PDA

View Full Version : Can we be more patriotic?

rpfreedom08
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
I drove down to new orleans for voodoo fest and realized that a huge percentage of people out there driving had american flags, support our troops ribbins, and other pro America bumer stickers. Then I got to thinking about how I (and maybe I'm completely wrong on this) seem to see a trend with ron paul supporters. This trend seems to be more Anti things, pro revolution, and pro cool then really comming off as THE most American candidate that people can vote for. I think we need to start waving alot more american flags, alot more support our troops ribbons and I think we should start making bumper stickers that say "support our troops, Vote ron paul".

It seems like people are very pro America (of course) but they have no idea who to vote for. I didn't see one person with a presidential candidate bumper sticker. Lets show people who the true american really is and who really supports our troops.

rpfreedom08
10-28-2007, 04:42 PM
bump

terlinguatx
10-28-2007, 04:52 PM

honkywill
10-28-2007, 04:52 PM
we should start making bumper stickers that say "support our troops, Vote ron paul".

I have thought this same thing many times before.

terlinguatx
10-28-2007, 04:56 PM

wgadget
10-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Go to Dollar General and pick up a few cheap flags to take with you to your next sign waving. We had one up this weekend.

Alabama Supporter
10-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Yes, we need patriotic gear to go with the RP gear. I've thought about this too.

Nate K
10-28-2007, 04:59 PM
very good point, there should ALWAYS be a large American flag waving at any rally, event, etc.

Drknows
10-28-2007, 05:04 PM
I put a Flag Lapel Pin on my V costume.

just joking

rpfreedom08
10-28-2007, 05:12 PM
ok good I'm glad we are all thinking about this. I think this will get alot more people seriously thinking about Ron Paul as the TRUE american.

Roxi
10-28-2007, 08:36 PM
great idea whats the cheapest place to do bumper stickers

Primbs
10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I would get all the authentic American revolution flags and use them as well.

JPFromTally
10-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I like this flag:

http://www.codeodor.com/images/dont_tread_on_me.gif

ladyliberty
10-28-2007, 08:51 PM
http://eats.beloblog.com/archives/American%20flag%20sugar%20cookies.JPG

Bake a few of these to give away - along with Mrs. Paul's Chocolate Chip Cookies

surf
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
how about this:
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/9/7/6/4/highres_2438756.jpeg

constituent
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
just make sure you fly them upside down so that everyone will know the country is in danger (kidding, please don't).

libertarian4321
10-29-2007, 02:44 AM
I drove down to new orleans for voodoo fest and realized that a huge percentage of people out there driving had american flags, support our troops ribbins, and other pro America bumer stickers. Then I got to thinking about how I (and maybe I'm completely wrong on this) seem to see a trend with ron paul supporters. This trend seems to be more Anti things, pro revolution, and pro cool then really comming off as THE most American candidate that people can vote for. I think we need to start waving alot more american flags, alot more support our troops ribbons and I think we should start making bumper stickers that say "support our troops, Vote ron paul".

It seems like people are very pro America (of course) but they have no idea who to vote for. I didn't see one person with a presidential candidate bumper sticker. Lets show people who the true american really is and who really supports our troops.

I'll put a "support the troops" ribbon on my car if you can get me one that says "support the troops, bring them home".

I'm a real patriot, not a fake- I'll leave the flag lapel pins, excessive flag waving, "freedom fries", ribbons, and other symbolic BS to the neocon chickenhawks.

-- a soldier for Ron Paul

tfelice
10-29-2007, 04:53 AM
I'll put a "support the troops" ribbon on my car if you can get me one that says "support the troops, bring them home".

I'm a real patriot, not a fake- I'll leave the flag lapel pins, excessive flag waving, "freedom fries", ribbons, and other symbolic BS to the neocon chickenhawks.

-- a soldier for Ron Paul

I've flown a flag outside of my house for 20 years and I have a lapel pin for my sportcoats. Does that make me a "neocon chickenhawk"?

rpfreedom08
10-29-2007, 05:22 AM
No it doesn't and there is nothing wrong with flying the american flag. We finally have something to be proud of so I think we need to show the rest of the world just how American Ron Paul really is. Once people start drawing a connection between Ron Paul and a true American and what this really means I have a feeling people (older people) will start fallowing him in droves.

I just think as of now there are more people supporting the revolution idea (not completely a bad thing) but to some of the older folks it's just not what they are looking for. They are looking for a true american to vote for. So if we could just start encorporating more American flags at ron paul events I just think it would work for our benefit. Instead seeing a bunch of enthusiastic people support a man for "revolution" they will see young Americans supporting a presidential candidate for change!

rpfreedom08
10-29-2007, 05:26 AM
how about this:
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/9/7/6/4/highres_2438756.jpeg

in the best boris voice I can come up with "Thass nice" :)