PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Ron Paul at 10% in TX GOP Presidential Primary

RonPaulFanInGA
05-24-2011, 04:45 AM
http://www.kens5.com/news/Presidential-frontrunner-in-Texas-Not-Perry-new-poll-finds-122483104.html

Poll includes the now-departed candidates Trump, Huckabee and Daniels.

It's a good thing Rick Perry says he's not running for president: Only 4 percent of Texas Republicans say they'd vote for the governor, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.

"This is a major question for a guy who's getting national buzz," says Daron Shaw, co-director of the poll and a government professor at UT-Austin. "He hasn't convinced Texans that he's a presidential frontrunner."

Not that he's trying to. Perry has said repeatedly that he's not a presidential candidate without squelching campaigns to draft him as one.

Perry's not even the top-rated Texan in the race. That distinction goes to U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Surfside, who's at 10 percent among registered voters who say they will vote in the Republican primary.

The leader of the pack -- and it's a narrow lead in a pack without a clear frontrunner -- is former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, at 12 percent, followed by former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, at 11 percent, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, 10 percent.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota each have the support of 7 percent, followed by celebrity businessman Donald Trump, 6 percent; Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, 4 percent; former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, 3 percent; and Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana and former Gov. Jon Huntsman of Utah, at 1 percent each.

This latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll is an internet survey of 800 registered voters. It was conducted May 11 to 18 and has a margin of error of +/- 3.46 percent. The Republican primary questions have a margin of error of +/-4.98 percent; the Democratic primary questions have a margin of error of +/-6.17 percent.

Sarah Palin: 12%
Newt Gingrich: 11%
Ron Paul: 10%
Mike Huckabee: 10%
Mitt Romney: 7%
Michelle Bachmann: 7%
Donald Trump: 6%
Tim Pawlenty: 4%
Rick Perry: 4%
Rick Santorum: 3%
Mitch Daniels: 1%
Jon Huntsman: 1%

Paul Or Nothing II
05-24-2011, 04:54 AM
Sarah Palin? What the hell is wrong with people! The man should be leading the pack at least in his own state! People always for vote stupidity, misery, greed & corruption & then wonder why aren't they getting better governance.

rp08orbust
05-24-2011, 05:10 AM
2 points behind the frontrunner who isn't even running isn't bad at all.

Paul Or Nothing II
05-24-2011, 05:31 AM
What? She isn't even running & yet people'd rather choose her than Paul, I'd say that's pretty bad & unwise of people in his home state.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Just imagine our polling numbers if Fox didn't continuously lie and manipulate, deceive, and ignore Ron. Shammity, O'Doofus, and Dicky boy. Let's not forget F&Friends...

Station o'Neo-cons.

Sola_Fide
05-24-2011, 06:36 AM
I have a strange feeling that Palin might defy the odds and run. Hope not though.

sailingaway
05-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Why is Huck's 10% bigger than Ron's 10%? When they list the 'top three', they leave Ron out.

Also, a bunch of the polling was done before Gingrch self-immolated. I don't recall the precise date of that, but it might even have been after the entire polling period. Add that to having those not in it in it and I'm afraid it's worthless.

BUT I do think it is about time Paul was clearly viewed as better than Perry.

Slutter McGee
05-24-2011, 07:50 AM
What? She isn't even running & yet people'd rather choose her than Paul, I'd say that's pretty bad & unwise of people in his home state.

Umm. 10% in Texas is really good at this point. REALLY GOOD. Not something to freak out about.

Slutter McGee

PaulConventionWV
05-24-2011, 07:59 AM

The poll is taken as if she were running. So people say, if she were running, they would vote for her. To me, this is one of the best polls I've seen yet. If Palin and Huckabee are out, that may very well put us in the lead!

freedom-maniac
05-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Also important to note, is that he's ahead of Romney.

I really wish they'd start making polls based off of who is actually running. Some of these keep having Huck, Palin, Guliani and Trump. At this rate they might as well put Reagan and Bob Dole back on those things.

freedom-maniac
05-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Why is Huck's 10% bigger than Ron's 10%? When they list the 'top three', they leave Ron out.

