PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul Iowa Straw Poll Phonebank Call-athon!"

thehighwaymanq
05-24-2011, 05:15 PM
WE HAVE 81 DAYS UNTIL THE IOWA STRAW POLL!

Our friend Tobefree in this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?291631-Phonebanking-Platform-for-Iowa) put together an incredible activism tool.

Some of us on here have been making calls and reaching out to potential voters for the Iowa Straw Poll. This helps for a few reasons:

1) Advertise Ron Paul in 2012
2) Help promote the Iowa Straw Poll and the campaign's $10 dollar deal
3) Give callers experience making calls and marketing the Ron Paul message clearly and effectively.

Not enough of us on this board have seen this website or started making calls. If there is one thing that needs to happen in this campaign it's that we have a 1st or 2nd place showing in Iowa.

That is why I am proposing we designate a day that we can have around 250 of us make phone calls. Similar to a money-bomb, we should coordinate a day soon and set a goal of calling 15,000 Iowa residents! I feel like we aren't taking full of advantage of this phonebank system, and not focusing on actually winning this election. Let's discuss this here and pick a day in a few weeks and start getting serious about Iowa.

Once again, here is the original thread: Here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?291631-Phonebanking-Platform-for-Iowa)

Free / Discounted Ron Paul 2012 Materials for Iowa can be found here. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?294496-Free-Ron-Paul-2012-materials-for-people-in-Iowa!)

And the official Iowa for Ron Paul website can be found here. (http://www.iowaforronpaul.com/)

trey4sports
05-24-2011, 05:18 PM
+rep man. I have already scheduled a local meeting for my meetup so i can directly show the members how to do this and assuage any fears they have about making calls. I highly highly recommend everyone on here do the same! if you give people a small nudge it will go a long way~!

anyway, what day do you think? Whatabout sunday? maybe promote it in chat? I dont know, but this is the most effective thing we can do right now!

ForLibertyFight
05-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Everyone needs to start making calls ASAP :)

www.rp2012.org

afwjam
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Calling from Hawaii to Iowa for Paul!

thehighwaymanq
05-24-2011, 05:39 PM
What day do you think? Whatabout sunday? maybe promote it in chat? I dont know, but this is the most effective thing we can do right now!

AGREED! Is the weekend a good time to do it, or is the 5-8 window on a weekday key?

Judging by past experience does anybody know the best time that generates most people picking up?

S.Shorland
05-24-2011, 05:43 PM

ForLibertyFight
05-24-2011, 05:48 PM
AGREED! Is the weekend a good time to do it, or is the 5-8 window on a weekday key?

Judging by past experience does anybody know the best time that generates most people picking up?

People usually get off work around 5-6 so I think 5-8 is a good time to call.

Koz
05-24-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm in. Calling is easy.

ThePursuitOfLiberty
05-24-2011, 05:55 PM
There's absolutely NO REASON to NOT PARTICIPATE in the IOWA PHONE BANKS...

I don't care how much of a couch potato activist, introverted personality you are...

There are scripts online, how-to's, walk-through's, etc.

If you're serious about this campaign and about this cause - pick up the phone and do it.

No more saying "what if" and "could've been"... JUST DO THE WORK. PERIOD.

ForLibertyFight
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shEnY_lcQI

thehighwaymanq
05-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Ok.

How about we set up the "Ron Paul Iowa Straw Poll Phonebank Call-athon!" starting this Thursday, May 26th?

Let's make this a weekly event that RPF members can participate in!

trey4sports
05-24-2011, 06:36 PM

5-8 weekday is what ive typically called during, but Sunday (if you call all day) your pickup rate (by hour) will be more dispersed and you can take advantage of the whole day rather than a small window.

Sentinelrv
05-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Why not do this call-a-thon on June 5th to coordinate it with the Legalize Gold & Silver Money Bomb (http://legalizegoldandsilver.com/)? We can kill two birds with one stone, make as many calls as possible while also telling the potential voters about the 24 hour money bomb, helping to raise the campaign's funding. We had talked about phonebanking during the next money bomb to help raise the total. Why not try this method out on June 5th? Let's get Iowa voters invested in the campaign early on.

trey4sports
05-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Why not do this call-a-thon on June 5th to coordinate it with the Legalize Gold & Silver Money Bomb (http://legalizegoldandsilver.com/)? We can kill two birds with one stone, make as many calls as possible while also telling the potential voters about the 24 hour money bomb, helping to raise the campaign's funding. We had talked about phonebanking during the next money bomb to help raise the total. Why not try this method out on June 5th? Let's get Iowa voters invested in the campaign early on.

I think thats a good idea!

Sentinelrv
05-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I'll make a thread about it in the Iowa board then.

afwjam
05-24-2011, 06:55 PM

That is a great idea!

belian78
05-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm not going to be a wet blanket here, because I can get behind an effort like this, but I remember some here doing that in NH last time and it got so out of hand they had to shut it down. This can be a great idea and phenomenally successful, if its kept very organized and not let the numbers of callers get out of hand.

Sentinelrv
05-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Here is the thread...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?294889-Should-we-Coordinate-the-Iowa-Call-A-Thon-amp-the-Legalize-Gold-amp-Silver-Money-Bomb

XTreat
05-24-2011, 07:20 PM
my first answer while phonebanking for RP I got a supporter who said he didn't know about the straw poll but will now take his wife and 2-3 friends with him who are all supporters! Oh man I am good! I should sell Amway!

