PDA

View Full Version : Beck was a second away from slamming Rand

payme_rick
05-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Anyone catch this?

Beck was wondering why Rand wasn't there to see Netanyahu (sp?) speak yesterday, seemed disturbed by it... They said it was in protest of Harry Reid etc... but wanted to hear from Rand's people as to why... Stew said he had contacted his people and they Rand had heard 'Yahu speak Monday... Beck didn't like that excuse... They went to break... Came back after break and had gotten the full reason why Rand had skipped and Beck agreed with why Rand had done it...

Sucks you have to offer Beck an explanation as to why you didn't come and kiss Israel's ass...

Oh, and apparently Beck still supports financial aid to Israel just for the record... said he's "almost there with Rand" on that (not financially supporting Israel etc..)...

Sola_Fide
05-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Major facepalm. For the life of me I do not understand this Israel worship....

Wren
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Anyone notice when John Boner called Bibi "his excellency" when he introduced him?

jrskblx125
05-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Can we ever get a difinitive reason why we kiss israels ass? Im just dumbfounded and cant figure it out!

Koz
05-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Beck is Jewish now, so he is pro Israel now. I heard it too.

Endgame
05-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Can we ever get a difinitive reason why we kiss israels ass? Im just dumbfounded and cant figure it out!

Of all the things the American right is bout, this is the most irrational and destructive.

TheDriver
05-25-2011, 09:44 AM

All of the worship is making me like them less, and I've always somewhat supported Israel. But this sick fucking joke I see before my eyes, where people are bowing to Israel makes me sick! Last I checked, they're not part of our Republic.

freshjiva
05-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Rand Paul really is his father's son. I am fully convinced he and Ron are ideologically identical.
He's going to have a phenomenal career as a Senator. I'm pumped to see what he can do in 2016 and beyond.

COpatriot
05-25-2011, 10:25 AM
All of the worship is making me like them less, and I've always somewhat supported Israel. But this sick fucking joke I see before my eyes, where people are bowing to Israel makes me sick! Last I checked, they're not part of our Republic.

It's beyond grotesque. The fact that you have to basically caress the buttocks of another country in another hemisphere to have even a whiff of a chance at getting elected president in this country should tell you that something is wrong. Why is nobody bothered that a foreign lobbying group like AIPAC is a behemoth among all lobbies in Washington? This is extremely dangerous but there are too many idiots in the general electorate and even in our government (Bachmann) who think the way we treat Israel will determine our level of well-being and prosperity. Sickening. I always like ask the Israel-firsters I know "Where is Israel in the constitution?" They hate that.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Fuck Israel. America First.

JoshLowry
05-25-2011, 10:28 AM

Catch more flies... :D

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Catch more flies... :D

Yes, yes I know Josh. Just venting my frustration at the traitors in DC.

KingRobbStark
05-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I bet 1 billion out of the 3 billion we give Israel goes back to bribing our politicians.

COpatriot
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM

Rep

specsaregood
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM

You are not alone.

ravedown
05-25-2011, 10:46 AM
beck may say he understands cutting aid to israel, but he would never promote it...he's in some sort of obsessed state right now and i think it has to do with his mormon faith, atonement or his belief in revelations etc. his message about israel is the center of everything on both shows- someone really got inside his head on his recent travels. as a result he's really alienating his casual listeners...i expect his ratings to plummet.

The Dark Knight
05-25-2011, 10:47 AM
the reason people love Israel so much is because they Mis interpret the Bible.

COpatriot
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM
beck may say he understands cutting aid to israel, but he would never promote it...he's in some sort of obsessed state right now and i think it has to do with his mormon faith, atonement or his belief in revelations etc. his message about israel is the center of everything on both shows- someone really got inside his head on his recent travels. as a result he's really alienating his casual listeners...i expect his ratings to plummet.

He's claiming to do what god is telling him to do, and when someone thinks they're that important, there's typically no turning back.

ExPatPaki
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Pretty cool how Netanyahoo got more standing ovations than Obama at the SOTU.

YumYum
05-25-2011, 11:03 AM

Israelis are victims of their government. You don't really mean that?

specsaregood
05-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Israelis are victims of their government. You don't really mean that?

He didn't say anything about Israelis.

DGambler
05-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Screw Beck, he's controlled opposition... he used that "almost there" line on his radio show back in 2008 about Ron. He's a piece of sh*t that feeds people just enough of the truth to make it look like he is on the people's side.

YumYum
05-25-2011, 11:08 AM
He didn't say anything about Israelis.

You are right. But my point is that all governments abuse their citizens.

Cowlesy
05-25-2011, 11:10 AM

It really is getting to the point where it's creepy. And it's been relentless.

Romulus
05-25-2011, 11:14 AM
See Liberty Defined's chapter on Demagogues.

Fuck Beck.

AndrewD
05-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I bet Joe Lieberman is just GUSHING in his pants right now.

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-25-2011, 11:15 AM
It helps to think of AIPAC, Beck, Boehner, Reid and the other sycophants as Israel Fisters. Do that and you'll never be able to look at those goofy fucks the same way again without busting into gales of laughter about 'Fisting'.....

specsaregood
05-25-2011, 11:18 AM
You are right. But my point is that all governments abuse their citizens.

