PDA

View Full Version : Hate to Even Ask, But Have We Already Won?

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
10-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Assuming no funny business with primary ballots, aren't we already winning in some states? We all know the polls are fixed or outdated. They ask "likely republican voters" or "past republican voters." But Ron Paul continuously does amazingly well at almost every straw poll where another candidate has not dumped tons of money (Romney in Iowa).

Aren't the straw poll voters, all or 98% of them going to show up at the primaries? Am I wrong here, or do tons of people go to the primaries but ignore straw polls? It just seems to me that our popularity/notoriety is on a constant upswing, and we normally score in the top 3 on straw polls. Doesn't 7.4% in NH mean realistically that at least 15% support Ron Paul?

Now we certainly need to push as hard as we can, but aren't we in much better shape than the MSM and other candidates would have us believe? Shouldn't we be acting like our guy IS the front-runner for the primaries? If people don't know who Ron Paul is by the end of this primary season, they probably aren't going to vote in the primaries anyway.

Maybe I am naive here in thinking the Neo-cons will let us take back what is rightfully ours.....

brumans
10-28-2007, 04:15 PM
If the primaries were held tomorrow Ron Paul would NOT win the republican nomination.

We have 3 months and we need to work hard.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Good point. Maybe I got a bit too excited with that thought. It just seems that we are doing much better than even Dr. Paul might think. Some of us comment on how Dr. Paul needs to be more assertive in confident in our victory. I think the recent media attention and fundraising success are grounds for more confidence.

When people ask "Who is Ron Paul?" it should almost be like, "You don't know who Ron Paul is??" as if they were grossly behind the times.

filmmaker58
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
He needs delagates. this is a bit of a process, and a bit of planning and strategy are required. We have a lot of work to do.

paulitics
10-28-2007, 04:20 PM
sorry I disagree. Straw polls show who has the most activists, phone polls show who has the most idiots. Idiots far outnumber activists. The primaries include a combination of both.

jblosser
10-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Am I wrong here, or do tons of people go to the primaries but ignore straw polls?

YES. Most of these straw polls are numbering in the dozens, sometimes hundreds; the primaries number in the millions. We are nowhere NEAR done yet.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
10-28-2007, 05:06 PM
YES. Most of these straw polls are numbering in the dozens, sometimes hundreds; the primaries number in the millions. We are nowhere NEAR done yet.

Geez, I feel dumb. Sorry for my naivete. We need to keep working!!! $100 on Nov. 5th from me and then $25 a week there on out. Plus, if I can swing it $50 for Veterans' Day

Ron Paul Fan
10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Is Ron Paul President of the United States? No? Then we haven't won.

Nate K
10-28-2007, 05:26 PM
always ALWAYS be the underdog.

ross11988
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Is Ron Paul President of the United States? No? Then we haven't won.

well stated

Adamsa
10-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Always assume we have work to do until he is actually in the Oval office.