PDA

View Full Version : Tim Pawlenty Video: Who the hell is Tim Pawlenty?

W. E. Messamore
05-23-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AufUH-ZPeRo

AndrewD
05-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I like it man. You have a good casting voice as well. Keep it up, you will be successful. Thank you for your time in this educational video.

thedude
05-23-2011, 12:36 PM
I like it

+rep

W. E. Messamore
05-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey thanks!

Mahkato
05-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't think you can argue to most Republicans that Johnson is a "true conservative". The whole pro-choice litmus test really kills it for like 90% of them.

W. E. Messamore
05-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Can't argue with you there, but doesn't it suck that Rudy Giuliani-- whether he won or not-- never had his conservatism questioned despite being pro-choice? (Simply because was "right" on the war issue?) Gary Johnson may be pro-choice, but he might be friendlier to pro-life policies (by de-federalizing the issue, for instance) than most "mainstream" Republican candidates like Mitt Romney... whose sudden change on that most crucial of issues is curiously suspicious. And certainly Johnson's fiscal conservatism is above reproach and a solid rebuke to the big government madness that is Pawlenty / Gingrich / Romney et al.

In the end at least no one can question Ron Paul on the issue of life. He's as pro-life as they come.

libertygrl
05-23-2011, 05:29 PM
EXCELLENT! I was going to post it on some conservative boards but hesitated because there are some religious/older voters on there that may be turned off by the use of the word hell - believe it or not! I don't think the majority would think it was offensive, but it may come across as being a little too aggressive to that voting block who are starting to warm up to Pawlenty.

I think use of these videos are great to get our message out however, I do think they could be created in such a way to target specific groups. Senior Citizens are the largest and most reliable voters. I would hope that we could try to get their votes as well. My concern is that they think only college kids are for Ron Paul - which I feel sort of turns them off because then they think he's too radical for them. If I were using your video to target this group I would not allow them to know the video was created by a younger guy, and would just drop the word hell. Just my opinion...

VanBummel
05-23-2011, 06:10 PM
That was great! Probably the best Ron Paul vs. Other video I've seen. I'd love to see something similar for candidates like Cain, Bachmann, etc.

W. E. Messamore
05-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Libertygrl- if you want a good video targeted toward that exact demographic that won't turn them off with salty words like "hell" maybe share this one on those websites:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?294619-Video-Ron-Paul-talking-points-that-conservatives-will-love

VanBummel- I've got more in the works my friend :)

angelatc
05-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Wesley, awesome video...but I hate that picture of Ron at 1:01 !

W. E. Messamore
05-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Angela- Sorry! Lol- I kinda didn't feel great about it either as I was editing it, but I wanted a really super sharp, crisp image of him as contrasted with the blurry one of Pawlenty.

Oh and Libertygrl- don't let 'em make you think they're as easily offended by language as they may let on. Back when I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh, I'd hear him let hells and damns fly once in a while. His whole audience is the type of people you refer to in your post (plus one skinny neocon teenage boy many years ago, lol).

hillertexas
05-24-2011, 08:20 AM
http://excitingthingsabouttimpawlenty.com/

W. E. Messamore
05-24-2011, 07:06 PM
That's hilarious! Duly tweeted.