Which is completely irrelevent to AED's comment. So why did you quote him and twist his statement?

YumYum
05-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Which is completely irrelevent to AED's comment. So why did you quote him and twist his statement?

I agree with Ron Paul. I don't trust government. Do you guys remember Eugenekoph? His moniker was a dig a gentiles. In Yiddish we call gentiles "goyisheh kopf". That is as bad as the "N" word. It is a real low blow. A goyisheh kopf is someone who is easily duped.

sirgonzo420
05-25-2011, 11:29 AM

Because jews own "our" governments, banks, and media?

Philhelm
05-25-2011, 11:33 AM
I've never had a problem against Israel, but the current Israel-worship is getting a bit creepy. I recall the Vice Presidential debate between Biden and Palin and how it was odd that fifteen to twenty minutes was spent sucking Israel's teet. I was wondering for which nation they were running for office.

I got into a heated argument with my father about Israel yesterday. He thinks we can't abandon the world because Muslims will conquer everthing, and that Israel is our friend. Frustrating.

YumYum
05-25-2011, 11:38 AM
I've never had a problem against Israel, but the current Israel-worship is getting a bit creepy. I recall the Vice Presidential debate between Biden and Palin and how it was odd that fifteen to twenty minutes was spent sucking Israel's teet. I was wondering for which nation they were running for office.

I got into a heated argument with my father about Israel yesterday. He thinks we can't abandon the world because Muslims will conquer everthing, and that Israel is our friend. Frustrating.

I agree with you, totally. But you can't hate Jews because of Israel's corrupt government. There are a lot of Jews who are really pissed at how the Israeli government is treating the Palestinians. I am on the Jewish blogs and I am following this stuff moment by moment. Its not what you guys think. I'll keep you updated.

manny229
05-25-2011, 11:40 AM

+ Rep According to Beck this might make me unpatriotic or anti semetic but: "I stand with my country... the USA... ONLY". I am the son of immigrants who have put their adoptive country (USA) above their former countries, my father being from a former Facist country.
I can't stand watching Beck anymore. Like Cowsley said he's become creepy in his support of a foreign nation.

specsaregood
05-25-2011, 11:40 AM
I agree with Ron Paul. I don't trust government. Do you guys remember Eugenekoph? His moniker was a dig a gentiles. In Yiddish we call gentiles "goyisheh kopf". That is as bad as the "N" word. It is a real low blow. A goyisheh kopf is someone who is easily duped.

Way to avoid the question, you attempted to smear AED by twisting his comment into an attack on the people of Israel which he did no such thing. now you try to back away from it with some misdirection. effing troll.

YumYum
05-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Way to avoid the question, you attempted to smear AED by twisting his comment into an attack on the people of Israel which he did no such thing. now you try to back away from it with some misdirection. effing troll.

No...I didn't. My God man, do you realize what the Israeli government is doing? Do you realize how people are becoming inflamed when they read this stuff? I don't want people to hate Jews. I don't know what to say. I am not a bad person. God, I'd give you guys the shirt off of my back...I mean it. Jews are not evil people.

Philhelm
05-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree with you, totally. But you can't hate Jews because of Israel's corrupt government. There are a lot of Jews who are really pissed at how the Israeli government is treating the Palestinians. I am on the Jewish blogs and I am following this stuff moment by moment. Its not what you guys think. I'll keep you updated.

I don't have a problem with Jews; hell, I'm dating one now (she evwen bought Ron Paul's new book for my birthday). My problem is when we allow foreign nations (including South Korea) to become a liability for us.

goopc
05-25-2011, 11:53 AM
My theory is, that to Beck it's all about his Mormon faith. His alcoholism was cured with AA (which is a very religious system, see P&T Bullshit) and Mormonism. Now he thinks every social ill in American can be cured with a similar religions treatment.

Multiple times he pushed Mormon religious ideology as political historical fact (look up his episode on Newark Holy Stones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newark_Holy_Stones)). Beck's promotion of Israel isn't based any any sound political thinking, but on his religious philosophy.

YumYum
05-25-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't have a problem with Jews; hell, I'm dating one now (she evwen bought Ron Paul's new book for my birthday). My problem is when we allow foreign nations (including South Korea) to become a liability for us.

Good. Let's stay focused. Government is corrupt.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-25-2011, 11:54 AM
No...I didn't. My God man, do you realize what the Israeli government is doing? Do you realize how people are becoming inflamed when they read this stuff? I don't want people to hate Jews. I don't know what to say. I am not a bad person. God, I'd give you guys the shirt off of my back...I mean it. Jews are not evil people.

Yes, because I want to put Americans before and above Foreign-Nations I must hate Jews. You are as bad as Ben Stein. I demean myself by even responding to such rubbish.

YumYum
05-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Yes, because I want to put Americans before and above Foreign-Nations I must hate Jews. You are as bad as Ben Stein. I demean myself by even responding to such rubbish.

Don't bite into this stuff. Come on, AED, I look up to you. I know you are upset, but just step back and take a breather.

Southron
05-25-2011, 12:25 PM

The Israel hatred on here is just as disgusting.

