PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's First Action as President

Begood
10-28-2007, 09:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDM8US25xXg

Great video.. Ron looks very calm and presidential.

Delivered4000
10-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Nice

constitutional
10-28-2007, 10:01 AM
That was great, he explains it so profoundly.

Tina
10-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Beautiful.

Man from La Mancha
10-28-2007, 10:31 AM

YES HE DOES!

TheEvilDetector
10-28-2007, 11:00 AM
That video rules

Jake!
10-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm really regretting not sticking around after the Ames rally.

James R
10-28-2007, 12:13 PM

Very intelligent conversation. Thanks for the link. Clearly he has a strong grasp on how to handle the presidency... which is something I've been concerned about because I didn't know exactly how he planned to deal with it.

filmmaker58
10-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I think his first act as President should be to declair the CEO's of Halliburton, The Carlyle group, Blackwater (and about 50 others) enemy combatants, and have them sent to Guantanimo to have their penises tied together for a week or two, before he repeals the patriot act and closes down the torture camps.

Joking of course

Elwar
10-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Hmm...I figured his first act would include the swivel chair in the oval office and a loud "WHEEEEEEEE!!!"

theprolific
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Beautiful. Amen.

american.swan
10-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I think his first act as President should be to declair the CEO's of Halliburton, The Carlyle group, Blackwater (and about 50 others) enemy combatants, and have them sent to Guantanimo to have their penises tied together for a week or two, before he repeals the patriot act and closes down the torture camps.

Joking of course

I ain't joking.

ClayTrainor
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
god dam, i love ron paul more and more with every video

parke
10-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Its nice to see him talking to just a couple of people instead of mobs or reporters. Thats my president right there!!!!

Mandrik
10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
I LOVE that video. So powerful!

I went to the Iowa Independent website and noticed this comment from the "Huckabee, Thompson Energize Crowd At Reagan Dinner" article:

Mike Huckabee is a great candidate. Ron Paul is also a populist but it does not matter how much money he raises, some of his ideas will not be received nor will they for a long time. He is at 3%, isn;t even close to winning in his home state, won't win in Iowa, won't win in NH....I don't think there is a state he will even come close to winning. It is good to see some support for him- it shows that there are a fair amount of people that are upset with our current system but a good portion of Paul's support will eventually trickle towards Huckabee as the other populist candidate (i.e. without any PAC money or corporate money)who not only has a iable candidcy but now should win.

That really made me chuckle. That was posted by someone who has obviously never been to this website. :)

steph3n
10-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I LOVE that video. So powerful!

I went to the Iowa Independent website and noticed this comment from the "Huckabee, Thompson Energize Crowd At Reagan Dinner" article:

That really made me chuckle. That was posted by someone who has obviously never been to this website. :)

huckabee will get my vote the day he sits in a tub of razors.

sunghoko
10-28-2007, 07:23 PM
candid, honest and genuine as always but much more relaxed.

I'd like to see other candidates show their true colors.

Malakai0
10-28-2007, 07:26 PM
How someone could watch that then vote for the ghoulster or Romney, or heil hillary, is beyond me. My brain cannot comprehend it, I think I'm going to short out!

peacemonger
10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I really get the feeling that we are in the presence of Greatness. These are historic times. This is not just about a political campaign. It has morphed into a cultural revitalization movement. We are on the threshold of a new era of personal responsibility that will destroy the new world order.

Ron Paul is a national hero and, when he wins, I think we should demand that the U.S. Treasury should put his face on a .999 silver coin

peacemonger
10-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I also think a 20 dollar drop in oil prices is a VERY conservative estimate. We could see a twenty dollar drop in the first week. Oil prices were around 25 dollars before the war stuff started. Most of the price increases today are due to run away speculation (FEAR) due to the threat of supply disruption. OK, maybe India and China are using a little more than they did before so (controlling for fear of disruption) lets say the Ron Paul administration Oil price would ease back down to the low 40's within a few months.

Translation: When Paul wins, make sure your money is in gold, copper, natural gas, or any other commodity except Oil stocks.

Begood
10-29-2007, 06:25 AM
I really get the feeling that we are in the presence of Greatness. These are historic times. This is not just about a political campaign. It has morphed into a cultural revitalization movement. We are on the threshold of a new era of personal responsibility that will destroy the new world order.

Ron Paul is a national hero and, when he wins, I think we should demand that the U.S. Treasury should put his face on a .999 silver coin

Well said!!

Matt Collins
10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
He looks very tired in that video.

However that is one of the most down to earth, honest, and sincere pieces of him I have seen yet!