PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Cops suspended for profanity

JK/SEA
05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I found this rather amusing...

http://www.king5.com/news/Three-Seattle-Police-officers-suspended-for-using-vulgar-language-122542669.html

One Last Battle!
05-24-2011, 07:38 PM
"You guys have fun breaking into citizens' houses and beating them with truncheons, but if I hear any naughty language you will be PUNISHED"

nate895
05-24-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm genuinely shocked.

AFPVet
05-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Seriously?

aGameOfThrones
05-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Making threats of violence while being employed as a cop gets you a 20 day suspension. What's the punishment for a mundane?

JK/SEA
05-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I was told by a cop that if you threaten someone, make sure its not a DIRECT THREAT. Meaning, you can tell someone you're going to rip his head off, but don't tell him when. Like..''i'm gonna rip your head off at noon today ya mofo''...this would be a direct threat. Big time trouble if any witnesses or recordings.

dannno
05-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Officer Brett Schoenberg, referring to male genitals, told a suspect, "(blank) my (blank)."
Schoenberg was suspended for 20 days.

Officer Casey Steiger told a suspect "I’m going to break your (blanking) neck."

Steiger was suspended for 15 days.

Officer Corey Williams said "I’m going to skull (blank) you and drag you down the street."

He was suspended for 20 days.

lol

t0rnado
05-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I was told by a cop that if you threaten someone, make sure its not a DIRECT THREAT. Meaning, you can tell someone you're going to rip his head off, but don't tell him when. Like..''i'm gonna rip your head off at noon today ya mofo''...this would be a direct threat. Big time trouble if any witnesses or recordings.

This goes for postings online as well. Don't include times, dates, or proper nouns.

fisharmor
05-24-2011, 09:07 PM
The same Seattle where they gunned down the deaf alcoholic woodcarver?

Or better yet, don't threaten, just do it, and then you'll get a paid vacation.