PDA

View Full Version : We are going to hear a lot more about immigraition, National Review just did a piece

sailingaway
05-24-2011, 11:00 AM
it is part of their 'Gary Johnson is a better open borders pro abortion libertarian' push, but it conflates Ron with Gary on immigration which isn't right at ALL. Gary Johnson as far as I can tell has no interest in American sovereignty issues, is proNafta, etc ---things many at National Review might like but not things Americans in general like. I didn't see this first at national review, it comes up much earlier in a google search at ALIPAC, an anti-illegal immigration web forum. I recently signed up there when Ron's book came out and everyone was pretending he had changed his views to back amnesty, so I could comment, so I did comment.

But this will start two strains again - 1) Ron isn't the 'real libertarian' (if that's true, neither am I so fine) and 2) Ron 'changed his views, caved to pressure and now supports amnesty' which is nonsense. He SPECIFIED his ultimate views for 'in the end, after the other pieces are in place, what do you do with the 'long term good sort' here? And he always had said he didn't think we could deport that many. His probationary legalization, never convertable to citizenship and not able to get publicly funded services without leaving and starting over, is just the bottom line end point that completes his overall policy. It isn't a change.

Whatever, you will be seeing it again. Here is the National Review article: h xxp://www.nationalreview.com/articles/267830/border-wars-kevin-d-williamson?page=1