PDA

View Full Version : Gun show in PSL, FL

tsopranos
10-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Wooo, just got back from a gun show here in Port St. Lucie, FL and thought I'd let everyone know how it went.

The gun show was this Sat. & Sun., but I only went today. My wife went yesterday and was within a group of about 20. There were only 6 of us today.

Anyhow, the guy who organized this gun show is a Fred Thompson supporter and somehow got exclusive rights so that only FT supporters could have a booth inside. Supposedly he was a real prick (this is coming from my wife now), and he ended up calling the cops. The cops didn't come until like an hour later, and they were real nice about it. They told my wife and the group where they were allowed to hand out literature.

Not a problem. It ended up working out better for the group. They set up at the entrance of the Fairgrounds and there was only one way in and out. This was the same spot I was in today with the rest of my group. We must have hit at least 750 - 1000 cars today, and yesterday was even more jam packed.

Most people thought they were getting literature for the gun show, others stopped long enough for us to talk to them but it was hard because we couldn't hold up traffic for long. We had a good amount say they were supporting Ron Paul already. To those people and others who showed more interest we gave out bumper stickers. All in all it was a success. We're going to try to do something every weekend for RP here on out.

I also just got done making a template for the RP Rev logo...check it out.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/ridonkulous/hmRPsign.jpg

LibertyEagle
10-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Great job!!! Thank you so much. :)

Ozwest
10-28-2007, 01:41 PM
You are Champions!

Smiley Gladhands
10-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I just got back from a gun show in Houston and it could have gone better. I handed out literature to a few people and wore RP gear and brought up his name a bunch, but Fred Thompson had a table out front and got a lot more coverage. There were even YouTube videos of him talking about protecting gun rights. I almost puked on my gun (which would have probably been corrosive).

I'm going to plan further ahead next time and get a table. There's no reason Fred should be getting all the gun show attention.