PDA

View Full Version : 5/24/11: Romney, Huntsman and 2012

mconder
05-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Audio (http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kuer/news.newsmain/article/184/0/1806609/RadioWest.(M-F..11AM..and..7PM)/52411.Romney..Huntsman.and.2012)

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH (KUER) - Mormonism is making headlines again in the Republican presidential race. In 2008, there were a lot of questions about Mitt Romney's membership in the LDS Church. Romney's thrown his hat in the ring again, but chances are he won't be alone. Utah's own Jon Huntsman hasn't officially declared, but he's just off a 5-day tour of early primary state New Hampshire. Tuesday, we're talking about the 2012 prospects for Romney and Huntsman and what being "Mormon" means to them and to American voters.

mconder
05-25-2011, 09:53 AM
If you listen to the audio, they say that their counting on the tea party exuberance to kinda play itself out.

freshjiva
05-25-2011, 10:03 AM
I actually hope Huntsman joins the party. He will take votes away from Romney, weakening him even more.
There really couldn't be a better time for Ron Paul to win than now.

RileyE104
05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH (KUER) - Mormonism is making headlines again in the Republican presidential race. In 2008, there were a lot of questions about Mitt Romney's membership in the LDS Church. Romney's thrown his hat in the ring again, but chances are he won't be alone. Utah's own Jon Huntsman hasn't officially declared, but he's just off a 5-day tour of early primary state New Hampshire. Tuesday, we're talking about the 2012 prospects for Romney and Huntsman and what being "Mormon" means to them and to American voters.

Huntsman is to Romney as Johnson is to Paul? Only difference is that Huntsman and Romney seem to be working together.

I guess the plus side is that Huntsman could steal votes from Romney while Johnson most likely wont steal votes from Paul when it comes to crunch time.

iamse7en
05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for sharing this. Also a bit more interesting to a Mormon, such as myself.