View Full Version : MSPaint Flyer

pyrolimeade
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/amtrak3/presidentpaul1.png

I made this a few minutes ago in Paint.

I welcome critique.

Crystallas
05-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Do you want critique from an informational standpoint, or from an effective marketing standpoint?

JacobG18
05-23-2011, 07:46 PM
it wont help here in Alabama. The drug war and legalization cannabis will just hurt here

Crystallas
05-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Okay, well, I'm going to be hard on you. I, myself am not perfect, but I do know a thing or two about hitting the nail on the head with marketing. Take it with a grain of salt, it's not personal. :D

The picture of RP used is bad for someone who is new to Ron Paul. Simply put, it makes him look old and tired. While we know he has more energy than most people here, the image will instantly scare people off without reading the information.

Bullet points don't need to end in periods.
Cannabis is a fringe subject, it can be left without. The point on ending the War On Drugs should cover that base, or by minimum, act as a lead in, for people who search for further information.

You never want to imply TRY versus WILL/DO. When you write that he will "fight against", it sounds uncertain. Instead, consider putting "Is Against". The same goes for Abolish, as it takes a very rational stance and makes Paul look like an extremist to moderates.

The overall text for the bullet points is too small. The rest of the text does not stand out as well as it could, but Paint is really what handicaps you from making it *pop*.

And the rest of my critique is more to deal with Paint limitations, so I'll skip that. There ya go! Nice attempt, pyro!

PaulConventionWV
05-23-2011, 08:23 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/amtrak3/presidentpaul1.png

I made this a few minutes ago in Paint.

I welcome critique.

Eh, the talking points you bring up aren't among his most popular. "Support the legalization of cannabis" isn't the best way you could put it. It's not entirely true. I feel like it needs to be mentioned that he's very consistent, is socially conservative, delivered four thousand babies, has been married to the same woman for 51 years, and is the most likely to beat Obama.

PaulConventionWV
05-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Eh, the talking points you bring up aren't among his most popular. "Support the legalization of cannabis" isn't the best way you could put it. It's not entirely true. I feel like it needs to be mentioned that he's very consistent, is socially conservative, delivered four thousand babies, has been married to the same woman for 51 years, and is the most likely to beat Obama.

Also, I feel like you should mention the GOP primary so people don't think you're just waiting for the general election.