PDA

View Full Version : Cox to drop out? (finally)

walt
10-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Meanwhile, Chicago businessman John Cox, a little-regarded long-shot candidate who has run but failed in bids for local office, used his time before the audience to concede defeat in the contest.

Blaming the national media for giving him scant attention, Cox said, "I've been doubting my own existence in the last few months" and he assessed his chances as being "about as strong as the Cubs chances of winning the World Series." He said he would soon return home and start a political action committee to promote non-career politicians.

Source: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/ron_paul_tear_down_missiles_mr.html

runderwo
10-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Kind of sad, really. Even though Cox was never a viable candidate because he lacks experience, his platform ran a close second to Paul's in terms of righting the ship and returning to common sense.

MozoVote
10-28-2007, 09:54 AM
And now, for your blogging pleasure, THE JOHN COX ANTHEM!

Aaaaaa.... AAAAAAH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEY_Dr7nHw

koob
10-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Kind of sad, really. Even though Cox was never a viable candidate because he lacks experience, his platform ran a close second to Paul's in terms of righting the ship and returning to common sense.

and obama has experience??? it's not fair :(

RevolutionSD
10-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Cox doesn't run in the elite circles so he gets shut out but isn't he just another war monger?

NinjaPirate
10-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I've never heard of this guy. ?_?

MozoVote
10-28-2007, 10:13 AM
John Cox couldn't even get one of the empty podiums at the PBS debate. He was definately shut out firmly by the MSM.

But I think, justifiably. He didn't even have a strong base of support in Chicago, much less across the country.

NinjaPirate
10-28-2007, 10:17 AM
He's been invited to the MSNBC debates on Nov. 6th though.

http://www.cox2008.com/cox/files/MSNBC-Iowa-Debate-Invitation.pdf

margomaps
10-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I predict that many of Cox's hundreds of votes nationwide will go to Ron Paul.

John of Des Moines
10-28-2007, 10:36 AM
In defense of Cox. He did buy a Chicago icon "Jay's Potato Chips" and save it from being closed. (It's kinda sad that his supporter has to label snack size bags of Jay's before all the events only to find all the potato chips got taken and his room still empty.) And at the Iowa Republican Reagan dinner last night he was pretty lit-up after the pre-dinner activities. ;)

walt
10-28-2007, 12:08 PM
In defense of Cox. He did buy a Chicago icon "Jay's Potato Chips" and save it from being closed. (It's kinda sad that his supporter has to label snack size bags of Jay's before all the events only to find all the potato chip got and the room still empty.) And at the Iowa Republican Reagan dinner last night he was pretty lit-up after the pre-dinner activities. ;)

Could you try contructing that in a sentence that makes sense?

malibu
10-28-2007, 12:23 PM
In defense of Cox. He did buy a Chicago icon "Jay's Potato Chips" and save it from being closed.

Well, maybe he should have also renamed it back to it's original pre-WWII company name too . . . "Jap's"

Don't forget Cox complains about other Chicago icons - like the organic milk producers who still deliver in glass bottles ( Oberweis' ) - and then soon afterward promptly finished third in his Republican primary for the Senate in Illinois.

Cox thinks we should have the Iraqis vote to decide what our foreign policy should be. That is a novel stupid idea.

Triton
10-28-2007, 06:55 PM
He was a wannabe. Good riddance.

Mortikhi
10-29-2007, 06:16 AM
and obama has experience??? it's not fair :(
Obama is pigmented, so different rules apply.

BuddyRey
10-29-2007, 06:33 AM
John Cox didn't fail just because the MSM machine conspired against him, he failed because he had no distinguishable message or platform. Honestly, what was he running on? Like Brownback and Huckabee, he was just another opportunistic theocrat who wanted to police the world and American bedrooms. I'll say the same thing now that I said when Brownback dropped out; "Good riddance to bad rubbish."

angelatc
10-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Could you try contructing that in a sentence that makes sense?

I understood ot perfectly. Cox's lone supporter labeled some single serving size bags of potato chips with some pro Cox labels. The chips were taken, but nobody was in the room to hear him speak. Then Cox got drunk.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Cox couldn't even get out of the primaries in local elections lol

Badger Paul
10-29-2007, 10:03 AM
If you're going to run for President, make sure you've at least won an election before do, even for dog catcher. Why should the press take you seriously if you can even win a camapaign for local office? Do you know how many people are running for President? Lots. They can't cover everybody.

Ego trip, that's all John Cox '08 was in the end.

koob
10-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Obama is pigmented, so different rules apply.

haha. true.