YumYum
05-25-2011, 12:32 PM

I agree. Its like hating Swedish people because you don't like the Swedish government.

Brian4Liberty
05-25-2011, 12:36 PM
My theory is, that to Beck it's all about his Mormon faith. His alcoholism was cured with AA (which is a very religious system, see P&T Bullshit) and Mormonism. Now he thinks every social ill in American can be cured with a similar religions treatment.

Multiple times he pushed Mormon religious ideology as political historical fact (look up his episode on Newark Holy Stones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newark_Holy_Stones)). Beck's promotion of Israel isn't based any any sound political thinking, but on his religious philosophy.

All of that, and also at least one of Beck's producers is a neo-conservative.

bunklocoempire
05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
The Israel / U.S. alliance came up on a gun forum I frequent the other week ('67 borders), so I asked:

Why should the U.S. support Israel? What is the U.S. reason for the alliance? What do we get for our troubles?

There were only 4 answers given after a couple days and multiple views of the thread, 2 answers by the same person, the answers were:

*1. Israel has really good scientists that work with the U.S.

*2. We have to prevent/stop genocide of the Jewish people -like we did in WWII. (*same person)

3. Because Israel exists -and we don't necessarily have to gain anything from it.

4. Christianity is apt to fall if Israel goes down -Muslims take over.

EDIT: After I countered with a common sense and liberty based approach to prevent genocide, I was accused of being 'for genocide'. Surprise.

Bunkloco

Zatch
05-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Remember three months ago just before the Patriot Act got reauthorized? All Glenn Beck was talking about is how a Muslim caliphate is going to take over the world. He's with us on a lot of issues but when the time comes to get anything done it seems like he's either missing in action or working against us.

White Bear Lake
05-25-2011, 02:03 PM
The Israel-firsters really get on my nerves.

JoshLowry
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I agree. Its like hating Swedish people because you don't like the Swedish government.

Woah dude.

Most here have a problem with the entangling alliances that we have with Israel. Them in our government, us in theirs.

No significant percentage of RPFer's would proclaim they hate the people of that state.

Batman
05-25-2011, 03:01 PM
The sooner the Hemmorhoid with Nazi Tourettes disappears the better.

Tom in NYC
05-25-2011, 03:15 PM
I thought most of us on here have a distaste for all governments. It's not Jewish people, Israeli people, Muslim people or Arab people I don't like. In fact, in my personal life it's quite the opposite. It's the governments. I don't want to fund any of them. I'd like to befriend all of them, trade with them via private industry and if they'd like to come here to negotiate a peace agreement, that's fine too. But we shouldn't be dictating their policies, bombing their countries/enemies for them or funding their weapons programs.

AGRP
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Isn't Israel among the most statist countries in the world?

I have zero problem with privately supporting any country or people, but the use of our tax dollars is only feeding statism which hurts everyone.

TheDrakeMan
05-25-2011, 03:29 PM

Who says the Israel lead by Netenyahu is the true Israel?

Aliangel
05-25-2011, 03:39 PM

How is it disgusting? Israel is a national security threat to the United States, and until we solve the Israeli palestinian conflict, Israel will be a liability. I say we because our govt is actively supporting Israel, so we either do the right thing and force Israel to seek true peace (ie stop fooling everyone into thinking they want a 2 state solution, all while ethnically cleansing palestinian lands) or we could adopt non-interventionism.

ExPatPaki
05-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Congress to Palestinians: Drop dead (http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/05/201152512623687256.html)

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu delivered a speech to Congress that essentially was a series of insults to Palestinians and every insult was met by applause and standing ovations.

In fact, Netanyahu's appearance itself was an insult.

In the entire history of the United States, only four foreign leaders have addressed joint sessions of Congress more than once.

Prime Minister Winston Churchill, America's great ally, addressed Congress three times during World War II. President Nelson Mandela was honored for destroying apartheid and freeing South Africa. Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was recognised for opening negotiations with the Palestinian people.

And now Netanyahu. For what?

In his entire term in office he has done nothing but reject every request by the United States that he take some action (like freezing settlements) to promote Israeli-Palestinian negotiations. In the history of Israel, there has been no prime minister as hardline on Palestinian rights and as indifferent to the wishes of the United States as Netanyahu.

So why was he invited to address a rare joint session?

He was invited because the new Republican leadership of the House of Representatives wanted to demonstrate, loudly and clearly, that Congress will not support President Barak Obama in the event that he tries to achieve an Israeli-Palestinian agreement.

And that is exactly what the Netanyahu appearance today did demonstrate. The prime minister unambiguously stated that he had no intention of making peace with the Palestinians.

He began by saying that, in point of fact, there is no occupation, stating, that "in Judea and Samaria [the term Israeli right-wingers use for the West Bank], Israelis are not foreign occupiers" but the native inhabitants. (He cited Abraham and Isaiah from the Bible!)

Amazing how we have trolls on this forum who support a racist piece of shit like Netanyahoo.

NewRightLibertarian
05-25-2011, 03:55 PM

They are a racist terror state that actively subverts our government and military to their own benefit. Everyone should hate Israel and Zionists, not Jews. Lots of righteous, courageous Jews out there who speak out against the horrors of that awful, sticking, rotten country.

