PDA

View Full Version : The War on Ron Paul

bobbyw24
05-23-2011, 04:32 AM
by Susan Westfall

Whether the media establishments want to admit it or not, and believe me they don't, Ron Paul IS the 'front runner' for the republican primary. Despite voracious denials and vitriolic arguments from almost every quarter to the contrary, he is the only one with a chance of shutting out Obama for the presidency in 2012. He appeals to all sides of the aisle, and is attracting the much sought after independent swing vote almost as fast as he has the youth of the nation. The Internet is indisputably Ron Paul country as countless polls and google trends have repeatedly shown. The gradual change in political rhetoric flowing out of Washington, D.C. over the last 3 years reflects an explosion of interest in the freedom message he spreads so tirelessly. The continuos growth in popularity of talk and news shows focussing on freedom and the constitution broadcasts loud and clear the rising prominence of issues he has brought to the debate fore. For anyone with any powers of discernment, it's a no-brainer.

So why do media pundits, dime a dozen politicians, and innumerable experts of self-aggrandized consequence spend great swathes of time, effort, and someone's money working so hard to convince the people otherwise? You can't turn on a TV, pick up a paper or surf the Internet without encountering the words "He can't win," or some other lame variation repeated ad nauseam with great gusto. According to all the most acclaimed talking heads, that mythical beast "The Front Runner" has yet to be seen on the horizon and is still to arise from some unknown lair, "blazing a new trail" of GOP fame and success across political skies sometime in the not too distant future. Their blind adherence to this tired refrain boggles the mind. Personally, I can find only one reason for the constant repudiation...fear. Fear of the known...Ron Paul, and fear of the unknown...future largess. The status-quo is cornered and it's biggest backers are flailing in desperation through media and political mouthpieces.

http://lewrockwell.com/orig12/westfall1.1.1.html

liberalnurse
05-23-2011, 05:17 AM
First thing I read this morning. Perfect. Thanks, Bobby

pauladin
05-23-2011, 05:27 AM
i get a special feeling in my pants every time someone says that ron paul is the frontrunner.

S.Shorland
05-23-2011, 05:42 AM
I don't think revolution is possible.Government has tanks,jets,chemical and nuclear bombs.I can't put it in terms to argue with Molyneux but I don't think the World can wait for madness to take over completely.The lust for power is a violent emotion and I can quite see a Statist starting a nuclear war.All these people living freedom won't do any good if they can't eat,reproduce or communicate.

Working Poor
05-23-2011, 07:35 AM
I am sharing this in as many places as I have an account.

Krugerrand
05-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Awesome last paragraph:

No matter how much Washington, D.C. wishes to protect Americans from themselves, lift them out poverty, provide for their well-being, or ensure their safety from dangerous products and enemies, it can not do so without infringing on their individual liberties and violating the Constitution. The federal government we live with today no longer serves the interests of the American people, but serves the special interests of: corporate cronyism; militarism for profit influence and empire; centrally planned debt management, counterfeiting, fraud and currency debasement. Those who would maintain the status-quo, despite it's almost certain destructive end, are beginning to realize just how much they have underestimated the power of a quiet, consistent message of truth delivered to the people by a man of principle. A man who would be president not for the power he could wield over the people, but for the power he would give to the people by restoring their Republic. So war has been declared again, but this time the war is on liberty...and Ron Paul.

ClayTrainor
05-23-2011, 07:48 AM
i get a special feeling in my pants every time someone says that ron paul is the frontrunner.

Rongasm. :p

ssantoro
05-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Soooo sweet. Heard it on mitter Church this morning.

Freedom 4 all
05-23-2011, 08:16 AM
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

They ignored us, they laughed at us and now they are fighting us. Stay the course and we shall prevail.

tropicangela
05-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Google Trends Here (http://www.google.com/trends?q=%22ron+paul%22%2C+%22tim+pawlenty%22%2C++ %22herman+cain%22%2C+%22mitt+romney%22%2C+%22Miche le+Bachmann%22&ctab=0&geo=us&geor=all&date=mtd&sort=0)

Scale is based on the average traffic of "ron paul" from United States in the last 30 days.
"ron paul" 1.00
"herman cain" 0.94
"michele bachmann" 0.30
"mitt romney" 0.28
"tim pawlenty" 0.22

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Awesome last paragraph:

+1 :)

For sure... just awesome!

matt0611
05-28-2011, 08:34 AM
If the media actually treated Ron fairly, and stopped marginalizing him, he'd easily be the clear front runner and most likely win the republican primary.

Even now, the media is obsessed with trying to find another republican candidate. Why?!?
We have the ULTIMATE conservative republican candidate!
In the age of the tea party we have the ULTIMATE tea party candidate, the guy that, even though he won't admit it, *started* the tea party.
The ultimate small government, lower taxes, free market, republican candidate!
Its already shown that he'd do the best against Obama as well.
In an age of massive deficits he's the guy who voted against all of it!
In the age of internet / social media / facebook / twitter, he's the guy who has the biggest online following out of any candidate!
In the age of economic crisis and stagnation, Ron is the guy who predicted it many years ago!
In the age where the congress has read out loud the Constitution before they started this session, Ron is the guy who probably knows more about the Constitution than anyone serving in congress!

If people actually want to see Obama defeated and see a conservative, free market, small-government, lower taxes, constitutional, president in the Whitehouse they would go for Ron.

Why can't people see it?
I just don't understand...

Travlyr
05-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Why can't people see it?
I just don't understand...

Most people get their information from TV, radio, and newsprint. Main stream media outlets are controlled by the power elite (FCC), and they have been controlled for many years. People who get their news from the Internet are getting free market news, but a very large majority of indoctrinated people are too lazy to do their own research, so they believe whatever they are told.

Central bankers fund opposition candidates. The Federal Reserve replaced every Senator and Representative who spoke out and voted against the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 shortly after its passage. Since that time mostly globalist empire building supporters have been elected (CFR members). This is why you often hear about the "International Community" on NPR. The elite oligarchy is extremely wealthy and powerful.

The central bankers DO NOT WANT Ron Paul to win because they DO NOT want to give-up their privileged positions... global taxation is far too profitable for them. Liberty is the enemy of the central bankers because it is hard to control free people ... they are our enemy because they steal our wealth.

acptulsa
05-28-2011, 09:18 AM
If you would be free, just say yes to Dr. No.