PDA

View Full Version : Would this be what a Ron Paul Presidency be like?

dude58677
05-23-2011, 12:57 PM
(Ron Paul is out driving through DC in his SUV and is at a stop light)

Driver in car next to Ron Paul: Hey, you're President Ron Paul?

President Ron Paul: Yea.

Driver in car next to Paul: Want to race to the next stop sign?

President Ron Paul: I'll pass, you can speed down the highway all you want but if you crash and get hurt, don't come complaining to me.

Remember there would be no Secret Service under his Presidency so Ron Paul would be driving his own car through town.

kpfareal
05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Remember there would be no Secret Service under his Presidency so Ron Paul would be driving his own car through town.

???

dude58677
05-23-2011, 01:30 PM
???

Ron Paul would have eliminated the Secret Service.

ChaosControl
05-23-2011, 01:36 PM
What is this I don’t even

trey4sports
05-23-2011, 01:38 PM
has he ever said he would get rid of the secret service?

pauladin
05-23-2011, 01:39 PM
guys we need to start writing ron paul fanfiction.

kpfareal
05-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Ron Paul would have eliminated the Secret Service.

Says who?

LatinsforPaul
05-23-2011, 01:46 PM
My Plan for a Freedom President
How I would put the Constitution back in the Oval Office (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul647.html)
by Ron Paul

Kenny Tan
05-23-2011, 02:04 PM
+rep

VBRonPaulFan
05-23-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

dude58677
05-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Ron Paul doesn't ask for Secret Service protection for his campaigning. It wouldn't surprise me if he got rid of the Secret Service as President. He would be safer because he wouldn't make himself a target as he would keep a low profile.

truthdivides
05-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Complete with the dollar coin having Paul's face on it.

Chester Copperpot
05-23-2011, 02:46 PM
I believe the secret service's primary job is to prevent counterfeiting of the currency

Kojack
05-23-2011, 03:03 PM

How about some Ron Paul slash fiction?

Not Safe For Work (http://hrsugarfree.blogspot.com/2010/05/love-loveultion-revolution-ution.html). Not at all.

specsaregood
05-23-2011, 03:06 PM
I believe the secret service's primary job is to prevent counterfeiting of the currency

Well, then they might as well be eliminated since they have failed beyond belief.

pcosmar
05-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Not Safe For Work ("://hrsugarfree.blogspot.com/2010/05/love-loveultion-revolution-ution.). Not at all.

Not even worth the click. I wish I hadn't.

mac_hine
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Worst thread ever?

mac_hine
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Worst thread ever? :confused:

kpfareal
05-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Ron Paul doesn't ask for Secret Service protection for his campaigning. It wouldn't surprise me if he got rid of the Secret Service as President. He would be safer because he wouldn't make himself a target as he would keep a low profile.

Yeah, I'm sure there wouldn't be anyone who would want to kill President Paul while he is dismantling the Federal Reserve, chopping down the military industrial complex, ending the IRS, etc. He would be the safest president ever.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-23-2011, 04:07 PM

In that case let's keep them and send them to the Federal Reserve building with lots of handcuffs.

kahless
05-23-2011, 04:15 PM
My Plan for a Freedom President
How I would put the Constitution back in the Oval Office (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul647.html)
by Ron Paul

It would destroy his opponents if he could get these talking points in on every interview.

1. Reduce overall federal spending
2. Prioritize cuts in oversize expenditures, especially the military
3. Prioritize cuts in corporate welfare
4. Use 50 percent of the savings from cuts in overseas spending to shore up entitlement programs for those who are dependent on them and the other 50 percent to pay down the debt
5. Provide for reduction in federal bureaucracy and lay out a plan to return responsibility for education to the states
6. Begin transitioning entitlement programs from a system where all Americans are forced to participate into one where taxpayers can opt out of the programs and make their own provisions for retirement and medical care

kahless
05-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Complete with the dollar coin having Paul's face on it.

There is already a guy in jail for that.

dude58677
05-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I'm sure there wouldn't be anyone who would want to kill President Paul while he is dismantling the Federal Reserve, chopping down the military industrial complex, ending the IRS, etc. He would be the safest president ever.

Why wouldn't someone hire a Secret Service Agent to do the killing? Why is it less safe to keep a low profile?

QueenB4Liberty
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Why wouldn't someone hire a Secret Service Agent to do the killing? Why is it less safe to keep a low profile?

Um. The President of the United States keeps a low profile?

anaconda
05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
has he ever said he would get rid of the secret service?