AuH20
05-25-2011, 03:57 PM
They are a racist terror state that actively subverts our government and military to their own benefit. Everyone should hate Israel and Zionists, not Jews. Lots of righteous, courageous Jews out there who speak out against the horrors of that awful, sticking, rotten country.

They are a product of their environment however. Look outside their borders. They're virtually surrounded by hostile elements.

pcosmar
05-25-2011, 04:01 PM
They are a product of their environment however. Look outside their borders. They're virtually surrounded by hostile elements.

A condition they created. And one they continue to aggravate.

James Madison
05-25-2011, 04:01 PM

Put into power by western intelligence.

BamaAla
05-25-2011, 04:03 PM

Not one reply in this thread has addressed individuals from Israel or the broader Jewish people. What's your agenda?

How is it disgusting? They along with our government are amongst the biggest problems facing we the people. Posters here attack Israel with the same fervor that they attack medicaid, regulation, and the Federal Reserve.

Aliangel
05-25-2011, 04:05 PM

Perhaps you should ask yourself why that is the case? Though I do challenge your assertion of 'hostile elements'. Are you reffering to the multiple arab regimes which we support with our tax money? Or peoples of those nations? It is no secret that Israel has engaged in acts of state terror and ethnic cleansing since its inception, thus blowback is predictable.

Standing Liberty
05-25-2011, 04:09 PM
It's obvious that most of the media, religious nuts and necons are Isreal-firsters, but why do we let foreigners address Congress anyway. This was the same deal when that POS Calderon got up there blaming America for Mexico's problems. They pay more attention to these foreign leaders than American Citizens. End ALL foreign Aid, throw out all foreign interest special interest groups, and follow the Constitution.

AuH20
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
A condition they created. And one they continue to aggravate.

In 1948, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq had an opportunity to repel the Israelis out, but they lost. 4 countries against 1. I'm a Darwinist. Blame those Arab countries for being weak and not extinguishing the seed when it had the chance.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
In 1948, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq had an opportunity to repel the Israelis out, but they lost. 4 countries against 1. I'm a Darwinist. Blame those Arab countries for being weak and not extinguishing the seed when it had the chance.

Might makes right is the premise of Tim Pawlenty. Curious on your support of Ron Paul whom believes in Natural Law.

angelatc
05-25-2011, 04:16 PM

Neither do I. Its the most bizarre thing in the world.

AuH20
05-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Might makes right is the premise of Tim Pawlenty. Curious on your support of Ron Paul whom believes in Natural Law.

Israel was invaded by those 4 countries. THEY did not mount the offensive. It was a defensive response and they still held on.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Israel was invaded by those 4 countries. They did not mount an offensive. It was a defensive response and they still held on.

You seem to be absent how Israel was created. Britain and the UN stole the land from those residing and gave it to Jews relocated from Europe. I would say the Arab countries were the ones acting in defense -- not Israel who backed by the West stole the land.

Aliangel
05-25-2011, 04:22 PM

That is irrelevant to status quo Israel first policy which is driving us to the brink of major war, and possibly economic collapse. I must note however, our fundamental believes of Liberty and life are in contrast to this 'darwinist' theory which you speak of.

AuH20
05-25-2011, 04:22 PM
You seem to be absent how Israel was created. Britain and the UN stole the land from those residing and gave it to Jews relocated from Europe. I would say the Arab countries were the ones acting in defense -- not Israel who backed by the West stole the land.

Um. The British created Palestine as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine

And for the record, the Palestinians aren't even the indigenous people of that particular land. Basically, we have two usurpers fighting over land they have no right to.

AuH20
05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
That is irrelevant to status quo Israel first policy which is driving us to the brink of major war, and possibly economic collapse. I must note however, our fundamental believes of Liberty and life are in contrast to this 'darwinist' theory which you speak of.

Israel deserves to exist and exercise it's sovereignty where it sees fit. Like it or not, they have successfully defended their acquired territory in the face of enormous odds. That's the fine line that is eluding many people. And let me reiterate that Israel Firstism is nonsense rooted in a theological vulnerability.

TheDrakeMan
05-25-2011, 04:34 PM

And for the record, the Palestinians aren't even the indigenous people of that particular land. Basically, we have two usurpers fighting over land they have no right to.

Prove that claim with anthropological, historical, linguistic, and genetic references. Evidence points to Palestinians being the descendants of the Indo-European Philistines, who later became Semiticized and Arabized heavily.

AuH20
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Prove that claim with anthropological, historical, linguistic, and genetic references. Evidence points to Palestinians being the descendants of the Indo-European Philistines, who later became Semiticized and Arabized heavily.

The Phillistines originally migrated from Asia Minor and Greek locales.

TheDrakeMan
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
The Phillistines originally migrated from Asia Minor and Greek locales.

Obviously, they were Indo-Europeans, where else would they migrate from? They migrated from an IE region. If anything we should give the land back to Europeans.

Aliangel
05-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Israel deserves to exist and exercise it's sovereignty where it sees fit. That's the fine line that is eluding many people. And let me reiterate that Israel Firstism is nonsense rooted in a theological vulnerability.

