PDA

View Full Version : What NY-26 Means

cindy25
05-24-2011, 02:38 AM
if Dems take this, then all talk of budget cutting ends. for both parties. so called entitlements will be the big winner. forget about debt ceilings, just print and borrow. Newt will say "I told you so"

http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/88880/ny-26-special-election-corwin-hochul

goopc
05-24-2011, 04:19 AM
The political landscape that produced the Republican sweep of 2010 is gone. Just what replaces it remains to be seen.

This is probably true, and a little depressing. The TEA party mentality is the American people has burned out faster than the left's anti-war movement.

Also I live in NY-26 and all the canidates are idiots. Jack Davis's entire camping consists of "they tirk er jerbs!" Corwin is a total hack. I went to an event where she was asked about the fed. She supported auditing it because it is a "government organization," but refused to End the Fed, saying she needed to "look into it."

I'm not voting today, and proud!

cindy25
05-24-2011, 07:03 AM
This is probably true, and a little depressing. The TEA party mentality is the American people has burned out faster than the left's anti-war movement.

Also I live in NY-26 and all the canidates are idiots. Jack Davis's entire camping consists of "they tirk er jerbs!" Corwin is a total hack. I went to an event where she was asked about the fed. She supported auditing it because it is a "government organization," but refused to End the Fed, saying she needed to "look into it."

the candidates are jerks, big govt Rep vs big govt Dem, but the Dem is winning for the wrong reason; if she was a Kucinich Dem running again the war she would be fine; but she is running her entire campaign on "Save our handouts" not just Medicare but even Medicaid. what matters is the message it sends, and if the Dems win the entire GOP house (except for one congressman from Texas) will be running as fast as they can to raise the debt ceiling, start more wars, and ramp up the printing presses.

pcosmar
05-24-2011, 08:19 AM
I got an E-Mail from TeaPartyNation (in my junk box) and already deleted it when I saw this thread.
A pretty messed up race. Lots of dirty politics.
From my quick look at it, David Bellavia looks to be the best choice that I know of.
http://bellaviaforny.com/about.php

WP has some on the convoluted mess.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/house/why-ny-26-probably-wont-be-ano.html

Are there any other Liberty Candidates that I don't know of?

cjm
05-24-2011, 10:21 AM

When I'm faced with a field like that, I just write in "NOTA" (none of the above). It doesn't count for anything but maybe someday the number of write-ins will exceed the number of votes for the lame candidates ("candidate A wins with 20% of the vote over candidate B's 15%. There were also 65% of voters that cast write-in votes for various candidates"). I force them to tally my discontent.