Ron will need to take uncommon security precautions. I wouldn't be surprised if he swapped out secret service candidates with his own hires. He also needs to neuter the shadow government from day 1, with mass firings and cabinet appointments. A Paul presidency will seem quite different from what we're accustomed to. Beginning with bringing all of our troops home. Probably a lot of challenges and executive orders based upon Paul's oath to defend the constitution. He needs to stock the military with many vetted liberty soldiers at key levels, appoint a liberty AG, and a liberty CIA chief to summarily gut and clean that house. As well as Homeland Security and FEMA. Etc. And, I'm not sure how this works, but perhaps appoint heads of each department that will downsize ever so dramatically and ask congress for very small budget appropriations. The department heads could also do like Representative Paul, and return half of their budget to the treasury. He needs to have carefully selected advisers representing different view points of the inner workings of these criminal agencies. Ron needs to anticipate black ops, false flags, coup attempts, and the whole nine yards. He needs to throw monkey wrenches into their apparatus asap. I would recommend, in support of this agenda, to immediately get to the bottom of 9-11 with his military appointments, various civil appointments (FAA, etc.), AG, and so on, because a few easily obtained confessions will be sufficient fodder to create horrific public outrage, enormous political capital, and a real snowball effect.

pcosmar
05-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Ron will need to take uncommon security precautions. I wouldn't be surprised if he swapped out secret service candidates with his own hires. He also needs to neuter the shadow government from day 1, with mass firings and cabinet appointments. A Paul presidency will seem quite different from what we're accustomed to. Beginning with bringing all of out troops home. Probably a lot of challenges and executive orders based upon Paul's oath to defend the constitution. He needs to stock the military with many vetted liberty soldiers at key levels, appoint a liberty AG, and a liberty CIA chief to summarily gut and clean that house. Etc.

He is welcome to my services in whatever capacity he can use.
And I am sure I am not alone in this.

dannno
05-23-2011, 05:28 PM
How about some Ron Paul slash fiction?

Not Safe For Work (http://hrsugarfree.blogspot.com/2010/05/love-loveultion-revolution-ution.html). Not at all.

Holy shit that is completely inappropriate while also mildly entertaining :D

dude58677
05-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Um. The President of the United States keeps a low profile?

He would not be like previous Presidents that love to seek attention. Again he already does not have bodyguards for his Presidential Campaigns.

Milliard Fillmore kept a low-profile Presidency and isn't this the very kind of Presidency you would like to see with Ron Paul?

anaconda
05-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Holy shit that is completely inappropriate while also mildly entertaining :D

Carol Paul is not cool with this. Plus it's not Ron's style. Sarah wouldn't even get noticed by Ron.

payme_rick
05-23-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm all about some RP fan fiction...

The defeated road-racer hung his head as he drove up to the president's SUV, clinching the roll of 100 dollar bills he bet the leader of the free world for the last time. He rolled down his window and stuck the wad of cash out, "$400, correct?" he said. The president paused, smiled then broke the silence, "You're damn right, now come get in, I'll buy you lunch at California Pizza Kitchen.

The road-racer did just that, and they sped away. The road-racer turned to the president and began to ask, "Do I call you Mr. President, or..." but the president interrupted, "No no, you can call me Ronnie!" The racer smiled and said, "Okay, Ronnie, you can call me George!" The president burst into laughter and turned to George and said "Oh no, in my SUV your name is Peaches.."

Oh shit, bad turn, abort story abort...

Legend1104
05-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Ron Paul presidency in one setence: Just say no.

lx43
05-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Ron Paul has one constitutionally authorized power that I never hear him saying he was would use: the power to pardon. Could you imagine in the debate if he said something to effect if you want to opt-out of the system (and if Congress shows no signs of cutting spending dramatically) I will simply let you opt out by pardoning you from paying taxes.

anaconda
05-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Ron Paul has one constitutionally authorized power that I never hear him saying he was would use: the power to pardon. Could you imagine in the debate if he said something to effect if you want to opt-out of the system (and if Congress shows no signs of cutting spending dramatically) I will simply let you opt out by pardoning you from paying taxes.

Could Paul simply appoint an attorney general that would order a "stand down" on tax prosecutions? But this might leave the door wide open for these people to be prosecuted during future administrations.

lx43
05-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Could Paul simply appoint an attorney general that would order a "stand down" on tax prosecutions? But this might leave the door wide open for these people to be prosecuted during future administrations.

I believe so, but his term would only last for 8 years. I think the President can issue lifetime pardons.