You can call the state of Israel by whatever name you prefer, the reality is that its existance was at the expense of hundreds of thousands of palestinian inhabitants. Given the changes that have taken place the last 60 years, advocating the destruction of the jewish people is certainly not a sane position. However, until the day that reasonable compensation is given to the palestinians in conjunction with a state based on real borders, Israel will be a liability to the United States. The issue facing us today is not that the palestinians dont want peace, but it is the continuation of illegal settelment building which have turned the idea of a 2 state solution into an absolute joke. Look at the map of today, the west bank is under occupation by the Israelis in addition to a very large number of jewish residents (as a result of settlement building).

This is state terrorism in its purest form. When you deprive a people of basic rights, and systematically conquer their lands all while pushing for a silly 2 state solution. why should we support Israel when their actions have further strengthened terrorists and given them cause to attack us here at home? When we send them money and bombs, we are weakening our national defense.

AuH20
05-25-2011, 04:51 PM
This is state terrorism in its purest form. When you deprive a people of basic rights, and systematically conquer their lands all while pushing for a silly 2 state solution. why should we support Israel when their actions have further strengthened terrorists and given them cause to attack us here at home? When we send them money and bombs, we are weakening our national defense.

We shouldn't support Israel economically or militarily. They've grown into the strongest nation in the region. With that said, I have a hard time feeling sympathy for the passive-aggressive Palestinians, who even the Arabs secretly have no love for. Many arabs look down on the Palestinians.

JCLibertarian
05-25-2011, 05:02 PM

How about freedom first? Fuck arbitrary borders.

JohnEngland
05-25-2011, 05:05 PM

Thread winner.

Neither do I. It's like all rationality evaporates from the room when Israel is mentioned.

Beck and others could agree with everything you say 100%, but then one "mistake" on Israel and boom, you're finished.

JohnEngland
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."

- Benjamin Franklin

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-25-2011, 05:07 PM

Yes, I'd like to have liberty and freedom for myself and my fellow Americans. I could care less about Israel. I fail to see how these two are not compatible, indeed, an America First policy is the only liberty-oriented Foreign Policy. Besides, you are fighting the wrong person -- If I had my druthers the State would be abolished tomorrow.

JCLibertarian
05-25-2011, 05:08 PM

- Benjamin Franklin

I was thinking of that exact quote.

JCLibertarian
05-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Yes, I'd like to have liberty and freedom for myself and my fellow Americans. I could care less about Israel. I fail to see how these two are not compatible, indeed, an America First policy is the only liberty-oriented Foreign Policy. Besides, you are fighting the wrong person -- If I had my druthers the State would be abolished tomorrow.

I am not fighting you, and I agree with your point on foreign policy. I just don't care much for nationalism. I want Israeli Jews as much as I do Americans from the confines of Statism to form governments and societies on a voluntary non-aggressive basis. I really don't value someone more because I happen to be within the same artificially imposed borders as them.

Aliangel
05-25-2011, 05:14 PM
We shouldn't support Israel economically or militarily. They've grown into the strongest nation in the region. With that said, I have a hard time feeling sympathy for the passive-aggressive Palestinians, who even the Arabs secretly have no love for. Many arabs look down on the Palestinians.

There is no question in my mind that radicalism is found in many parts of the arab and muslim world. Just to give you a background on where I come from, I was born in Iraq and lived there under the rule of Saddam hussain for a significant time. I stand in firm opposition to Ideological terrorism that has not only hurt us Americans but many Arabs and Muslims in places such as Iraq and Afghanistan. just a few years ago, Iraqis were being slaughtered by the dozens each day by these same radical elements which are termed to be Muslim and fighting an Islamic holy war. What I advocate, and this resonates with the ideas of Dr. Ron Paul is that our foreign policy must not encourage terrorism. When we go to Iraq for Instance and kill over 100k civilians, you're going to see blowback no matter what the justifications are.

In the same light, our Israel policy must be fair so that we are not seen as die hard Israel supporters. likewise, the arab youth are not happy with us supporting their dictators, perhaps its a good time to change policy?

TheDrakeMan
05-25-2011, 05:16 PM
So what are you zionists going to say when Israel faces a demographics crisis from the large amount of muslims and non-Jews living in their country, the American empire collapses, and the Euro-Russians don't see it in their best interests to defend Israel? Israel is going to collapse one way or another.

A Son of Liberty
05-25-2011, 05:17 PM

Here, here, sir! Forget arbitrary borders, and this non-sense collectivism.

As to the topic at hand, I find Beck's behavior regarding Israel and his passive-aggression toward that neighboring states of that country to be bizarre, but unsurprising. Beck is an intellectual lightweight. He fancies himself the protagonist of a great mystery novel it seems. He's so fascinated with his own interpretation of world events, and seems utterly convinced by his flimsy philosophical framework. He's a dolt, but dangerous, given his forum.