XTreat
05-24-2011, 07:23 PM
June 5th is a great idea.

hazek
05-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Everyone needs to start making calls ASAP :)

www.rp2012.org

That site should have some sort of ability to track the number of calls people make so it can then be publicly visible which user has made the most calls, getting a bit of a competition going, maybe even organize a prize pool for the most active caller?

Sentinelrv
05-24-2011, 07:44 PM
That site should have some sort of ability to track the number of calls people make so it can then be publicly visible which user has made the most calls, getting a bit of a competition going, maybe even organize a prize pool for the most active caller?

Exactly like Peter Schiff was doing, except I think he announced the call leaders over youtube videos. Are you suggesting some type of automatic leader board?

trey4sports
05-24-2011, 07:50 PM

it has that. Sign in, and start making some calls (probably not tonight, of course) and you can see the leaderboard on the right hand side of the dashboard.

Sentinelrv
05-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Is there anyway to add it to the home page? It might encourage newbies visiting the website to sign up.

Eric21ND
05-24-2011, 08:29 PM
I loved the phone banking effort during the Schiff campaign. Seemed well organized too!

ForLibertyFight
05-24-2011, 11:07 PM
bump

trey4sports
05-24-2011, 11:09 PM
bump

It appears as though a mod might put a stop to the promotion of the grassroots phone-bank initiative

Thargok
05-24-2011, 11:09 PM
There's absolutely NO REASON to NOT PARTICIPATE in the IOWA PHONE BANKS...

I don't care how much of a couch potato activist, introverted personality you are...

There are scripts online, how-to's, walk-through's, etc.

If you're serious about this campaign and about this cause - pick up the phone and do it.

No more saying "what if" and "could've been"... JUST DO THE WORK. PERIOD.

+rep

ForLibertyFight
05-24-2011, 11:23 PM
It appears as though a mod might put a stop to the promotion of the grassroots phone-bank initiative

Why???

trey4sports
05-24-2011, 11:35 PM
We will put an end to the grassroots calling being planned here if we have to. More on this later, but we need to follow the campaign, not jump in front of them and ruin everything.

see above

tobefree
05-25-2011, 12:50 AM
We will put an end to the grassroots calling being planned here if we have to. More on this later, but we need to follow the campaign, not jump in front of them and ruin everything.

below

Woah. Did I just read what I just read? Who is we? By what authority are you making this statement. Who do you think you are?

Who do you think you are talking to? What kind of philosophy do you think Ron Paul supporters follow?

Do you know the history of this movement? Do you know the history of the last Ron Paul campaign? Do you know what people think of the last campaign? Do you know that people ask where the money went? Do you see what's going on with Campaign for Liberty? Did you read what Thomas Woods wrote?

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/the-ron-paul-moneybomb/

Or maybe I should sit down with you and explain......................... and as far as the phonebanking is concerned? It's ON.

afwjam
05-25-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't see how phone banking will hurt, we are looking to talk to Ron Paul supporters.

belian78
05-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I'll tell you how it could hurt. The campaign may already have something like this in the works, so supporters not getting any direction on who's calling where and when could be a complete mess.

Like I said, when this was tried last campaign it was a disaster. So many people were calling at all different times, calling in the same areas, not using any kind of formatted structure, getting into arguments with those that they called.....

I haven't seen the site yet, but unless its very well organized and a set structure for the phone calls are in place, it could ruin what the campaign has in the works and actually hurt our chances in Ames.

FriedChicken
05-25-2011, 09:36 AM
It resembles none of the characteristics of your concerns. It is a well organized and, I believe, an effective tool. The organizer[s] seem to have a good level of experience as well.
Check out the site, its good stuff. I agree with you though, if it were loosely put together it would have potential to do harm.

FriedChicken
05-25-2011, 09:37 AM
If the campaign wanted to be REALLY organized they could purchase/take over the site to pick up where we left off and already know who has been contacted ... right?

sailingaway
05-25-2011, 10:02 AM
I'll tell you how it could hurt. The campaign may already have something like this in the works, so supporters not getting any direction on who's calling where and when could be a complete mess.

Like I said, when this was tried last campaign it was a disaster. So many people were calling at all different times, calling in the same areas, not using any kind of formatted structure, getting into arguments with those that they called.....

I haven't seen the site yet, but unless its very well organized and a set structure for the phone calls are in place, it could ruin what the campaign has in the works and actually hurt our chances in Ames.

People were really getting pissed off at all the calls in Rand's campaign, I remember that vividly. And if the campaign NEEDS certain info to target their message or to get volunteers for projects or whatever, and will have a specific script, they would need to do it all over. I really do think we could hurt things, or I would have signed up. I want to get out there and help.

belian78
05-25-2011, 10:15 AM
People were really getting pissed off at all the calls in Rand's campaign, I remember that vividly. And if the campaign NEEDS certain info to target their message or to get volunteers for projects or whatever, and will have a specific script, they would need to do it all over. I really do think we could hurt things, or I would have signed up. I want to get out there and help.

This. +rep

Jeremy
05-25-2011, 10:26 AM
If the campaign wanted to be REALLY organized they could purchase/take over the site to pick up where we left off and already know who has been contacted ... right?

Why would they bother doing that when they have their own phone banking system?

trey4sports
07-24-2020, 01:06 PM
Nostalgia bump