Also, a bunch of the polling was done before Gingrch self-immolated. I don't recall the precise date of that, but it might even have been after the entire polling period. Add that to having those not in it in it and I'm afraid it's worthless.

BUT I do think it is about time Paul was clearly viewed as better than Perry.

Because they already mentioned Dr. Paul above in the article as having 10%. They weren't listing the top three, just mentioning what everyone polled, and so that Dr. Paul was mentioned first after Perry out of everyone in the article is encouraging.

Aratus
05-24-2011, 09:19 AM
if many of the polls have a different person head
the list in each state where there is to be a primary
or a caucus, are we to see a patchwork quilt of
FAVORITE SONs + FAVORITE DAUGHTERs when we
all get to the GOP convention? i predict several ballots!

Agorism
05-24-2011, 09:38 AM
You beat me to this post.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-24-2011, 11:49 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/05/24/perry_not_supported_for_president_even_in_texas.ht ml

RonPaulFanInGA
05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Looks like he's in third place actually.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?294747-Poll-Sarah-Palin-Leads-in-TX-GOP-Presidential-Primary-with-12-Support-Ron-Paul-at-10

emr1028
05-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Second out of people who are actually going to run.

trey4sports
05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Ron has been making huge jumps in the polls lately folks. Although this is not a big name pollster all the data i have seen points to Ron being a formidable primary candidate

RP Supporter
05-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Palin is unpredictable, but most reports I've seen say she's done very little work building up a staff or organization for a run. She could still run and hope to coast by on her fame, who knows with her, but my view is she won't run. And if she does, she may be like Gingrich and bungle the whole thing. She'd still be a factor, but not a contender for the crown.

Still, love these numbers. Huckabee's supporters are not likely to go to Romney. I think they're likely to go to a social conservative family man, and look at the field. Ron fits that better then any of the other frontrunners. I expect him to do well with this group. As I've mentioned It's unknown if Palin will even run. That Trump and Huckabee were included indicate the bad press concerning Gingrich was not fully out there when this poll was taken. The press have been hammering this last week, and he does seem to be running an inept campaign. I expect to see his numbers decline.

Take these guys out, and giving Romney's dismal performance here where he's leading almost everywhere else, and I think Paul's the natural frontrunner here. Of course, I must caution to add that Texas votes pretty late in the cycle, so it might be meaningless to the actual nomination. But it's good for headlines, if nothing else, and helps make it harder to dismiss Paul as a candidate. He got 4.87 percent here last time he ran, and that's when only Huckabee and McCain were still in the race. A showing like this, combined with good news from Wisconsin, shows our message is spreading. Great news. :)

realtonygoodwin
05-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Assuming Palin isn't running, Newt's campaign is crashing, some of Huckabee's (and Palin's) voters may go for Paul. If this were done today, I could see Paul with a narrow lead.

Guitarzan
05-24-2011, 05:03 PM
I think Medina's run helped Paul with his fellow Texans. And now that Medina is so much more well-known, she will be a huge asset this run.

NYCMatt1980
05-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Ron is no longer a single digit candidate. He is polling incredibly well.

Billay
05-24-2011, 06:26 PM
This is a great start! Lets be honest though if we win Iowa we'll win most of the states that are polling Paul in double digits. Keep our eye on the prize gentlemen.

nate895
05-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I have a strange feeling that Palin might defy the odds and run. Hope not though.

The last poll they conducted in Alaska had Palin at around 20%. For a former governor that is supposedly a "frontrunner," that's really bad. Michelle Bachmann will take her place in the race, and it will be a race between her and Paul to unite the conservative vote against Romney, with Bachmann having the upper-hand.

Fermli
05-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Romney is doing terrible in Texas. Great to see that.

trey4sports
05-24-2011, 09:51 PM
The last poll they conducted in Alaska had Palin at around 20%. For a former governor that is supposedly a "frontrunner," that's really bad. Michelle Bachmann will take her place in the race, and it will be a race between her and Paul to unite the conservative vote against Romney, with Bachmann having the upper-hand.

pretty good analysis IMO