-28-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm all for a straightjacket for the two. I should probably be put in one as well for voting for them in 2000. They would probably thank us for it later too, because it'd keep their aproval ratings from eventually reaching single digits. They manage to screw up even the smallest things, like the fake press conference with FEMA the other day --- completely retarded/crazy/evil.

I love your Honesty, don't worry I voted for him the first time. Did not do it the second time. One arm in the Straightjacket.

dsigmann
10-28-2007, 08:17 PM
WillInMiami,

I, for one, don't have a problem with the statement....and am not alienated. I think it's a fair rhetorical question, if you look at the facts. We shouldn't be overly sensitive to Bush supporters. For the good and betterment of this country, I think all Republicans need to realize the irreparable damage that this administration has done to us all. The past 7 years have been scandalous; it's incompetence of historic proportions. If we're to move beyond the mess we're going to inherit in Jan 2009, we need to face the reality.

I don't believe, for a moment, that the author of the poll is being literal about Bush or Cheney being psychotic or criminal....any more than Colbert is serious about his candidacy. The question is rhetorical, satirical and dramatic...meant only to illustrate a point of extreme frustration. That said, the responses DO provide a sense of what people are feeling....and that should be taken seriously.

Don't give up...continue to do what you're doing. That's how we all bring about the change we so desperately need.