PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana GOP votes to move up their caucuses - makes SRLC all the more important

sailingaway
05-24-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Louisiana-GOP-votes-to-move-up-caucuses-1394174.php

torchbearer
05-24-2011, 07:50 PM
thanks

JWZguy
05-24-2011, 07:50 PM
HOLY MACKEREL.

Hold on one second. They voted...but what was the outcome?

If LA is moved up we have to move even harder and faster...the districts around here have VERY LOW caucus participation. We can sweep them with couple thousand people.

torchbearer
05-24-2011, 07:53 PM
HOLY MACKEREL.

Hold on one second. They voted...but what was the outcome?

If LA is moved up we have to move even harder and faster...the districts around here have VERY LOW caucus participation. We can sweep them with couple thousand people.

did you help in organizing the caucus' last time?
i didn't realize you can register an official slate. we used paper hand outs to tell voters who to vote for to get ron paul delegates.
we need to find out how to do this, i think it may be new.

evilfunnystuff
05-24-2011, 09:35 PM
interesting

Napoleon's Shadow
05-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Torch, this is your show! You're up, make it happen!

JWZguy
05-30-2011, 12:58 PM
did you help in organizing the caucus' last time?
i didn't realize you can register an official slate. we used paper hand outs to tell voters who to vote for to get ron paul delegates.
we need to find out how to do this, i think it may be new.

Honestly I'm getting a little fuzzy on the details, it's been so long. I wasn't at the top level or anything, I just met with the people in our district a few times before the caucus and I had about 25 people I knew show up to vote. They handed in their slate of people all at once, but it may have been individual applications...I thought otherwise, because the reaction in BR at least, was to scramble around to the other delegates and make a combined "anyone but paul" slate...AFTER the party deadline.

I can't remember whether the ballot had them all in a list or separated by slate.