PDA

View Full Version : Radio People Critique Please

deedles
10-28-2007, 11:28 AM
We're working on a 30 sec radio ad targeting Christians on our local Christian music/talk stations.

Our idea is to have 3 ads addressing these topics:

Pro-life

Just war

sovereignty or amnesty/secure borders (not sure which yet)

Here is the rough outline of the pro-life ad. Please offer suggestions, comments, advice. I've read 75 words or less for a 30 sec ad, so have tried to stay close to that. I have the word count at the end of each line.

Would it be good to start the ad with a quick snippet of little children singing "Jesus loves the little children"? and then go right into (one of) the title lines?

(man 1 speaking)

"Why are Pro-lifers voting for Ron Paul for President?" 10

or

"Pro-lifers are voting for Ron Paul for President, here's why". 11

or

"Why should YOU vote for Ron Paul for President?" 9

"Ron Paul believes the right to life of an unborn child is at the heart of the American ideal of liberty." 21 (woman 1 speaking)

"As an obstetrician for 40 years, Ron Paul delivered over 4000 babies and never performed one abortion." 17 (woman 2 speaking)

"As congressman, Ron Paul authored legislation defining life as beginning at conception and sponsored legislation that would negate the effect of Roe v Wade." 23 (man 2 speaking)

"Ron Paul is pro-life!… that’s why we’re voting for Ron Paul for President!" 14 (man 1 & 2, woman 1 & 2 together)

Any help is greatly appreciated! We also have a chip-in going, if anyone would be good enough to help financially.

Thanks very much... can't wait to see the ideas forthcoming!

deedles
10-28-2007, 12:58 PM
bump for help :)

American
10-28-2007, 01:00 PM
I would also say he wants to repeal or overturn Roe vs Wade. Keep bumping this shamelessly until you get some more idea. Most on this morning want to bitch about the first TV ad. Its there new past time.

deedles
10-28-2007, 01:08 PM
I would also say he wants to repeal or overturn Roe vs Wade. Keep bumping this shamelessly until you get some more idea. Most on this morning want to bitch about the first TV ad. Its there new past time.

Can you tell me which lead in question do you like out of the three?

thanks

quezkittel
10-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't know the legality of using material from speeches and interviews in independent radio ads, but if at all possible, I think it would be a good idea to use Ron Paul's own words instead of a random voice over- the sincerity comes through more clearly that way. Instead of having a polished guy tell people that ron paul is pro-life, maybe ron should do the talking?

The background noise in this is terrible, but i'm sure he's said something along these lines many times http://youtube.com/watch?v=2DKsEQkLGq0 is it legal to use this type of thing in radio ads without permission?

deedles
10-28-2007, 01:16 PM
we were actually thinking of using real people from our meetup that have done radio before... rather than actors. I'd love to use Ron Paul's voice but I'm thinking that will turn into a 60 sec ad...

Can you tell me which opening line you liked best?

quezkittel
10-28-2007, 01:25 PM
I like either the first or second, personally :) I see your point about the 60 seconds it would take to let ron paul explain himself, i was thinking more along the lines of pulling a single line like "Here's what Presidential Candidate Ron Paul has to say about the right to life: 'I believe the unborn fetus is a human being and deserves absolute protection'" or something like that:) but getting your meetup group to talk about it is great too :)

Great job and thank you for getting the message out there!!

Matt Collins
10-29-2007, 09:08 PM
"Pro-lifers are voting for Ron Paul for President, here's why". 11 ---- Is the best.

Ditch the just war ads. Most people don't understand it and it takes too long to explain over the radio.

For the Christians stick with abortion and perhaps another one about failing schools (most Christians hate government education and a lot homeschool their kids).