As to the secondary topic at hand, I find the borderline anti-semitism around here a bit unnerving, and part of the reason I seldom post. I don't have a problem with the posts that question American foreign policy toward Israel - indeed I agree. What I find troubling are comments and observations that begin and end with, "the Jew Bankers", or "the Jews in Hollywood". And it's not just the usage; it's the clear implications of the comments... smacks of desiring a purge. It's simple-minded stuff that propagandists love to feed on; and it's a terrible shame it shows up on a forum seemingly dedicated to the most principled, philosophically sound and individual liberty oriented politicians in American history.

A Son of Liberty
05-25-2011, 05:18 PM

- Benjamin Franklin

:thumbs:

AuH20
So what are you zionists going to say when Israel faces a demographics crisis from the large amount of muslims and non-Jews living in their country, the American empire collapses, and the Euro-Russians don't see it in their best interests to defend Israel? Israel is going to collapse one way or another.

If that happens, so be it. We shouldn't risk WW3 to insure the precarious future of Israel.

jmdrake

America only. Friendship and trade with all. Entangling alliances with none.

jmdrake
05-25-2011, 05:28 PM

According to the Bible the original inhabitants (the Cananites) were wiped out in a holocaust Hebrew jihad. Anyhow I have no problem with Israel exercising its right of conquest as long as they don't do it on my dime.

t0rnado
05-25-2011, 05:34 PM

I'm adding this to my sig.

XTreat
05-25-2011, 06:58 PM

Israel successfully defended themselves because of a post-WWII arms embargo on former British mandated countries in the middle east that had been Nazi sympathetic. They had the only standing Army due to a British brigade made of primarily Jewish ancestry left over from WWII. It was basically a cake walk for them. That is part of why they declared statehood when they did, they had a advantage and wanted to press it.

lester1/2jr
05-25-2011, 07:00 PM
who cares why he wasn't there!

That someone would be concerned someone else was missing a speech really.

XTreat
05-25-2011, 07:06 PM

Much of the land was actually bought rightfully by immigrints who were funded by the Jewish National fund. The JNF was made up mostly of wealthy westerners who didn't want the poor eastern jews migrating to the west. Obviously there is much more to it than that, but your statement is factually incorrect regarding Israel in 1948.

JCLibertarian
05-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Much of the land was actually bought rightfully by immigrints who were funded by the Jewish National fund. The JNF was made up mostly of wealthy westerners who didn't want the poor eastern jews migrating to the west. Obviously there is much more to it than that, but your statement is factually incorrect regarding Israel in 1948.
That's not true. the Jewish National Fund owned about 54% of the land owned by Jews, amounting to less than 4% of total land holdings in the Palestinian Mandate.
http://www.pij.org/details.php?id=410

jmdrake
05-25-2011, 08:30 PM
That's not true. the Jewish National Fund owned about 54% of the land owned by Jews, amounting to less than 4% of total land holdings in the Palestinian Mandate.

Yeah. That's like someone pointing to the fact that Rhode Island and Manhattan were actually purchased from the Indians and extrapolating that to be the rule rather than the exception.

SimpleName
05-25-2011, 09:02 PM
There is such an UNBELIEVABLY simple way to solve all issues with foreign aid: private donations. The public is so brainwashed that when discussing foreign aid, they don't even consider they could do it themselves. This is a perfect example of the moral hazard of high-taxing interventionist government. People don't see the toll these foreign aid expenses take on Americans, or more accurately, they see it but don't understand it. They are willing to keep up-ing the ante with no regard to the financial burden. There is, as well, a toll on society's mindset on charity. People no longer have to personally deal with the problems of society nor can they financially handle them after taxation, which sets up another moral hazard where society as a whole risks the decline of the standard of living because they no longer bother to understand the consequences of a lack of private charity.

These problems apply to every other charitable type of government program. But I'm preaching to the choir.

Mini-Me
05-25-2011, 09:15 PM
There is such an UNBELIEVABLY simple way to solve all issues with foreign aid: private donations. The public is so brainwashed that when discussing foreign aid, they don't even consider they could do it themselves. This is a perfect example of the moral hazard of high-taxing interventionist government. People don't see the toll these foreign aid expenses take on Americans, or more accurately, they see it but don't understand it. They are willing to keep up-ing the ante with no regard to the financial burden. There is, as well, a toll on society's mindset on charity. People no longer have to personally deal with the problems of society nor can they financially handle them after taxation, which sets up another moral hazard where society as a whole risks the decline of the standard of living because they no longer bother to understand the consequences of a lack of private charity.

These problems apply to every other charitable type of government program. But I'm preaching to the choir.

I wish everyone could see it the way you see it.

XTreat
05-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I wasn't aware of the exact numbers, but replace the word "much" with "some" (both subjective) and my statement is true. I did say of course there is much more to this but I have already written enough papers on the subject and don't intend to write another. I didn't say the land purchases were moral or fair. I am not taking sides in the argument, in fact I typically am of the opinion that there is no right side.

ExPatPaki
05-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Israel was invaded by those 4 countries. THEY did not mount the offensive. It was a defensive response and they still held on.

