PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

Ninja Homer
10-28-2007, 10:03 AM
A name can be worth millions.

For example, look at Hillary Clinton. The Clinton Machine managed to get everybody to refer to them as "Hillary". This humanizes her and makes it appear that a woman would be President, which somehow would be a change for America. The Clinton Machine has already been in office, and we know what happened then, so it would be silly to think that she would change anything as President. She has managed to remove the "Clinton" part of her name when people reference her in the media, in every day conversations, and even in the Republican debates. We could do a lot to change that... whenever you talk about Hillary Clinton, refer to her as "the Clinton Machine."

I think Ron Paul will always be referred to as "Ron Paul". He has 2 short first names, so there isn't much the opposition could do with his name that would stick. The only thing we might think about doing is to refer to him as "Dr. Ron Paul". As a general rule, most people don't like politicians. Referring to him as a Dr. may help to set him apart as being a respected Dr., not just another politician.

Where Ron Paul has been attacked with nicknames is us grassroots people. It seems we are now referred to as "Paulites". I don't care too much for that. It sounds a little cultish, which is exactly what they are trying to portray.

I recommend we start referring to ourselves as "Paul Reverers". It's simple enough that it could catch on, and it has a good meaning behind it. We revere Ron Paul, and like Paul Revere, we are trying to wake up and warn America before it is too late.

No Opinion
10-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Ron Paul is ouR Plan

JMann
10-28-2007, 10:06 AM
If I was him I would of been Ronald Paul but that is just me. At least it is easy for the common fold to remember.