PDA

View Full Version : How many people have you converted to Ron Paul since 2008? Post your experiences here.

PaulConventionWV
05-23-2011, 08:44 PM
I am interested in seeing how most people convert others to vote for Paul. This is intended to be a thread where people can talk about what works based on their experiences, as well as a thread where you can talk about your latest experiences canvassing, talking with friends about Ron Paul, etc.

The poll is there to gauge how successful we have been, and who seems to have the best strategy. It is probably worth mention whether they were Republicans, Democrats, liberal, conservative, etc. or simply apolitical.

I have only converted one that I know of, and from what I can gather, she seemed to be already a GOP member. It was on facebook and I basically just talked about how Ron is not like the other crook politicians (you have to mold your answers to the other person's concerns) and that, if we do not elect him, we will be in deep trouble. She thanked me for introducing me to him after watching a Youtube video on his stances, so maybe I can only take partial credit for that, but it is what it is.

Please feel free to post yours.

PaulConventionWV
05-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Bump for storyzz!

Chester Copperpot
05-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I put 7 or more even though I cant 100% say that its true. I dont know if its true because Ive talked to hundreds of strangers since then and I dont keep up to know what they do and even certain close friends who are just mum on who they vote for.

the people who are able to open their mind and educate themselves are the ones who will be converted.

the people you have to argue and fight with over policy... not so much.... even if they agree with wont admit it because of pride.

EDIT: after thinking about it.. I can confirm I definitely have converted at least 7 people... but most likely there have been alot more

ive converted hundreds against the federal reserve for sure.

Chester Copperpot
05-24-2011, 12:31 PM
The way I do it is simple.

I keep 2 dollar bills in my pocket.. a federal reserve note and a United States note... let the people hold and feel the money.. explain the difference and then its an easy transition to ron paul

RachelFaith
05-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Hundreds: When they talk anti war, I explain to them the difference between a world's policeman and what it is we really do. In short, if you were the victim of a crime and called the police, you would expect them to come, investigate, solve, punish and get out of your life. If the police stayed in your home, demanded you cook for them and bossed you around, all the while saying they did this because this was the only way to be sure the criminals did not return, how happy would you be?

When I talk economy, well, I let the prices and unemployment do that talking for me and just say: Which person running can you trust to actually take on the big banks and corrupt politicians. Most folks get it on the economy, they just don't on the war, so that is where I flip all those I debate.

Chester Copperpot
05-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Hundreds: When they talk anti war, I explain to them the difference between a world's policeman and what it is we really do. In short, if you were the victim of a crime and called the police, you would expect them to come, investigate, solve, punish and get out of your life. If the police stayed in your home, demanded you cook for them and bossed you around, all the while saying they did this because this was the only way to be sure the criminals did not return, how happy would you be?

When I talk economy, well, I let the prices and unemployment do that talking for me and just say: Which person running can you trust to actually take on the big banks and corrupt politicians. Most folks get it on the economy, they just don't on the war, so that is where I flip all those I debate.

Thats a really good analogy.. Thanks.. Im going to use that from now on.

ronpaulitician
05-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Not sure, but my two bosses each took one of the free Liberty Defined books that I have sitting on my desk for any of my colleagues to take. I'm not even pitching them. They're just sitting there. If they ask, that's their problem. That'll quickly take them onto a dark twisted road into libertarian oblivion, as they just can't resist the pull of a free hardcover.

Romulus
05-24-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't convert... I proudly display RP stuff, shirts, stickers, books, etc and I leave myself open for people to voluntarily approach me. I don't want to come across as preachy and pushy by forcing folks to discuss politics.

If people want to know the truth and discuss the philosophy of a free society, then I'm ready.. if not, they are content living in the matrix, and there's not a whole lot you can do to break their slumber. They have to be willing to wake up first. So I don't go around preaching or converting.

JamesButabi
05-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Definetely over 7. As with Romulus most people approach me probably because im not pushy, im very accepting, and respected. They come to me and I give them my own personal views. Once in a while I will nudge people along. Most people are liberty minded and just don't realize it until they delve deeper.

Maximus
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I know I've converted more than a few people. Generally through books, there are many more people though that haven't bought Ron Paul but are very sympathetic to him, just still have a few hang ups.

PaulConventionWV
05-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Darn, I just realized the poll is messed up. Any way to fix it?

t0rnado
05-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Personally, atleast 40 or 50 including family and friends. Through my website, probably hundreds.