While the British were still in Palestine, the Zionist paramilitary forces began to crush the Palestinian Arab armed forces in a series of civil war clashes. But, more fatefully, on April 9, 1948, the fanatical Zionist-Revisionist terrorists grouped in the organization Irgun Zvai Leumi massacred a hundred women and children in the Arab village of Deir Yassin. By the advent of Israel’s independence on May 15 the Palestinian Arabs, demoralized, were fleeing in panic from their homes and from the threat of massacre. The neighboring Arab states then sent in their troops. Historians are wont to describe the ensuing war as an invasion of Israel by the Arab states, heroically rebuffed by Israel, but since all of the fighting took place on Arab territory, this interpretation is clearly incorrect. What happened, in fact, is that Israel managed to seize large chunks of territory assigned to the Palestinian Arabs by the partition agreement, including the Arab areas of Western Galilee, Arab west-central Palestine as "corridor" to Jerusalem, and the Arab cities of Jaffa and Beersheba. The bulk of Jerusalem – the New City – was also seized by Israel and the UN internationalization plan discarded. The Arab armies were hampered by their own inefficiency and disunity and by a series of UN-imposed truces broken only long enough for Israel to occupy more Arab territory.

War Guilt in the Middle East
by Murray Rothbard (http://original.antiwar.com/rothbard/2010/03/02/war-guilt-in-the-middle-east/)

DaveH
05-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Beck's problem is he is listening to John Hagee.

doodle
05-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Becks tends to make hot statements on holy land issues now n then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05YVW1NsOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05YVW1NsOk

Glenn Beck Continues Anti-Semitic Speech, Should Be Fired by Rupert Murdoch

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110228/pl_ac/7961694_glenn_beck_continues_antisemitic_speech_sh ould_be_fired_by_rupert_murdoch_1

sofia
05-25-2011, 11:55 PM

Its not hard to figure out..

Every chairman of the FED for the past 40 years has been Jewish...(Bernanke, Greenspan, Volcker, Burns)

The NY Times and Washisngton Post are Jewish owned (Sulzberger, Meyer-Graham)

ABC, NBC, and CBS were all founded by Jews (Goldenson, Sarnoff, Paley)

Hollywood is more Jewish than a bar mitsvah....and 50% of all billionaires in USA are Jewish...

read the book in my signature line and you'll see.....

Zatch
05-26-2011, 12:02 AM
This Israel hate thread should go in hot topics.

cindy25
05-26-2011, 12:03 AM

The Holocaust, the never ending excuse

COpatriot
05-26-2011, 12:04 AM
This Israel hate thread should go in hot topics.

It's not hate. It's a legitimate disdain for our unconditional support for another country that has caused us a lot of problems over the last few decades.

cindy25
05-26-2011, 12:17 AM

Sweden doesn't get $3 billion in handouts every year; and the Swedish PM doesn't lecture the American president.
also, Israel represents everything most of us hate: conscription (male and female), socialized healthcare, high taxes. it is the ultimate security nanny state.

cindy25
05-26-2011, 12:26 AM

agreed; but Darwinism should mean that Israel should either live or die by its own means; any country that needs handouts decade after decade after decade no longer deserves to be independent.

the Israel of 1948 deserved to win, they were the David; the Israel of 2011 is just a bully.

A Son of Liberty
05-26-2011, 03:47 AM
It's not hate. It's a legitimate disdain for our unconditional support for another country that has caused us a lot of problems over the last few decades.

Some of it is as you say; and some of it is nothing but thinly veiled Joo-hatin'.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Some of it is as you say; and some of it is nothing but thinly veiled Joo-hatin'.

Give me a break. The only one you could accuse of that on the forum is Sofia.

A Son of Liberty
05-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Give me a break. The only one you could accuse of that on the forum is Sofia.

I'm not familiar enough with the users on the forum to cite specific cases (Sofia definitely stands out, though). I've seen more than a couple fevered references to "the Jews in Hollywood" and "the Jews on Wall Street" and "the Jews controlling our government".

It's nonsense; it'd be like suggesting all "the blacks" get together and secretly conspire to take over American sports, or all "the gooks" have a plan to take over American physics departments. ;)

"The Jews" aren't our problem...

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-26-2011, 04:10 AM
I'm not familiar enough with the users on the forum to cite specific cases (Sofia definitely stands out, though). I've seen more than a couple fevered references to "the Jews in Hollywood" and "the Jews on Wall Street" and "the Jews controlling our government".

It's nonsense; it'd be like suggesting all "the blacks" get together and secretly conspire to take over American sports, or all "the gooks" have a plan to take over American physics departments. ;)

"The Jews" aren't our problem...

Israel and AIPAC is a problem -- I do not know why you confuse the two (Just because someone is anti-NAACP does not mean they are anti-black...for instance). No one in this thread is anti-Jew.

A Son of Liberty
05-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Israel and AIPAC is a problem -- I do not know why you confuse the two (Just because someone is anti-NAACP does not mean they are anti-black...for instance). No one in this thread is anti-Jew.

I don't confuse them. I stated earlier that I agree that our foreign policy in regards Israel is disastrous.

I then pointed out that the few instances of apparent "Joo-hatin'" in this thread and on the forum in general is disconcerting... two occasions from this thread:

Because jews own "our" governments, banks, and media?

Its not hard to figure out..

