PDA

View Full Version : 11/5 pledges vs. visitors

BillyDkid
10-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow, I was just at the Nov. 5 money bomb site and I see where there have been over 140,000 visitors, but only 11,000 or so pledges - what is that all about? This means we actually have the potential to achieve the stated goal and the only reason we haven't is because only a tiny fraction of the visitors have pledged? Why? We have a huge chance to make a huge splash - why isn't everyone who is interested in RP pledging (leaving aside those who simply do not have the money to spare.) If people are hung up on the Guy Fawkes thing, they need to get over it. The bomb really has zip to do with Guy Fawkes, it has to do with us all pulling together at the same time to rock the media (and to buy a shit load of advertising for OUR candidate.)

ItsTime
10-28-2007, 11:03 AM
people visit more than once, and not all are ron paul supporters

EvilEngineer
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
yup, i've been back a dozen or so times to check the status. Each time I visit is a hit.

BillyDkid
10-28-2007, 11:06 AM
yup, i've been back a dozen or so times to check the status. Each time I visit is a hit.
Yeah, duh. I think I must have taken stupid pills this morning.

TheEvilDetector
10-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Wow, I was just at the Nov. 5 money bomb site and I see where there have been over 140,000 visitors, but only 11,000 or so pledges - what is that all about? This means we actually have the potential to achieve the stated goal and the only reason we haven't is because only a tiny fraction of the visitors have pledged? Why? We have a huge chance to make a huge splash - why isn't everyone who is interested in RP pledging (leaving aside those who simply do not have the money to spare.) If people are hung up on the Guy Fawkes thing, they need to get over it. The bomb really has zip to do with Guy Fawkes, it has to do with us all pulling together at the same time to rock the media (and to buy a shit load of advertising for OUR candidate.)

I hope they hit the goal, but based on the rate of signups so far my gut feeling tells me only 20,000 will sign up by the 5th of November.

However, even 2mil in one day is pretty good.

If donations keep coming at the pace they are now Ron should raise 7-8 mil this quarter and if you take into account the 5th November donations that total should be around 10mil.

I think there will be other special donation days so 10-12mil this quarter should be possible.

zebov
10-28-2007, 11:15 AM

a) a lot of folks go there multiple times
b) you already answered your question. Folks are against the Guy Fawkes connection. I believe you underestimate the number of connections between this event and V... have you not seen the videos being used to advertise this event? As I've said many times, this event should not be stopped and should be supported, but it will not be as successful as it could be due to its V connection. It will still be successful in raising a lot of money and it will end good, but there are quite a few folks who will be turned off by the references to Guy Fawkes.

Paul4Prez
10-28-2007, 12:09 PM

Yeah, like winning the lottery and finding out you have to split it. Seriously, this effort has already succeeded, as long as people follow through and donate.

cmc
10-28-2007, 12:13 PM
"Even" 2 million?

$2m would be fantastic and totally over the top! In the NYT article the campaign claimed they want $3m for October, $4m for November, and $5m for December. That would net them half of the month's goal in one day.

ronpaulyourmom
10-28-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure it's unique visitors. The discrepency probably stems from non-RP supporters being linked to the site.

QWE
10-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Even if this is unique visitors you guys have to understand how websites work! A near 8% turnover rating of pledging to donate $100 is REALLY good. Most websites would love to get something like that!

schmeisser
10-28-2007, 12:21 PM
For the purpose of the site, the conversion rate is still HUGE! The more buzz outside of the main support base = more traffic, but a lower conversion rate. 1-2 million will still create the desired affect and attention.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-28-2007, 12:21 PM
And how about the increase donations from all the NEW Ron Paul supporters that are coming in? I forget where I read it, but every day 1,000 new people are signing up for MEETUP GROUPS.

Not only that, but those will help bring in thousands more!

And all of this can be accelerated... that's what www.RonPaulsRebels.com is all about.