PDA

View Full Version : *LIVE* Broadcast of Ron Paul - TODAY- Justin.TV

InTheoryTV
10-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Hello Folks,

Ron Paul is in Cheyenne Wyoming today and among other things (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28376) he is going to be having a free rally this afternoon. The rally will be webcast on Justin.TV.

http://www.justin.tv

3:30 pm EST / 2:30 pm CST / 1:30 MST / 12:30 pm PST

I won't be online much as I will be there, so I won't be able to keep the thread near the top.

Go Ron Paul!

torchbearer
10-28-2007, 09:16 AM
bump

walt
10-28-2007, 09:20 AM
worthless - the microphone on that thing is from walmart.

justin.tv has not responed to emails regarding turning off the chat that has trolls and effects video quality.

I could not in good faith ask an undecided voter to watch this.

InTheoryTV
10-28-2007, 09:48 AM
I will be running the camcorder today for the webcast. I'm a suporter that has some video skills, but haven't watched any of the Justin.tv feeds in the past. I'll have some of my own equipment and I'll work on trying to get a wireless mic set up as well as work on the audio at the source. Hopefully I can make it work better than what you explained you heard and saw in the past. I'll give it my best for Ron Paul.

Go Ron Paul!

walt
10-28-2007, 09:52 AM
I will be running the camcorder today for the webcast. I'm a suporter that has some video skills, but haven't watched any of the Justin.tv feeds in the past. I'll have some of my own equipment and I'll work on trying to get a wireless mic set up as well as work on the audio at the source. Hopefully I can make it work better than what you explained you heard and saw in the past. I'll give it my best for Ron Paul.

Go Ron Paul!

Good luck.:D

Can you give that feedback directly to the justin.tv folks - this stuff really needs to get fixed.

constitutional
10-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I've been to Wyoming through Cheyenne to Rawlins. Beautiful ... just beautiful. I wish I was there.

Do we know how many people will attend this rally?

Man from La Mancha
10-28-2007, 09:59 AM
worthless - the microphone on that thing is from walmart.

justin.tv has not responed to emails regarding turning off the chat that has trolls and effects video quality.

I could not in good faith ask an undecided voter to watch this.

I have to amit there is no professional care given to try to produce a quality transmission by Ron Paul peoples attempt to broadcast stuff. They have had a dozen attempts to learn and improve. With simple wifi repeaters or cell phone interned connection and good sound equipment would work wonders.

Check out this awesome homebuilt steady cam for $14 which equals ones for $500. Would make Great Ron Paul videos while moving in a crowd.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/

Here is a clip from it...http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/soccer2.mov
Description: Tracking fast moving/running subjects playing soccer.
Notes: This involves running along side and around a soccer player during practice. The steadycam and the inverting bracket are the only pieces of equipment used. Also demonstrates some of the dangers of field recording in active environments.

DrNoZone
10-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I have to amit there is no professional care given to try to produce a quality transmission by Ron Paul peoples attempt to broadcast stuff. They have had a dozen attempts to learn and improve. With simple wifi repeaters or cell phone interned connection and good sound equipment would work wonders.

Check out this awesome homebuilt steady cam for $14which equals ones for $500. Would make Great Ron Paul videos while moving in a crowd.

Notes: This involves running along side and around a soccer player during practice. The steadycam and the inverting bracket are the only pieces of equipment used. Also demonstrates some of the dangers of field recording in active environments.

I love the raw coverage of Justin.tv. It isn't supposed to be professional quality! It's supposed to be raw, real, in your face, live, warts and all.

walt
10-28-2007, 10:03 AM

Check out this awesome homebuilt steady cam for $14 which equals ones for $500. Would make Great Ron Paul videos while moving in a crowd.

Good ideas, what is needed to get it to execution?

At a minimum, we need a high quality audio feed from each event - I thought this was once Ronpaulradio.com's role, but they haven't broadcast an event live in some time (no idea how to fix that)

Man from La Mancha
10-28-2007, 10:09 AM
I wish I didn't have a job and had some money, I would love to follow Ron around and make some great video live feeds:(

torchbearer
10-28-2007, 10:10 AM

Go Ron Paul!

Keep the resolution of the video very low, the audio is the most important part. I

constitutional
10-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I wish I didn't have a job and had some money, I would love to follow Ron around and make some great video live feeds:(

Right, and there is motivation and inspiration for doing all that work. Words fail me, it would be awesome.

Yesterday, the audio and video was great on Justin.tv

The microphone needs to be placed near RP so we can hear him better.

InTheoryTV
10-28-2007, 10:16 AM
I'll look into the steadycam directions later.

My plan:

Use the hat cam at the beginning of the event to get good pictures of the crowd and get them involved.

Right before Ron Paul begins to speak I'm going to switch to camcorder (their camcorder, my tripod) as the source for video and audio. I'm going to ask Ron Paul wear the wireless mic and will do a sound check before hand using my headphones. I have an old wireless Radio Shack mic system. I got it from a garage sale and have used it with success in the past. Problem is that the wireless audio receiver works on AC power. So I am bringing a long extension cord, a DC to AC converter in my car, and I hope that I can get my car close enough with extension cord to the camera.

Going to eat breakfast and then check here one more time and then I'm on out of here. Any last suggestions?

torchbearer
10-28-2007, 03:13 PM
bump

InTheoryTV
10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
The rally was a lot of fun and it was great to go to see Ron Paul.

Well my plans of using my equipment didn't work out the way I wanted it to. I got there early and was running power cords to my wireless mic receiver (needs AC) and then found out the camcorder that was supplied didn't have audio inputs. I then went to use my camcorder, but I couldn't get the profile to load on the Adobe encoder. So I started with the hat cam to get some pictures of the crowd and went to go the camcorder I had set up on a tripod, but for some reason the feed went down and I was forced to switch back to the hat cam. Sorry, the quality wasn't better.

Ron Paul was great though.