Every chairman of the FED for the past 40 years has been Jewish...(Bernanke, Greenspan, Volcker, Burns)

The NY Times and Washisngton Post are Jewish owned (Sulzberger, Meyer-Graham)

ABC, NBC, and CBS were all founded by Jews (Goldenson, Sarnoff, Paley)

Hollywood is more Jewish than a bar mitsvah....and 50% of all billionaires in USA are Jewish...

read the book in my signature line and you'll see.....

Again, I'm merely stating that I find this sort of language disconcerting. I'm not suggesting it be censored, or that it represents a majority. However, one would think that this sort of paranoid collectivist nonsense would be the subject of scorn. Maybe I'm just too new here...

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-26-2011, 05:07 AM
I don't confuse them. I stated earlier that I agree that our foreign policy in regards Israel is disastrous.

I then pointed out that the few instances of apparent "Joo-hatin'" in this thread and on the forum in general is disconcerting... two occasions from this thread:

Again, I'm merely stating that I find this sort of language disconcerting. I'm not suggesting it be censored, or that it represents a majority. However, one would think that this sort of paranoid collectivist nonsense would be the subject of scorn. Maybe I'm just too new here...

You are quoting Sofia which I all ready said is probably the only one with a bias against Jews. Everyone here all ready knows this and he has almost no support here. Like I said, you are doing the same associations that progressives make (Oh, you are against affirmative action, NAACP, etc. must mean you are racist because the KKK is against those things too!).

I don't think it is disconcerting because no one supports Sofia. You would have a case if the opposite is true.

I mean seriously ... if you polled the forum 99% would say their philosophic influences are mainly Jewish (Mises, Rothbard, Hazlitt, Schiff, Walter Block, FA Hayek, etc.) -- so to say there is a bias against the Jewish people is just laughable.

A Son of Liberty
05-26-2011, 05:32 AM
You are quoting Sofia which I all ready said is probably the only one with a bias against Jews. Everyone here all ready knows this and he has almost no support here. Like I said, you are doing the same associations that progressives make (Oh, you are against affirmative action, NAACP, etc. must mean you are racist because the KKK is against those things too!).

I'm really not trying to argue with you because I generally agree with what I see you post around here, but I'm not making this false association:

I don't think it is disconcerting because no one supports Sofia. You would have a case if the opposite is true.

One quote was from Sofia; the other was from another poster from earlier in the thread. As a relatively new poster around here, I can tell you that these certainly few instances here and in other threads do stick out. I didn't suggest that they're representative of the whole, or that any other poster besides these particular people are to blame. As I said, though, I would expect to see these posts the subject of more scorn. Again, maybe this is a case of me being too new here:

It is bizarre that these people would bother with a forum ostensibly dedicated to one of if not the most principled, philosophically sound and individual liberty oriented politicians in American history.

I mean seriously ... if you polled the forum 99% would say their philosophic influences are mainly Jewish (Mises, Rothbard, Hazlitt, Schiff, Walter Block, FA Hayek, etc.) -- so to say there is a bias against the Jewish people is just laughable.

:thumbs: As an anarchist, Rothbard's For a New Liberty was, for me, a philosophical lynchpin.

cindy25
05-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Jews are not the problem, Zionists are; some of the best of the progressives are Jewish ( Wyden, Feingold); but the super Zionists (Schumer, Lieberman) are the worst of the senate

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-26-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm really not trying to argue with you because I generally agree with what I see you post around here, but I'm not making this false association:

One quote was from Sofia; the other was from another poster from earlier in the thread. As a relatively new poster around here, I can tell you that these certainly few instances here and in other threads do stick out. I didn't suggest that they're representative of the whole, or that any other poster besides these particular people are to blame. As I said, though, I would expect to see these posts the subject of more scorn. Again, maybe this is a case of me being too new here:

It is bizarre that these people would bother with a forum ostensibly dedicated to one of if not the most principled, philosophically sound and individual liberty oriented politicians in American history.

:thumbs: As an anarchist, Rothbard's For a New Liberty was, for me, a philosophical lynchpin.

Fair enough. Though since you are relatively new if you go back and look at the threads made by Sofia, we scorn him enough -- at this point most of us just ignore him (ostracizition is much better than acknowledging his existence :p).

I have enjoyed your few posts here too, I just really dislike the wantonness that people throw around racist/xenophobic epithets as I believe it makes the word useless and it doesn't do justice to actual racists (aka cry wolf). We should reserve that label for actual racists and xenophobes in my opinion (You know like KKK, Stormfront, Black Panthers, Zionists, La Raza, etc.).

A Son of Liberty
05-26-2011, 06:15 AM
Fair enough. Though since you are relatively new if you go back and look at the threads made by Sofia, we scorn him enough -- at this point most of us just ignore him (ostracizition is much better than acknowledging his existence :p).

Understood, and well said - ignore the ignorant, don't feed the troll. :)

I have enjoyed your few posts here too, I just really dislike the wantonness that people throw around racist/xenophobic epithets as I believe it makes the word useless and it doesn't do justice to actual racists (aka cry wolf). We should reserve that label for actual racists and xenophobes in my opinion (You know like KKK, Stormfront, Black Panthers, Zionists, La Raza, etc.).

Yeah, I can understand that. :thumbs: